27th December 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Master or diploma degree in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation?

I ask about admission in post graduate medical study (master or diploma degree ) in physical medicine & rehabilitation, please full details,with thanks.

5th January 2014, 09:47 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Master or diploma degree in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation?

As you have not clearly said what you want to do and what you have already done so it isn quite difficult to answer your question but still I will try my best to answer your query.

So As you have said that you want to take admission in Master degree OR diploma so basically Master degree is of 3 years course and if anyone want to take admission in the master degree then he or she must have the minimum qualification of the Graduation in any stream as stream is not matter.

But in your case you are from medical background so you can go with any medical master degree if you have already done any degree in medical field.

Now talking about the Diploma so it is also good for graduate students. As Post graduate diploma is of 2 years and you can save your 1 year.

Scopes of both diploma students and degree students are same if we talks in the post graduate diploma and post graduate degree.

It will different in the case of graduate degree and diploma after the 10th Class.

So according to me its better to take admission in the post graduate degree course instead of doing diploma.

It will adds a valuable degree in your resume.
5th January 2014, 10:02 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a field of physiotherapy and medicine which have less scope in India since it is in its infant stage but is expected to have a large scope in future. This is because people are getting more and more health conscious and the medical field is gradually developing. Although there are very few institutes that offer post graduate course in this field yet you can undertake Physiotherapy where you can study this field.

You can undertake post graduate course in ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION located in Haji Ali, K. Khadye Marg,Mahalaxmi,Mumbai, Maharashtra,India - 400034.
Tel:+91-22-23544341,91-22-23544332,91-22-23515765,91-22-23545358,Fax:91-22-23532737

POST GRADUATE COURSES
MD (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) -3 years course
Course commences in June
Eligibility Qualification:-M.B.B.S. and as per guidelines of MUHS,Nashik

Diplomate of National Board (DNB) in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
-3 years course
Course commences in January
Eligibility Criteria-M.B.B.S. &NBE- CET

Diploma in Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) 1 year course
-Courses commences from September
Eligibility Criteria-BPTh with 6 month compulsory Internship

Diploma in Rehabilitation (Occupational Therapy)-1 year course
-Courses commences from September
Eligibility Criteria-BOTh with 6 month compulsory Internship
13th January 2015, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

i have done 10 2 with biology and doing graduation with english.is there any short course in medical line for me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?