15th December 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Complete information about AMIE course? Is AMIE better for diploma holder?

Hi Sir/Madam,

Please let me know about AMIE Course because i completed my Diploma in Electronics & Communication & am getting confusion next after diploma which course is Valuable......

AMIE Course is better after diploma and pvt tutorial is best for this course because at present am working in private company so.........

Please help me on this..........

24th December 2013, 10:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Complete information about AMIE course? Is AMIE better for diploma holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Madam,

Please let me know about AMIE Course because i completed my Diploma in Electronics & Communication & am getting confusion next after diploma which course is Valuable......

AMIE Course is better after diploma and pvt tutorial is best for this course because at present am working in private company so.........

Please help me on this..........
Hey friend,

DETAILS ABOUT AIME:

AIME is conducted by Institution of Engineers (IEI) and this degree is being recognized by Government of India.The are 2 types of process which are being held and they are:
  1. Technical
  2. Senior Technical

The Technical is conducted for candidates who have done their degree other than Diploma.And in the case of Senior Technical they can be joined by the candidate who has done their Diploma.

This is conducted twice every year, called Summer and Winter examinations, normally in May / June and November / December.

There are 2 sections namely Section A,Section B.

Section A is common to all.Subjects in Section A examination are:

Diploma Stream :
  • Material Science and Engineering
  • Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing
  • Computing and Informatics
  • Society and Environment

Non-Diploma Stream :
  • Mathematics I
  • Mathematics II
  • Engineering Drawing and Graphics
  • Electrical Science
  • Mechanical Science
  • Natural Science
  • Material Science and Processes
  • Fundamentals of Electronics and Instrumentation
  • Computer System and Data Analysis
  • Engineering, Environment and Society

SECTION B Subjects:

In the Section B the candidate has to choose any one of the Stream of Engineering and they are:
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Computer Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Communications Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Metallurgical and Material Science Engineering
  • Mining Engineering
  • Production Engineering
  • Textile Engineering

And coming back to the Eligibility criteria needed it is as follows:

>> A candidate who has completed 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent, in any branch of engineering is eligible

>> In the other case if a candidate has completed +2/HSC/PDC with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 45% aggregate is eligible..

As you have completed Diploma,you are eligible for applying,and yeah of course doing AIME course after Diploma is very useful.

ALL THE BEST
8th March 2014, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Complete information about AMIE course? Is AMIE better for diploma holder?

I am diploma holder in architectural assistantship. what i do a.m.i.e. with architecture & how i do it.
12th July 2014, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma holder in civil branch. I have been diploma pass from jodhpur national university college, jodhpur (raj). Can I do AMIE
12th March 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am jyoti,i want to know what is the maximum and minimum percentage required in diploma in machanical engg to do the course AMIE
17th April 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I am rahul I am doing diploma for distance education in mechanical engineering DO the course AMIE plz help me
18th April 2015, 10:41 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

As you completed Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering and also you working in private company, so it will best for You to do AMIE.

You can apply for ST( Senior Technician) in AMIE after completeing your diploma. The procedure to get admission in AMIE are given below.

1). To complete AMIE you to pass two section of AMIE, Section A and Section B.

2).Their are four Subject in Section A and nine subject in Section B.

3). Each Section have maximum 6 year duration to qualify.

4). First you to download and print a copy of ST/T form available at www.ieindia.org website.

5). After that you to fill the form and made a demand draft of Rs.5800/- in favor of " THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS(INDIA)" payable at KOLKATA.

6). After that you have to go your nearest IEI center with your all diploma certificate( original and one xerox copy of all document ) for attested and verification.

7). After that you have to send the demand draft and attested xerox copy of all documents at THE INSTITUTION OF ENGINEERS (INDIA ) , 8 Gokhale Road , Kolkata 700020. through speed post.

8). After your admission you have to pay Rs. 2000/- per exam in which you will want to appear.
23rd August 2015, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Akanksha Gupta doing diploma in c.s.&e.pleaseet me know that how can i get good jobs after it.what should i do after this..
25th December 2016, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am jyoti ranjan samal I want to know can a diploma lateral entry student can do AMIE course
25th April 2017, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I'm Swamy from bangalore, i have completed my diploma in Civil Engineering, but there is back logs. let me know i'm eligible to take course AMIE...?
8th June 2017, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

My name is ramesh and i have completed diploma in electronics engineering...i was planning to do amie...is this is a better option for me than doing btech through lateral entry exam.
2nd January 2020, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical diploma engineer. Can I do my AMEI in Chemical Engineering ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?