9th April 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?

hii i am pursuring as a student of diploma in electronics nand communication.and i am itrested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf enterence exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  2. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  3. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  4. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  5. can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech computer science after completing my first year BCA? Which exam should I write for admission in B.Tech 2nd year?
  6. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  7. Am I eligible to get Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech and secured 75% in first year of B.Tech?
  8. Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completing 2nd year with 70% marks
  11. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  12. Admission to 2nd year B.Tech in PEC? Procedure and eligibility criteria?
  13. Can I get admission in 2nd year B.Tech computer science after completing my first year BCA? Which is the exam to be written for admission in B.Tech 2nd year?
  14. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
  15. How to get direct 2nd year admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  16. How to seek admission in M.Tech in ECE after doing B.Tech in ECE 2nd semester
  17. What should I do after doing B.Tech after diploma?
  18. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
14th April 2014, 08:49 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?

It is good to see that you are pursuing diploma course and aspiring for higher studies after completion of diploma course. Yes, you can definitely take admission in the IIT after your diploma course for the B.Tech course. But there is no provision of lateral entry scheme in the IITs. Hence you cannot get admission directly in the second year of engineering in the IITs. You need to take admission in the first year of engineering. And for this you need to appear for the entrance exam which is JEE like other 10+2 candidates. Admission is done purely on the basis of rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?