7th September 2021, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello sir, I am studying Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Cuttack. I am studying in 2nd year now and I will do B.Tech after my Diploma in same stream. So, I want to know that I can get admission in IIIT college or not for B.Tech after my Diploma?

9th September 2021, 11:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Cuttack. I am studying in 2nd year now and I will do B.Tech after my Diploma in same stream. So, I want to know that I can get admission in IIIT college or not for B.Tech after my Diploma?
Yes, you can do B.Tech in IIT.

Those candidates who have completed diploma or 12th standard from recognized board or University are eligible for B.Tech course.

But you should qualify in JEXPO entrance exam.
10th September 2021, 01:32 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes. After completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to apply for admission to study B.Tech in IIIT.So, you have to appear in JEE Mains and get qualifying marks to get admission for B.Tech in IIIT.
11th September 2021, 12:24 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

No, that's not possible..
Firstly you have to get bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering...
Then ,you have to clear GATE for admission in IIT and NIIT or any other reputed college...
11th September 2021, 09:07 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in BTech in IIIT through diploma in mechanical engineering basis.

In order to get admission in BTech in IIIT, you need to qualify the JEE Mains.

Selection of the candidate is done based on the rank obtained in JEE Mains through JOSAA counselling.
12th September 2021, 10:07 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get into IIIT-Hyderabad after diploma course, you need to appear for JEE Mains for the same.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?