24th March 2015, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply to study PhD after completing PGDM course?

Sir
I have heard PGDM is a Diploma course
and not a Degree. So I am interested to know
if I do PGDM then after this course can I apply
for PhD program?

5th April 2015, 12:32 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply to study PhD after completing PGDM course?

Yes, you can apply for the PhD after completion of PGDM. PGDM is a Diploma course equivalent to MBA Course. The PGDM is 2 Years course is eligible to do PhD.

Your only eligible to do PhD when you come with your PGDM course from an AICTE approved college. If have done your PGDM course fro Recognized university, then only you will be eligible for doing PhD course.
5th April 2015, 09:42 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I have heard PGDM is a Diploma course
and not a Degree. So I am interested to know
if I do PGDM then after this course can I apply
for PhD program?
No, PGDM degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course because PGDM course is not equivalent to masters degree course.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
5th April 2015, 12:19 PM
DineshKumar_01

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the PH.D after completing of PGDM course. Because the PGDM course is equivalent to MBA course.

You should satisfy the Only one eligibility criteria is you should complete your PGDM course in an AICTE approved colleges or university only. If you have done the PGDM course in a recognized colleges. Then you are eligible to done Ph.D course.
10th July 2017, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

I have done pgdm from jaipuria institute of management noida in 2011.It is AICTE approved but not comes under AIU that year. Now it comes under AIU. I have three years experience in banking sector.Am I eligible for phd program?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?