2nd January 2015, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Whether MBA and PGDM is equivalent?

Hello Sir
I am very confuse when come to know that
IIM gives pgdm certificate not mba certificate.
I want to know that pgdm and mba value is equal?
please do the needful the same and oblige me..
Sincerely Thanks ,
sudhir kumar

3rd January 2015, 03:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether MBA and PGDM is equivalent?

MBA and PGDM are both management courses.

The only difference is the approach to it's curriculum.

Key differences between MBA and PGDM:

MBA is a degree course, whereas PGDM is a Diploma course.

MBA gives more focus on syllabus framed by the University whereas PGDM has more focus on the current industrial and requirements.

MBA is offered by Universities and colleges affiliated to Universities PGDM is offered by an independent Institution.

People who are interested in the corporate world or want to be an entrepreneur, should go for a PGDM course.

Both MBA and PGDM degree holders can choose a career in any sectors like;

. Industrial

. Education

. Banking

. Marketing

. Finance

. HR

. Logistics, etc.

You don't have to worry about if you are doing a PGDM course as both the degree has its own significance and its own worth.

So, it doesn't matter if you have taken up PGDM, you just need to study well throughout the course and surely you will come up with something good.
13th April 2015, 11:16 PM
kunalroy89

PGDM is not equivalent of MBA. MBA is a complete Post Graduate or Masters course.
Whereas PGDM is post Graduate diploma and is apparently a degree between Graduation and Post Graduation.
But MBA can be offered only by those colleges which are affiliated to some University. Whereas IIMs being autonomous bodies cannot offer MBA.
But there is nothing to be worried about .
Even though PGDM is not a complete Masters course but if you get PGDM from any of the IIMs,it is almost above par than any MBA from other universities.
Do not think about IIMs PGDM course as inferior to any MBA,not even in your dreams.
15th April 2015, 10:10 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

There are some big differences between PGDM and MBA because both are not related to each other but somewhat related to and details are following :

MBA - Master's of Business Administration is a complete post graduate degree that can be acquired only after completion of a bachelor's degree.

PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management not a degree it is just a diploma course not a degree and degree matters must.

MBA is generally offered by universities and other colleges/ institutes which are recognized or affiliated to some reputed universities established in India by rules of the government.

PGDM is offered by some autonomous institutes which has the write to create and publish their own syllabus, curriculum of the course and examination pattern whereas MBA course depends on the syllabus decided by the university and once decided syllabus runs for years and years.

On the other hand in PGDM, syllabus and other necessary things are updated as per the requirement of the world means PGDM provides a course currently needed to the world in corporate, business and other sectors.

PGDM course gives latest technical and managerial education whereas MBA gives old pattern education of the universities therefore candidates must choose up to date syllabus and courses running by some institutions.

You are right that IIM gives PGDM certificate not MBA because IIM provides updated education so you must go for PGDM if you want to make your career better in business administration and corporate field.

Now answer of your question Is PGDM equal to MBA ? so I would say that I have clarified that PGDM is just a Diploma not a degree that is why it is not equal to MBA degree but now a days, companies and other government recruitment bodies also keeps PGDM as an option against MBA so it is not equal but somewhat better and you should go for PGDM.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?