25th November 2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take CET exam for Diploma?

I have studied till Diploma in Tamil Nadu,am I eligible to take CET exam for diploma students for entering B.E in Karnataka.
Please let me know.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take CET exam for Diploma?
  2. Am i eligible to write diploma CET exam after completing 10th from AP?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for diploma CET exam after diploma in EC? Old question papers of it?
  4. Last date of submission of form of diploma CET? Is it necessary to give CET for diploma?
  5. Am I eligible for CET lateral entry exam after completing diploma in Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
  6. Am I eligible for diploma CET after passing 10th in Orissa? I have completed 3 years of diploma in Karnataka
  7. Can I be eligible for CET exam after completing diploma in Bangalore? I have 2 years work experience in Bangalore
  8. Can I write the CET exam in Bangalore? I've done diploma in Bangalore from M.V.J Polytechnic and want to sit in CET exam in Bangalore
  9. Am I eligible for MHT CET if I am doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders? -- [New]
  11. Am i eligible to write CET exam in Karnataka?
  12. Am I eligible for CET exam in Bangalore? I have completed diploma in EEE in Karnataka
  13. Am I eligible for CET after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. What is the date of CET exam for diploma holders?
  15. Date of sale of CET forms? When is the CET exam for diploma holders of computer science?
  16. What is the syllabus to prepare for CET? I have completed diploma in CET
  17. Am I eligible for CET? I have done diploma in mechanical engineering and having 1 year work experience
  18. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing diploma in Karnataka while not being a resident of Karnataka?
16th August 2014, 10:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take CET exam for Diploma?

Yes Diploma holders can apply for CET for admission into Degree course for Engineering. Being a Diploma holder you can apply for Lateral entry into 2nd year of the Engineering course which will save your one year.

You have to check whether the entrance exam offers lateral entry exam for Diploma holders or not. You should apply for it because it will be good for you as it will save your time an money during engineering graduation.

There are many lateral entry scheme exam conducted in India for Diploma holders to get admission directly into the 2nd year. Just make sure that you have completed your Diploma course from a recognized Institute and also you must be an Indian citizen. There is age criteria too for the entrance examination. Age relaxation is provided for those who belong to reserved category candidates.

Exam will usually have multiple choice questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Hence, be prepared for these subjects according to your syllabus of Diploma Engineering. There will be negative mark scheme so you have to attempt questions carefully.

Regards,
Ajay Gupta
23rd June 2023, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

7 years ago I was complete diploma so can I give cet exam ?
27th June 2023, 09:53 PM
Ar_pit

You want to give Entrance exams like MHTCET or JEE mains after Diploma to get admission in BE/B.Tech Courses.

You that you can get admission in various B.tech Courses without giving Entrance Exams, if you have diploma in Engineering.

That type of admission is called lateral Entry, where diploma Holders get admission in Engineering courses without any entrance exams.

There are many state level entrance examination and college level entrance examination which you can go for. Also, There are some state level counselling for admission in engineering colleges on the basis of class 12th marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?