25th June 2017, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Which is a good option, polytechnic or class 12th?

I completed 10th now but confused what to do polytechnic or 11th -12th. I’m thinking to do engineering in mechanical/civil, is polytechnic good or I should do 12th first. Please help me to reach my goal. I want to become an IPS officer.

25th June 2017, 11:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is a good option, polytechnic or class 12th?

As your main is to become an IPS officer, you are required to pursue studies which are required for IPS officer recruitment. So, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IPS recruitment is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

As you are willing to do B.Tech in either Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, you can pursue B.Tech in two ways.

>> B.Tech after Diploma

>> B.Tech after 12th Class

In both the ways, you can pursue Bachelor of Technology course. The only difference between pursuing 12th Class and Diploma is, Core subjects are taught in Diploma whereas some common subjects are taught in 12th Class. If you are really interested in core studies, then I would suggest you to pursue Diploma course after 10th and then join B.Tech 2nd year through lateral entry scheme.
26th June 2017, 05:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed 10th now but confused what to do polytechnic or 11th -12th. I’m thinking to do engineering in mechanical/civil, is polytechnic good or I should do 12th first. Please help me to reach my goal. I want to become an IPS officer.

It is better to choose 12th than a polytechnic diploma course. Scope for the diploma holders are limited and the salary is also very low compared to the engineering candidates. Therefore, it is better to choose Class 12th and then pursue an engineering course. Job opportunities and salary for the engineering graduates are higher. It is easier to get admission into engineering after completion of 10+2 than a diploma. There are only a limited number of seats allocated for lateral entry students, so, it is better to choose 10+2 over diploma.
27th June 2017, 12:39 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your goal is IPS officer then you can do 12th standard from a recognized board. After completion of 12th standard, you can do graduation degree in any discipline. The minimum educational qualification for IPS exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

Otherwise you can do diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
27th June 2017, 09:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th standard from a recognised board, it is best to pursue your higher studies in Polytechnic course instead of pursuing 11th and 12th standard. You can gain more theoretical and practical knowledge by pursuing polytechnic course rather than pursuing 11th and 12th standard. You can also find good career and job opportunities after completion of your Diploma course. To be eligible to apply for an IPS examination, you shortly have to pursue Bachelor's degree course after completion of your Diploma course.
9th March 2021, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Which is best option after 12th ,polytechnic or any compition exam?
10th April 2021, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

To join government job after competition of 10th standard what I have to choose either polytechnic or 2
18th April 2021, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

is it easy to get the lateral entry to B Tech,after a ploytechnic course or more scopes of seat throughintermediate and eamcet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?