28th January 2014, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I do AMIE having Diploma in Mechanical stream?

Dear sir,
I have done diploma in mechanical stream from non recognized institute.Can i do amie
I did this diploma in 2005.
tks
CHANDAN KUMAR

4th March 2014, 10:40 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do AMIE having Diploma in Mechanical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
I have done diploma in mechanical stream from non recognized institute.Can i do amie
I did this diploma in 2005.
tks
CHANDAN KUMAR
Hey friend,

AMIE stands for Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers and this is an engineering degree which is equivalent to B.Tech. Successful completion of AMIE enables you get equal opportunities for job and higher education in Govt, and private sectors just like a B.Tech holder.

As you have mentioned that you are Diploma completed candidate in Mechanical stream,you are eligible for applying for the AMIE as per the Education qualification which is needed.

The Education qualification needed for the AMIE for Diploma candidates states that the candidate should have completed a Diploma in 3 year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent, in any branch of engineering and there is no marks restriction.And you are satisfying the Education qualification needed for joining in AMIE.

You can apply for the AMIE any time in the year as it is open all time in the Year.There are 2 types of Non-corporate membership and they are:
  • Senior Technician membership
  • Technician membership.

>> If you passed 3 years in Engineering Diploma or equivalent, you may apply for Senior Technician membership,

>> Or if you have passed +2 or equivalent, then apply for Technician membership.

As you have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering you may apply for the Senior Technical Membership.And getting the Membership form you need to download it and you must attach the following with it and they are:
  • Two passport size photographs to be affixed on the application form.
  • Attested copy of certificate to prove your age
  • Attested copy of Higher Secondary/ Plus Two certificate
  • Attested copy of Final/Provisional certificate of 3 years Diploma.
  • Attested copy of Final Semester Marksheet of 3 years Diploma.
  • Membership Registration fee in the form of D.D.drawn in favour of
    'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?