10th December 2018, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BDS course after completing Diploma in Dental Mechanics?

Hello everyone, I am studying in Diploma of Dental Mechanics in final year. After completing my Diploma, I want to do BDS course. Please help me to know that am I eligible for BDS course after my Diploma or not?

13th December 2018, 04:05 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BDS course after completing Diploma in Dental Mechanics?

Minimum educational qualification required to pursue BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course is pass in 10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects. You can pursue BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course, if you have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects from a recognized Institute. Bachelor of Dental Surgery course is 4-year degree course and 1-year Internship course. For admission into this course, you have to appear and qualify the all India level entrance test.

Last edited by ppsahu; 24th January 2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Remove *
13th December 2018, 08:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BDS course after completing Diploma in Dental Mechanics?

If you have got class 12th qualification with PCB stream, then surely you will be eligible for BDS course admission through entrance exam like NEET or any state level medical entrance exam.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam only. Your diploma will not have any affect on your admission process, if you have got 10+2 with PCB stream.
14th December 2018, 11:20 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study BDS course after completing Diploma in Dental Mechanics.

=> In order to get admission in BDS course, the candidate should have passed 12th class with PCB subjects from a recognized board.

=> The admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of NEET examination.

=> The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?