14th July 2023, 03:20 AM
Unregistered

I am doing diploma in mechanical branch, can i am able to do B.tech from IIT after completing polytechnic?

I am doing diploma in mechanical branch, can i am able to do B.tech from IIT after completing polytechnic?

17th July 2023, 05:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am doing diploma in mechanical branch, can i am able to do B.tech from IIT after completing polytechnic?

Yes, you can do B.Tech from IIT after completing a diploma in mechanical engineering.

There are a few different ways to do this.

One way is to apply for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains exam. This exam is a gateway to admission to many engineering colleges in India, including the IITs. If you score well enough on the JEE Mains exam, you will be eligible to apply for B.Tech programs at the IITs.

Another way to do B.Tech from IIT after completing a diploma in mechanical engineering is to apply for the Lateral Entry scheme. This scheme allows students who have already completed a diploma in engineering to apply for admission to the second year of B.Tech programs at the IITs. To be eligible for the Lateral Entry scheme, you must have a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized institute and you must have scored at least 60% in your diploma exams.

Finally, you can also do B.Tech from IIT after completing a diploma in mechanical engineering by applying for a Direct Admission scheme. These schemes are offered by some IITs and they allow students who have already completed a diploma in engineering to apply for admission to B.Tech programs directly in the third year. To be eligible for a Direct Admission scheme, you must have a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized institute and you must have scored at least 75% in your diploma exams.

The specific eligibility requirements for each of these schemes may vary from IIT to IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?