8th October 2021, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I allowed to do Diploma in Hotel Management course having failed 12th board exam under CBSE?

Hi, my name is Tushar Sharma, I was studying in class 12th of CBSE school. My result got declared on 25th of May 2018. I got failed. My question is that can we do a diploma course in Hotel Management and can do 12th again by filling up a private form.

9th October 2021, 07:42 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I allowed to do Diploma in Hotel Management course having failed 12th board exam under CBSE?

°°° No, you are not eligible to pursue diploma in hotel management course if you have failed in your class 12th board examination.
Successful qualification of the candidate should be 10 + 2 in any discipline from a recognised Educational Board with minimum score of 50% at 10 + 2 and relaxation of 5% is provided to reserved category students.
Admission to the course is based on these students performance in the relevant entrance exam for merit obtained in the last qualifying examination.

°°° Enhance exams

AIHMCT WAT

BVP CET

JET entrance exam

AIMA UGAT
11th October 2021, 08:43 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I allowed to do Diploma in Hotel Management course having failed 12th board exam under CBSE?

No, you are not eligible to study diploma in hotel management if failed in 12th.
If you are fail in 12th board exams, then there is no chance to get admission in hotel management course.
To get admission in Hotel Management course, you have passed in 12th standard.
So please clear the 12th exams first, then you will get admission in hotel management course.
11th October 2021, 11:10 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required for hotel management is class12th.

Students can even go for certificate diploma or degree course.

Certificate course is of 6 months to 1 year.
Degree course is of 3 years.

As far as your 12th is concerned, you can do that privately.
15th October 2021, 02:44 PM
jeet2porwal

No, You are not allowed to do Diploma in Hotel Management course having failed 12th board exam under CBSE.

You must have completed intermediate from recognized board with minimum aggregate of 50% from recognized university.

If you could clear 12th as private student than you are eligible to pursue Diploma course .

Your selection will be done either on the basis of 12th score or through entrance exam conducted by university.
15th October 2021, 03:57 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To do the Diploma in Hotel Management course you need to clear the class 12th. The minimum qualification which is required for this course is a candidate must have passed 10+2 in any stream with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate for the general category and for SC/ST it is 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized board. This minimum score may vary from institute to institute which you can check before applying. Some universities and institutes may conduct the entrance examination for admission to this course.
15th October 2021, 07:29 PM
Dip Mali
Junior Member+

First of all,
you have to clear your 12th exam then only major hotels management will accept you.Try hard.Goodluck.

Or,
First option is to clear 10+2 exam and then apply for B.Sc or BHM in hotel management.

But in case you are not willing to give 12th exam again then on the basis of 10th class result you can do a diploma of 1 year and then go for higher degree in hotel management.

( Universities offering diploma are Lovely Professional University, BHU, JNU ) .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?