7th September 2021, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Admission in BTech is possible if done lateral Diploma engineering?

I have completed my 10th in 2017 with 84% and then completed my 12th in 2019 with 56% but after completing 12th I did not get engineering seat in any college. Then I decided to go through diploma. I have taken direct second year admission in diploma without first year diploma , so will I be eligible to get engineering seat in any college in Maharashtra?

10th September 2021, 01:24 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in BTech is possible if done lateral Diploma engineering?

Diploma engineering is equivalent to a Graduation degree. So, after completion of Diploma engineering, you are eligible to apply for admission in BTech.
10th September 2021, 12:02 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

B.tech is offered in many colleges, who have completed 3 yr diploma in engineering with atleast 50% marks with maths as a compulsory subject in class 12th...

One can enter in to b.tech programme through various state and national.level entrance exam, they have to appear for JEE exam.....
10th September 2021, 07:12 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you are planning to apply for b tech lateral entry then you must have successfully completed three year diploma in Engineering. ( if you have completed your diploma after 12th through lateral entry even then it is equivalent to 3 year diploma).
Most of the engineering colleges in India require a 60% aggregate in three year diploma.

Doing a diploma in Engineering itself has a lot of possibilities. you can either do a 3 year diploma after your 12th exam aur apply for diploma program right after giving your class 10th exam.
11th September 2021, 09:56 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Definitely, you can take admission in BTech after completing diploma through lateral entry scheme.

But to take admission in BTech, you have to qualify JELET ( Joint Entrance Lateral Entry Test ) exam.

After passing this exam you can take admission in 2nd year directly.

So prepare well for JELET exam.
12th September 2021, 10:04 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Lateral Entry Programme is being offered at universities and engineering colleges enabling students who have completed 3-year diploma in Engineering or B.Sc. degree or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks, and Mathematics as a compulsory subject in Class XII, to get admitted in the second year directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?