21st February 2012, 06:54 PM

Eligibility criteria to study BSc in Agriculture in Indian Colleges? How to get admission?

Sir,let me know the eligibility criteria of studying BSc in Agriculture in Indian colleges,how to get the admission and when to apply for the year 2012 as well as the list of colleges in India.Thank You, Swapnadip.

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects are required in 12th for BSc Agriculture? Fee structure for admission in BSc Agriculture? What is the admission procedure of various agriculture colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Exams to write to study Agriculture in BSc? Fee structure details and list of private colleges in AP?
  3. Procedure to get admission for B.Sc in Agriculture?
  4. Can I take admission in BSc IT on the basis of my 12th percentage which is 76%? Eligibility criteria of it?
  5. What are the requirements for getting admission in BSc Agriculture? In which colleges can I apply?
  6. Eligibility criteria for BSc Agriculture in Karnataka? Which are the colleges? Fee structure for the same?
  7. Scope of Biological B.Sc courses from Kerala university? Eligibility for admission?
  8. List of agriculture colleges abroad with scholarship program details -- [New]
  9. Can I do B.Sc course after completion of 12th class in Arts stream?
  10. Detailed information, procedure and eligibility to study PhD in ICAR for M.Sc(Agriculture) candidate?
  11. How to study MPH or MHA after completing BSc Nursing from Bangalore? Criteria to get admission and the names of the colleges?
  12. List of ICAR recognized colleges offering admission in B.Sc(Agriculture)?
  13. Rank required to get B.Sc Agriculture? Is the future bright in Agriculture? Top B.Sc Agriculture colleges?
  14. Can I get admission for BSc Agriculture in government colleges in Maharashtra
  15. Can I do B.Sc in Agriculture after Diploma in Agriculture?
  16. Will I get admission for agriculture BSc after completing intermediate with 68%
  17. How to get admission in BSC Agriculture? List of good colleges in Kerala?
  18. List of government and private colleges for Pharma.D, B.Pharma and BSc Biotech? What is the admission procedure and fee structure of the colleges? What is the eligibility criteria? Am I applicable for B.E Biotech if my subject in 12th was Biology?
22nd February 2012, 02:20 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study BSc in Agriculture in Indian Colleges? How to get admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9431315020 View Post
Sir,let me know the eligibility criteria of studying BSc in Agriculture in Indian colleges,how to get the admission and when to apply for the year 2012 as well as the list of colleges in India.Thank You, Swapnadip.

If your aspiring to apply for B.sc in Agriculture then you should complete 12th standard from recognized university .

B.sc in Agriculture is an Bachelor degree . The duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester .

Syllabus for B.sc in Agriculture :-

~~ Agricultural Extension
~~ Elements of Agronomy
~~ Principles of Genetics
~~ Water crops and irrigation
~~ Weed biology and control
~~ Bio-Chemistry and Agrochemicals
~~ Agricultural Statistics
~~ Advertising and branding
~~ Business planning and control business strategy
~~ Elementary Calculus
~~ Introductory Agro climatology

Eligibility criteria :-

You should qualified in 12th standard or equivalent examination in science stream with physics / chemistry / Biology from recognized university . You should score minimum 60% percentage of marks marks in 12th board examination .

The Separate institution may conduct entrance examination within the colleges . The admission for B.sc in Agriculture is based on the percentage of marks in entrance examination .

If your satisfy the eligibility criteria then your eligible to get admission .

Best Colleges for B.sc in Agriculture Course :-

-Indian Agricultural Research Institute
-Birsa Agricultural University
-Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
-Rajendra Agricultural University
-National Dairy Research Institute
-Forest Research Institute
-Central Agricultural University
-Roever Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development
-Ramkrishna Bajaj College of Agriculture
3rd March 2012, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study BSc in Agriculture in Indian Colleges? How to get admission?

sir i am complete agricultural polytechnic in ANGRAU , i join in to study ag bsc any university
21st March 2012, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i am complete diploma in electronics in Mumbai ,can i join bsc in agriculture in amravati university
5th April 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to get admission in agrecalture collage
14th April 2012, 04:31 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

B.Sc or Bachelor of Science is a undergradute degree program. The degree conferred to the candidates after completion of 3-year, six-semester course.
Eligibility Criteria
1. You must have qualified 10+2 from a recognized board/university.
2. You must have completed 10+2 with physics, chemistry or biology.
3. You must have pursued mathematics in 10+2.
4. A minimum of 60% aggregate marks is required in the 12th class.

* Hope the povided data will help you......
3rd May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir what is the age limit for bsc(hons)agric. And also please tell me fees for sc/bc candidates
4th May 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i give exam of ips after B.sc ?
pls tell
13th May 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i'm from bhopal i recently appeared 12 cbse board exam and i want to get admission in bhopal college for bsc biotech plz.. tell me about procedure and minimum eligibility
16th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I LIKE TO STUDY AGRICULTURE WITHOUT ENTRANCE,IS THERE ANY COLLEGES FOR ADMISSION
21st May 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 236 marks in kerala entrance. Is there any chance to get a seat for BSc agriculture ?
26th May 2012, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

I got 50% in 12th bord exam can I get admission for bsc agri
15th June 2012, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

what scope for bsc agriculture
15th June 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

what is the best govt Bsc agri. colleges for me after passing 2 with 71.5% marks?
16th June 2012, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

How to get a admission in BSC AGRICULTURE?
23rd June 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir iget fail in maths in but in compart exam iscored 56 in 12 is i able to join b.sc. agriculture
26th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

what kind of subject in bsc ag
28th July 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed crop production & mangement vocational can i join 2nd year agbsc
28th July 2012, 10:08 PM
perumalla srikanth

DEAR USER,
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE AGRICULTURE STUDY IS 12TH CLASS COMPLETION AND SHOULD PASS THE 12TH CLASS AND ALSO PERCENTAGE SHOULD BE MORE THAN 60%
List of Agricultural Universities in India
Name of University
State Agricultural Universities/Central University
1. Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural Univ., Rajendranagar, Hyderabad-500030, A.P.
2. Anand Agricultural University, Anand-388110, Gujarat
3. Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat-785013, Assam
4. Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, P.O Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Mohanpur,
Nadia-741252, West Bengal
5. Birsa Agricultural University, Kanke, Ranchi- 834006, Jharkhand
6. Central Agricultural University, Imphal -795004, Manipur
7. Chandra Shekar Azad Univ. of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur- 208002, U.P
8. Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hissar-125004,Haryana
9. Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidhalaya, Palampur,
Kangra- 176062, Himachal Pradesh
10. Dr Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Dapoli, Ratnagiri-415712,
Maharashtra
11. Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth, Krishi Nagar, Akola-444104,
Maharashtra
12. Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar Univ. of Horticulture & Forestry, Solan,
Nauni – 173230, Himachal Pradesh
13. Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar,
Udhamsingh Nagar-263145, Uttarakhand
14. Guru Angad Dev University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Ludhiana-141004,
Punjab
15. Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Krishak Nagar, Raipur-492006,
Chhattisgarh
16. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Krishi Nagar, Jabalpur- 482004, M.P.
17. Junagadh Agriculture University, Moti Baug, Agril. Campus, Junagadh-362001,
Gujarat
18. Karnataka Veterinary Animal and Fisheries Science University, P.B. No. 6,
Nandinagar, Bidar-585401, Karnataka
19. Kerala Agricultural University, P.O Vellanikkara, Thrissur-680656, Kerala
20. Maharana Pratap Univ. of Agriculture & Technology, Udaipur-313001, Rajasthan
21. Maharashtra Animal Science & Fishery University, Nagpur, Maharashtra
22. Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri-413722, Maharashtra
23. Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani -431402, Maharashtra
24. Narendra Deva University of Agriculture & Technology, Kumarganj, Faizabad-
224229, Uttar Pradesh
25. Navsari Agricultural University, Vijalpore, Navsari-396450, Gujarat
26. Orissa Univ. of Agriculture & Technology, Siripur, Bhubaneswar-751003, Orissa 27. Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana -141004, Punjab
28. Rajasthan AgriculturalUniversity, Bikaner -334006, Rajasthan
29. Rajendra Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur-848125, Bihar
30. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Univ of Agriculture & Technology, Modipuram,
Meerut-250110, Uttar Pradesh
31. Sardarkrushinagar-Dantiwada Agricultural University, Sardarkrushinagar,
Dantiwada, Banaskantha-385506, Gujarat
32. Sher-E-Kashmir Univ. of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Railway Road,
Jammu- 180012 (J&K)
33. Sher-E-Kashmir Univ. of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Shalimar, Srinagar-
191121, (J&K)
34. Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati, Chittoor- 517502, A.P.
35. Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore-641003, Tamil Nadu
36. Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram Milk Colony,
Chennai- 600051, Tamil Nadu
37. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka
38. University of Agricultural Sciences, Banglore- 560065, Karnataka
39. UP Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwa Vidhyalaya Evam
Go Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathura- 281001, Uttar Pradesh
40. Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwaviddyalaya, P.O. Pundibari, Distt. Cooch Behar-736165,
West Bengal
41. West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, 68 KB Sarani, Kolkata-
700037, West Bengal
42. University of Horticultural Sciences, Venkataramnagudem, West Godavari, A.P.
43. Rajmata VRS Agricultural University, Gwalior-474002, Madhya Pradesh
44. University of Horticultural Sciences, Navanagar, Bagalkot-587101, Karnataka
45. University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur-584102, Karnataka
Deemed-to-be Universities
1. Indian Agricultural Research Institute, Pusa-110012, New Delhi
2. Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, Bareilly-243122, Uttar Pradesh
3. National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal-132001, Haryana
4. Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai-400061, Maharashtra
5. Allahabad Agricultural Institute, Allahabad-211007, Uttar Pradesh
Central Universities with Agriculture Faculty
1. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P.
2. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P.
3. Vishwa Bharti, Shantiniketan, West Bengal
4. Nagaland University, Medizipherma, Nagaland
11th August 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am completed agriculture polytechic of acharya n.g ranga university i am join to any university of indai..please tell me i am eligibulity university
17th October 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have biology in 12th for persuing BSc. in Agriculture???cant it be done with maths???
6th January 2013, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I am 23 years old. I have finished my 10 2 in s.c with 61% marks in 2008. I do not have any graduation degree. Now I want admission in bidhan chandra krishi viswavidyalaya. Is it possible now?
7th April 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 62%marks in 12 class. Can i get admission in b.sc biology in p.a.u
22nd April 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my diploma in agriculture. can i do Bsc in agriculture?
26th April 2013, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

WHAT BOOK I WANT TO STUDY FOR ENTRANCE EXAM
26th April 2013, 08:58 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9431315020 View Post
HI!
For admission in top Agriculture college you have to Qualify the exam conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research(I.C.A.R).

ELIGIBILITY FOR I.C.A.R EXAM:-
> Pass 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology with minimum 50% marks from recognized University or Board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> The age limit for exam is 17-25 year.
> Maximum number of attempts is 3.
> The candidate must be citizen of India.

Top Agriculture college in India:-
> Maharishi Dayanand University, Chotturam State College of Engineering, Haryana
> College of Agriculture Engineering, Samastipur, Bihar
> College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology, Junagadh, Gujarat
> Jawaharlal Agriculture Engineering, Jabalpur, Madya Pradesh
> College of Agriculture Engineering, Ludhiana, Punjab
> College of Agriculture Engineering, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
> College of Agriculture Engineering, Akola, Maharashtra
> Allahabad Agriculture Institute, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh

GOO LUCK!
6th May 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

sir my cousin has taken agriculture course in 2 i.e., tamil, english, agriculture and biology and also 2 practicals in agri !!! My question is..... Can he take B.sc agri ?
6th May 2013, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

sir I have 2 pass in 2006 and my dream was Agriculture but some family problem reason I will join with bsc computer science ,but I am not finished in Degree , but this time I interested in Bsc agriculture studied ,how can I study please help me sir
6th May 2013, 10:23 PM
shanvenks

sir I have +2 pass in 2009 ,but my dream has agriculture ,then at that time my family problem reason I will be studied in bsc computer science but I have not finished in degree in arrears ,but this time I will study interested in Bsc agriculture ,how possible I can study agri please help me sir any idea
11th May 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

i am completed 12 th and i like to take b. Sc agri what r the exam i want to write when was that conducted how i want to apply for that
11th May 2013, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

i am completed 12 th and i like to study b. Sc agri what are exam i want to write and how i want to apply for that when was that completed
14th May 2013, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 13597 rank in eamcet can i get ag b.sc seat in svu
19th May 2013, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

My Son has given 12th Std,Guja Board Exam, & He got 66.51% Marks. Percentile in Gujarat 2013. We have agriculture lan In maharshtra in His name & His grandfathers name If it is valid for Some 12,0r5 % Marks for Agriculture land holders. The rule is applicable for his current year.
Please clerify this.

from.Surekha.
26th May 2013, 09:38 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Hello,

For seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course offered agricultural universities and their constituent colleges,

You must have completed their 10+2 in science stream and it is compulsory that you must be from science stream to apply to the B. Sc Agri. Course.

::::Top Agricultural colleges are::::

• Kerala Agricultural University

• Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology

• West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences

• Uttar Banga Krishi Vishwavidyalaya

• University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur

• University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad

• University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore

• Gujarat Agricultural University

• Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology

29th May 2013, 03:48 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

B.Sc Agriculture - Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is a course that is awarded agricultural colleges and universities in india.
This course extends to a period of four years in some colleges, while in some colleges, the duration of the course is three years like other Bachelor of Science courses.
In India, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course is offered by the constituent units of agricultural universities that are established by the appropriate state governments.
>> Eligibility Requirements :-
For seeking admission to the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture course offered by agricultural universities and their constituent colleges, candidates must have completed their 10+2 in science stream and it is compulsory that candidates must be from science stream to apply to the B.Sc Agricultural Course.
>> Higher Education options :-
Candidates, who have completed their Bachelor of Science in Agriculture can go for Master of Science in Agriculture and this course is offered in several sub specializations like Agricultural entomology, Agricultural microbiology, seed technology, sericulture, plant pathology, etc.
Candidates can also take up Master of Business Administration with specialization in Agriculture.

> Hope for your better future scope.
31st August 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to join B.Sc agriculture , which group i will study in eleventh standard
20th October 2013, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i recentaly completed d.pharm but i want to join Bsc.agri can get admission to diploma base
28th October 2013, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about the fees structure to study B.SC agri in tamilnadu.
18th January 2014, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

sir I have finished 12th with 80% in 2013 _2014 but one year I have wasted for some problems In my family in 11th I have taken cs group I can do bsc agri is I am eligible for it is it say some colleges in Madurai
19th January 2014, 11:46 PM
syed hizbullah

Default i want to start mbbs in india

its me syed hizbullah most respectfully . sir/madam
i want to start mbbs in India. i am student of bsc form pakistan i have done my f sc 2nd devetion. how can i start mbbs in India. would you mind to tell me that plz.
i shell be thinkfull to u
22nd January 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I completed my h.s.c cource
In First class that means 66.15 % so please tell me
Me my admission will be done or not? In bsc
6th February 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

sir now I am studying 10th STD . For studying bsc agri what qualification I want ? weather I want study 1 , 2 or diplomo ? Please sent the qualification to my email ID [email protected]
2nd March 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

sir , plz tell me is it necessary to have chemistry in my 10 2 level and the minimum marks required in chemistry ??
i have math,biology ,chemistry n physics
31st March 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam I am doing MBA in bharathiyar university distance education. I need last 5 years question papers. Please send to [email protected]
2nd May 2014, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

i completed in computer science group. but i have intrested in agricutural engineering now. it is possiple?
3rd May 2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

my 12 th is scince but i have pcm groups in 12 th then iwii qulify this education bsc agri
15th May 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

i had passed plus two with 77% and i got 60-70% in required subjects like physics,chemistry and biology.can i apply for bsc.agriculture without a rank in entrance exam
?
15th May 2014, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i had passed plus two with 77% and got 60-70% in required subjects like physics ,chemistry & biology.shall i apply for an admission in bsc.agricultre without a rank in entrance exam?
6th June 2014, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

my brother passed H.S.(10 2) agriculture with A grade in 2014. how can he get admission in b sc ag
15th June 2014, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

i have done XII th with computer science ..can i get admission in bsc in agriculture without bio?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?