25th October 2015, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for IPS after doing AMIE?

hi i am doing service in air force. I am doing amie after completion of amie. Can i apply for IPS? Reply soon.

25th October 2015, 10:46 PM
ant man

Default Re: Can i apply for IPS after doing AMIE?

AMIE is equivalent to B.Tech degree. Sure you can apply for IPS exam after completing AMIE.

IPS stands for Indian Police service. The eligibility is as below

1. You must complete degree from a recognised university.
2. You must be a Indian citizen or as per government rules.

Age limit :

1. The age limit is between 21 - 30 years. There are upper age limit eligible for OBC, SC/ST.
2. The upper age limit for OBC is 3 years.
3. SC/ST have upper age limit of 5 years.

No. of attempts :

The no. of attempts for giving IPS exam is based on the caste.
1. The general caste people can write upto 3 times.
2. The OBC caste people can write upto 7 years.
3. There is such limits applicable for SC/ST people.

To know more click >> ips_eng.pdf
26th October 2015, 12:43 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am doing service in air force. I am doing amie after completion of amie. Can i apply for IPS? Reply soon.
IPS - Indian Police Service

Yeah you can join in IPS after doing AMIE. The procedure to join in IPS is that you should apply for the entrance exam for joining in as a IPS officer and there are eligibility conditions which you need to satisfy for applying. The IPS Exam is conducted by UPSC every year and the criteria's are:

-> You should have a citizenship in India.

-> The age limit needed fr IPS Exam is that you should have 21-30 years in the case of general category whereas there are relaxation for other categories such as for SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation and for OBC it is 3 years.

# Regarding the educational qualification candidate need to have complete degree from a recognized university and can be from any stream.

# Apart from all these candidate need to be physically fit.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IPS Exam. The candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

To know more regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th October 2015, 02:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible for IPS after completing AMIE. Since, AMIE is approved by Government of India so you are definitely eligible for IPS entrance exam. You are required to appear and qualify in the Civil Service entrance exam in order to become a IPS officer.

- Those candidates who are interested to appear in Civil Service exam, must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final year Graduation Degree or complete Graduation from a recognized University.

- The candidate age should be in between 21 to 30 years and upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
26th October 2015, 06:14 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IPS after doing AMIE.
Certificate from AMIE is well recognised by HRD Ministry of Indian Government and is equivalent to B.E. and B.Tech. degree.

Candidate can apply for IPS through Civil Service Exams after completion of AMIE.

Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?