10th December 2018, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in LEET for Diploma Electrical student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am going to complete my Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Now, I am planning to appear in LEET. Can I eligible for giving LEET? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

13th December 2018, 04:18 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in LEET for Diploma Electrical student?

LEET is an entrance examination conducted for students to get direct admission to 2nd year of engineering courses offered by various government and private technical engineering colleges. You must have passed three years diploma in engineering course from any recognized Institution with at least 60% marks (40% in the case of SC/ ST category) in appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology. Those students who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply for direct second year engineering admission, subject to the condition that they will produce the provisional certificate at the time of admission.

Last edited by ppsahu; 24th January 2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Remove *
13th December 2018, 08:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got diploma in electrical engineering from a recognized institute, then surely you will be eligible for LEET, which is a lateral entry exam for admission in B.Tech degree 2nd year.

Just make sure you are looking for admission in B.Tech of the same stream, if you want lateral entry into 2nd year of the course.
14th December 2018, 07:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear for LEET for diploma Electrical students:-

Yes, you can give LEET entrance exam on the basis of diploma in electrical engineering.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate who have completed diploma from any recognised University can apply for LEET exams to get admission in reputed University of Uttarakhand.

Age of candidate must be from 17 to 24 years

Course duration for diploma students is 3 years .

Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in diploma.
14th December 2018, 08:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Those candidates who have completed 3 years diploma after 10th or 10 + 2 with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Science and Maths field are eligible to take LEET entrance test.

The candidates who are appearing for the final year diploma examination are also eligible to apply for direct second year engineering admission commerce subject to the condition that they shall produce the provisional certificate at the time of admission.
14th December 2018, 09:32 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear for LEET for diploma electrical student:-

You have done diploma in electrical engineering so you are eligible for LEET exam.
Those candidates who have completed diploma course with above 50% marks from a recognised University are eligible for LEET exam.
Your age should be below 28 years.

The duration of this course is 3 years.
14th December 2018, 11:25 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility Criteria

=> The candidate should have passed three years Diploma course from a recognized board.

=> The minimum percentage required in diploma for Leet examination is 45%.

As per my knowledge. you can direct to the second-year admission in B.Tech course with the help of LEET examination.

The duration of B.Tech course after completing Diploma course in three years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?