26th March 2016, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exams being a Diploma Computer student on 10th basis?

Respected Sir,
I have completed Diploma in Computer Science and before that I have completed 10th. I have studied 12th. So, I can apply for UPSC exams after my Diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Can i study 10th from private while studying Diploma course?
  2. Diploma course in computer after passing 10th standard? Which course is best to join in diploma?
  3. How to apply for BARC job on the basis of 10th qualification?
  4. What should I do among Mechanical and Computer in Diploma on 10th basis to study Aircraft Maintenance Engineering?
  5. Can I apply for IAS/KAS after diploma in computer science?
  6. Eligibility to appear in UPSC exams for Diploma in Computer Application & Business Management student?
  7. Can i take IBPS test on the basis of 10th or diploma? What will be the basic pay after 10th or diploma?
  8. Can I apply for Government Lecturer Exams in Tamilnadu after completing 10th with 85%, 92% in Diploma and 75% in B.E CSE?
  9. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  10. Is there any job in bank on Diploma basis?
  11. Scope of doing Diploma in Computer Science for 10th student?
  12. How to become a government employee after completing B.E in Electrical Engineering? What is the procedure for the same?
  13. Detailed information about Computer related diploma courses for 10th student? List of colleges which offers 3 years full time Diploma course?
  14. Can I apply for Indian Railway recruitment if completed Diploma in IT on 10th basis?
  15. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for Mechanical Engineering Diploma on 10th basis being 12th commerce passed?
  17. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  18. What should I do to join Corporate if completed 3 years Computer Science Diploma course on 10th basis?
27th March 2016, 06:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exams being a Diploma Computer student on 10th basis?

As you have completed 12th Class, you can apply for UPSC Examinations which need 12th Class as basic educational qualification. Else, you cannot apply for other UPSC Examination which require Graduation as minimum qualification. Remember Diploma is not equivalent to Graduation. UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is an examination conducting agency which conducts several recruitment examinations for some of which 12th Class is needed and for some of which Graduation is required.

Examinations conducted by UPSC:

>> Civil Services Preliminary and Mains Examination
>> Indian Forest Service Examination
>> Geologist Examination
>> Combined Defence Service Examination
>> National Defence Academy and Naval Academy
>> Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination
>> Engineering Services Examination
>> Indian Economic Service Examination
>> Central Police Forces

As you have completed 12th Class you can apply for only 2 exams which are SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) Recruitment and NDA (National Defence Academy) on the basis of 12th Class and you cannot apply for any examination on the basis of Diploma.
27th March 2016, 08:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exams being a Diploma Computer student on 10th basis?

To be eligible to apply for UPSC examinations, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of Bachelor's degree course or equivalent from a recognised university. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from any recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. So, if you are interested to apply for any other examinations other than NDA examination, you must have obtained Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
27th March 2016, 08:44 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, if you have pursue 10+2 from any recognised board, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that. the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination detail visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.

To appear for other examination conducted by UPSC minimum required qualification is graduation degree from any recognised university.
27th March 2016, 08:49 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, if you have pursue 10+2 from any recognised board, you are eligible to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that. the candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination detail visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.

To appear for other examination conducted by UPSC minimum required qualification is graduation degree from any recognised university.
28th March 2016, 03:58 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can very much appear for UPSC examination after completion of your 12th examination and not on the basis of your diploma course. However, you should start your preparation at the earliest as cracking UPSC examination is not a matter of joke.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?