11th December 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Is direct M.Tech possible after Diploma once the college get affiliated by AICTE?

After complete diploma how can I join the Mtech programme? My diploma college is not approved by aicte or ugc but now it is going to be before I will complete my studies so no problem in it.

11th December 2013, 12:23 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Talking Re: Is direct M.Tech possible after Diploma once the college get affiliated by AICTE?

It is nice to see you aspiring for higher studies especially MTech rather than running for jobs and earning right after completion of your diploma course which has become a common trend of modern youth. As a result the number of applicants for higher studies is decreasing slowly and as a consequence of it, the teaching and research field has to face a great setback.

We are extremely sorry to state that it is not possible to go for M.Tech course right after completion of diploma course. In order to pursue M.Tech degree course you need to be a graduate having either Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology degree in the branch of engineering whose specialization you want to take up in your M.Tech course.

Hence you need to complete your B.Tech/BE degree course first and then will be eligible for M.Tech degree course. Since you are a diploma candidate so you can directly get admission in the second year of B.Tech/BE course through Lateral Entry scheme via Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). LEET exam is conducted every year by each state through which a diploma candidate can seek admission directly in the second of engineering in the recognized engineering institutes of the state. The admission is purely on the rank obtained in the LEET test. There are various private engineering institutes who also take admission on lateral entry basis via written exam conducted by the concerned institute.

The eligibility criterias of LEET are :-
→ You must have completed your diploma course.
→ You must have secured atleast 60% in your diploma course. For reserved categories the percentage is less. However the percentage criteria from state to state.

After completion of your B.Tech course, you can go for M.Tech course. You can get admission in various IITs and NITs for M.Tech course through GATE exam after your B.Tech course. Other private institutions conduct their own written exam for admission in MTech course.
20th February 2014, 09:51 AM
Sowmya449

Default Re: Is direct M.Tech possible after Diploma once the college get affiliated by AICTE?

We are very extremely sorry to say that it is not possible to go for M.Tech course right after completion of diploma course. In order to pursue M.Tech degree course you need to complete graduate in BE/ B.tech in which specialization you want to take up in your M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?