7th June 2022, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

I want to pursue the course of PGDM in tourism. Is it equivalent to MBA?

I want to pursue the course of PGDM in tourism. Is it equivalent to MBA?

11th June 2022, 11:57 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I want to pursue the course of PGDM in tourism. Is it equivalent to MBA?

You can pursue the course of Post Graduate Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management. The educational qualification required for this course is a candidate must have completed a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Some institutes conduct entrance examinations for admission which you can check before applying. The minimum score and the admission process may vary from institute to institute.

Yes, it is equivalent to MBA in industry and the only difference in both the course is MBA is a degree course and PGDM is a diploma course. An MBA program is offered by a government or private university or a college affiliated with a university that comes under the University Grants Commission (UGC). A PGDM program is offered by AICTE recognized which comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).
12th June 2022, 02:21 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I want to pursue the course of PGDM in tourism. Is it equivalent to MBA?

PGDM is equivalent to MBA only if it's approved by AIU .
There is no difference between PGDM and MBA.
They are more or less same management degree courses offered under different tag by different institutions.
If the college from which one is planning g to complete the course is not in AIU approved institution list , then its not equivalent to MBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?