4th January 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?

sir,
what is the criteria for eligibility for diploma holders in BE?
I am a diploma holder in civil engineering.
Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders or CET
When will be thr CET exam for diploma holder?

11th January 2014, 12:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?

It is is good to see that you are aspiring for higher studies especially BE/B. Tech after completion of your diploma engineering. This will definitely enhance your educational qualification as well as give exposure to better opportunities in the future. It will help you in fetching a job of good remuneration.

Yes, there is an entrance exam for the diploma engineers to seek admission in the BE/B.Tech course but you should try to go for the good engineering institutes. This is because the job market for civil engineers is not very good and good institutes will help you in getting good jobs and giving exposure. There are many engineers being produced every year. So there is no dearth of the supply of engineers as compared to the vacancies. SO you need to prove your worth to get good job.

The eligibility criteria for diploma holders to pursue BE for entrance exams in good institutes is 60% in your diploma. The admission to the engineering colleges that come under the technical board of education of your state is done on the basis of the rank in LEET exam. LEET exam is the entrance exam conducted in each state for the diploma candidates. The admission will be directly in the second year of engineering in the engineering institutes of the State. For the private institutes, you need to appear in the LEET exam of the concerned private institute and can seek admission directly in the second year of engineering. Approximately 10% of the seats in the engineering institutes is reserved for the diploma candidates.
29th September 2014, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible for BE? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?

i am studying diploma final year
now sir i am looking to prepare a engineering entrance exam s please give me the details of exams, syllabus, date
22nd July 2015, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Please i want right option please it is request from you give a clear detail regarding nit , is there diploma candidate take addmission in NIT collleges ? If yes it is possible in 2nd year then what the precedure
27th September 2016, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got admission in Islamic university in Jummu and Kashmir. In diploma n civil engineering but I m having my 12th completed with Medical plus Maths stream.but my 11th and 12th is not so clear .Now I m confused what to do. so I want to know is any scope in civil engineering diploma programs .Should I join it or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?