7th June 2022, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Final year PGDM student can do MCA?

I have done BCA & now I am in final year of PGDM so can i do MCA? please tell me detail.

10th June 2022, 07:30 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Final year PGDM student can do MCA?

Yes, Final year PGDM student can do MCA.

The eligibility criteria for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is that:-

1) The candidate must have passed Graduation in BCA or equivalent from a recognized board.

2) The candidate must have acquired a minimum aggregate of 60% in the qualifying examination.

Note:- The candidates who are in their final year of degree can also apply for admission.
11th June 2022, 10:17 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do MCA after completing your PGDM course. The minimum educational qualification required is that a candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in computer science or computer applications with a minimum score of 50% in aggregate from a recognized university. A candidate must have mathematics in class 12th as one of the subjects. Admission to this course is mainly done on the basis of entrance examination however some colleges offer admission on the basis of merit in their qualifying examination that is graduation.

The minimum score and the admission process may vary from college to college which you can check before applying.
12th June 2022, 02:27 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For being eligible for MCA, you must have completed graduation course with atleast 60% marks from a recognised university

Maths/statistics should be one of the subject in 12th or graduation

Those who are in their final year and are about to complete are also eligible , provided they have got their result and if the college asks regarding the result , the candidate is in a position to present the same.
Admission is granted both on merit basis as well as entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?