27th April 2015, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Diploma CET to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma course?

Hello,
I am doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
and I want to change my stream to Electrical Engineering
in B.Tech through Diploma CET. Kindly tell me how I
apply for Diploma CET in this case?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do bachelor of engineering after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering? CET question papers for mechanical engineering?
  2. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  4. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  5. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  6. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  7. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  9. How can I study Aeronautical after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Diploma CET for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  12. Can I study B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering in Abroad after completing Diploma course?
  13. How to study marine engineering after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  14. Can I get admission to study B.E. in Robotics Engineering after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Can I apply for diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completing 12th commerce?
  16. How to study mechanical engineering through correspondence after completing diploma?
  17. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  18. Is it beneficial to study B.E. instead of getting job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
30th April 2015, 05:11 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Diploma CET to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma course?

I am sorry to tell you this but this is not possible.
If you are doing your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering then you will have to complete your B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering only.
The LET(Lateral Entry Test) that is organized for the Lateral Entry Program offers the corresponding B.Tech Degree.
The change in stream is not allowed in the Lateral Entry Program.
So you will have to complete your B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
So make sure that you have good Domain Knowledge as you will require it to when you go for your B.Tech.
30th April 2015, 11:33 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I apply for Diploma CET to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) after completing Mechanical Engineering Diploma course?

You are not allowed to change stream in B.tech as you completed diploma from different stream. You can only get admission in Mechanical Stream in B.Tech as you completed diploma through this trade.

If you really want to do this then you can get admission in B.tech in your desirable trade on the behalf of 12th standard. Thus you need to give an entrance test for that. After that you need to do online counselling for getting admission in any engineering college/university. Once you get seat in counselling then you just visit to college and claim your admission there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?