1st March 2018, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello sir, I am studying Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Cuttack. I am studying in 2nd year now and I will do B.Tech after my Diploma in same stream. So, I want to know that I can get admission in NIT college or not for B.Tech after my Diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E. Mechanical in Assam Engineering College or in NIT having completed Diploma after 12th basis?
  3. Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?
  4. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  5. Can I study BTech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How can I get admission to study BTech being a Diploma Mechanical holder?
  7. Mechanical or Civil, which is better to study in BTech after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. How can I get BTech admission in Abroad after completing Diploma Mechanical course? -- [New]
  10. How can I get admission in B.Tech from NIT Kurukshetra after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I get admission in NIT after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering form ATTC College?
  13. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  15. Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?
  16. Is there any way to get admission in Marine engineering for Mechanical engineering Diploma holder? What are the requirements?
  17. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  18. How to take admission in B.Tech in automobile engineering after completing diploma from Mechanical Engineering
12th March 2018, 09:06 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

First thing I would like to let you know that for pursuing B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from NIT ( National Institute of Technology ) one is required to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE once every year.

Further, diploma degree holders are eligible for appearing in JEE only for admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) so being a diploma in engineering degree holder you are not eligible for admission in NIT for pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree course unless you have completed your higher secondary school degree in PCM group and qualified JEE.
12th March 2018, 02:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study B.Tech in NIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma course.

You are eligible to appear for JEE but will be only eligible to get admission in IITs only after qualifying in both stages of examination.

If you want to get admission through lateral entry you can apply for state government colleges.
12th March 2018, 08:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't get admission in B.Tech course in NIT after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. NITs doesn't offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech course to Diploma holders. After completion of your Diploma course, you can apply for admission to B.Tech course in IIT by applying for JEE Main and Advance examination.
12th March 2018, 10:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NIT is National Institute of Technology and to get the admission in B.Tech course you have to appear and qualify in JEE Main examination.

But, diploma candidates are not eligible to get admission in the course.

So, you are not eligible for admission in NIT. You can appear for JEE and after qualifying in both Main and Advanced stage will become eligible to get admission in IIT.

There is no lateral entry in NIT or IIT. So, you are also not eligible to possible to get admission through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?