7th February 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Is Indian PGDM considered as MBA in USA?

Hi,
Iam sohail.
I completed my 12th and joined IIPM for a integrated ugdm pgdm programme of 3years.
I will be doing my major in HR.

So my question is,
Will I be considered as important as an MBA ?
Will the same job pay the same money for MBA and PGDM ?
After completing my programme will I be able to work in usa?

26th October 2014, 12:21 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Indian PGDM considered as MBA in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Iam sohail.
I completed my 12th and joined IIPM for a integrated ugdm pgdm programme of 3years.
I will be doing my major in HR.

So my question is,
Will I be considered as important as an MBA ?
Will the same job pay the same money for MBA and PGDM ?
After completing my programme will I be able to work in usa?
Two years full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course is equivalent to MBA course. Both the courses are equivalent. But, some major difference also take place when compare both the courses.

Salary is based on your skill and experience. It is not based on your course. Course is only helpful to get a job. Getting high package is only based on your experience and skill. Yes, of course you can definitely get a job in USA after completing Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course. As a fresher you expect minimum 25,000 to 35,000 per month.
9th April 2023, 10:54 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The accreditation and recognition of PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) programs vary across countries and regions. In general, PGDM programs are recognized and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and are offered by autonomous institutes in India. MBA programs, on the other hand, are offered by universities and affiliated colleges and are recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and other accrediting bodies.

In the United States, the term "MBA" is more commonly used and recognized, and most business schools offer MBA programs that are accredited by recognized bodies such as the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). However, some PGDM programs offered by reputed business schools in India may also be recognized and accepted by US universities and employers, provided they meet the required standards of accreditation and academic rigor.
13th June 2023, 06:56 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

In the United States, the term "MBA" typically refers to a specific type of degree conferred by universities or business schools. While the educational content and structure of Indian PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) programs may be similar to MBA programs in terms of management education, they are not considered equivalent to an MBA degree in the United States.

In the U.S., MBA programs are generally offered by universities and are accredited by recognized bodies such as the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). These programs are usually awarded a Master of Business Administration degree.

On the other hand, Indian PGDM programs are often offered by autonomous institutes or business schools that are approved by bodies like the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). While PGDM programs in India may provide a similar level of management education, the term "diploma" is not equivalent to a degree in the U.S. education system.

That being said, many top Indian business schools, including those offering PGDM programs, have gained international recognition and have alumni who hold leadership positions globally. While the specific nomenclature may differ, the reputation and quality of education provided by these institutions can still be valued by employers and academic institutions outside of India.

If you are interested in pursuing an MBA or a similar program in the United States, it is recommended to research and apply to universities or business schools that offer accredited MBA programs. Each institution may have its own admission requirements and evaluation processes for international applicants, so it's essential to review their specific criteria and consider factors such as rankings, faculty, industry connections, and alumni networks to make an informed decision.
30th June 2023, 02:54 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

In the United States, the recognition and acceptance of Indian Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) as equivalent to a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree can vary depending on the specific institution and the evaluation conducted by educational credential evaluators or potential employers.

Here are a few points to consider:

Accreditation

Evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators

Employer Perception

Individual Evaluation
1st July 2023, 12:37 AM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

Indian PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is not considered equivalent to an MBA in the United States. While PGDM programs in India are often similar to MBA programs in terms of curriculum and content, the designation of "PGDM" is specific to Indian education institutions.

In the United States, the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree holds its own recognition and is widely accepted by employers and universities. If you have completed a PGDM in India and wish to pursue higher education or employment in the United States, you may need to have your credentials evaluated by a credential evaluation service to determine the equivalence and potential transferability of your degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?