11th October 2017, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue DGO on the basis of BAMS?

Hi, I did BAMS. What is the procedure to get admission in DGO of Maharashtra college ? After BAMS, what is the fees structure? Which entrance exam for dgo in maharashtra? Plz tell [email protected].

11th October 2017, 05:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue DGO on the basis of BAMS?

No, for DGO course, you need to have MBBS degree from a MCI recognized medical college. BAMS graduates are only eligible for ayurveda related courses.

There are courses related to Ayurveda, which are available for BAMS graduates. You can go for such courses.
11th October 2017, 06:25 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you can not pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics on the basis of BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery).
In order to do Post Graduate Diploma in Gynecology and Obstetrics, a candidate must have studied MBBS course any board recognized by Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.Candidate also have completed 1 year of compulsory rotating internship.
Admission process generally varies from college to college, however most of the institutes offer admission to the eligible candidates for the aforesaid course on the basis of their performance is the various entrance tests such as NEET PG, JIPMER PG, AIIMS PG, etc.
In order to get the fee structure, I would suggest you to kindly contact the respective college as every college has it's own fee structure and without knowing the name of a particular college it is quite not possible to provide the fee structure of each and every college.
11th October 2017, 11:30 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required for pursuing DGO:

There is a certain educational qualification required for the pursuing DGO. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is as follows.

>> You must have completed MBBS course from a recognized university.

>> You must have completed 1 year of compulsory rotating internship in order to be eligible.

>> Basically this is a Diploma based course which can be done after completion of MBBS course.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to pursue DGO course with BAMS course as MBBS is compulsorily required.

>> The duration of the course is 2 year for this DGO course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?