26th November 2016, 09:51 AM
lakshay1111

Is it necessary to to have an ITI degree to become a Loco Pilot?

Respected Sir, I am Lakshay, I am doing my 12th right now (Science stream) and after completing it I want to become a Loco Pilot. So I want to know is it necessary to have ITI or Diploma for 12th pass out? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th November 2016, 08:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to to have an ITI degree to become a Loco Pilot?

No, it is not necessary to have an ITI degree to become a Loco Pilot. To be eligible to apply for Loco Pilot post, you should have passed 10th standard and ITI or Diploma in Engineering course from a recognised board. You should be at least 18 years old and not more than 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
28th November 2016, 09:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need some technical diploma along with your schooling to become eligible for loco pilot exam. ITI or any diploma in engineering stream is definitely required for it.

Also, age should be between 18 to 30 years. There will be written exam and physical fitness test before selection.
28th November 2016, 11:20 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, in order to become a loco pilot you must possess an ITI degree, whether it is after 10th or after 12th. You must complete ITI course in any specific trade or if you have a diploma degree in the field of mechanical/automobile/electrical/electronics then also you are eligible to apply for this position.

You have to appear for the RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) examination and for that you must have completed 10th standard with ITI degree (12th standard candidates can also apply). Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years and for reserved category candidates the age is relaxed by 5 years.
18th March 2020, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I am persuing bcom degree right now and I want to apply for logo pilot.
Is it possible that I can become a lock pilot after completion of my degree?
Is it not possible that without ITI degree I can become a loco
pilot?
3rd September 2020, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I have perusing BSCIT degree right now and I want to apply for loco pilot .Is it possible to become a loco pilot after the completion of my degree? And without any ITI trade,can I apply for a loco pilot ?.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?