27th December 2013, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

PG Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition as distance education in Kerala?

I am an MSW graduate specialized in Medical and Psychaitry. I have ardent desire to take PG Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition as distance education in Kerala. Shall I take the diploma even in the background of Social Work?

Related Questions:
  1. What courses shall I join after completion of 12th class to become a Dietitian?
  2. Details about MSc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics by Kerala University Distance Education
  3. How to make my career in dietetics and nutrition? I am a BSc Yoga and Nutrition from TGOU
  4. How to study MSc in Nutrition and Dietetics through distance education?
  5. Can I do Ph.D in Nutrition after doing PG diploma in dietetics and nutrition from VLCC institute after B.Com
  6. Which subjects to choose in 11th and 12th? I have just passed 10th
  7. Which college offering PG diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics through distance mode?
  8. How to do MSc in nutrition and dietetics in distance education?
  9. Institutes in India to pursue MSc Nutrition correspondence course?
  10. How can I study MSc Nutrition and Dietetics through distance mode? What is the eligibility criteria for MBBS?
  11. Colleges in Chennai offering MSc Nutrition and Dietetics or Diploma in Dietetics?
  12. Am i eligible for Kerala PSC examination after my diploma in mechanical engineering through distance education?
  13. Information about correspondence courses of PG diploma applied nutrition and dietetics and diploma courses based in BSc Home Science?
  14. M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics after B.Sc with Bio-technology, microbiology and chemistry? Scope and good colleges in Hyderabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What should I do to be eligible for lecturership in government colleges?
  16. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Nutrition and Dietetics Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. How can I do civil engineering diploma as distance education
  18. How to pursue MSc Nutrition through distance education? I am a graduate in App Nutrition
5th January 2014, 02:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition as distance education in Kerala?

With the people getting more and more health conscious, the demand of the field Dietetics and Nutrition is increasing tremendously. Now more and more people are trying to maintain a good diet to ensure proper body structure as well as good health through a diet full of essential nutrients. This has boosted the requirement of professional in the field of Dietetics and Nutrition. It is nice to see your interest in this field. You can definitely take courses in this field since this will not only help you in your professional life but also in your personal life. Even this can act as your part time or side business where you can give advice to people in this field.

There is only one institute in Kerala that offers post graduate diploma course in this field. However it does not offer Distance Learning. It is full time course of one year. But if you want to pursue Distance course in this field, you can go for other institutes. The institute in Kerala is St Teresa's College, Kerala .

Other institutes are as follows:-
-Netaji Subhash Institute, Kurla West, Mumbai
-Manav Rachna International University - Faculty of Applied Science, Faridabad
-VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health and Management, Navi Mumbai
-CREO Health Institute (CREO Zenith Health), Noida
-Khalsa College Amritsar, Amritsar
-S.S. Institute Of Medical Sciences Management Technology & Research, Agra
-Allahabad Agricultural Instiute (Deemed University) Distance Education, Allahabad
5th January 2014, 02:04 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: PG Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition as distance education in Kerala?

With the people getting more and more health conscious, the demand of the field Dietetics and Nutrition is increasing tremendously. Now more and more people are trying to maintain a good diet to ensure proper body structure as well as good health through a diet full of essential nutrients. This has boosted the requirement of professional in the field of Dietetics and Nutrition. It is nice to see your interest in this field. You can definitely take courses in this field since this will not only help you in your professional life but also in your personal life. Even this can act as your part time or side business where you can give advice to people in this field.

There is only one institute in Kerala that offers post graduate diploma course in this field. However it does not offer Distance Learning. It is full time course of one year. But if you want to pursue Distance course in this field, you can go for other institutes. The institute in Kerala is St Teresa's College, Kerala .

Other institutes are as follows:-
-Netaji Subhash Institute, Kurla West, Mumbai
-Manav Rachna International University - Faculty of Applied Science, Faridabad
-VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health and Management, Navi Mumbai
-CREO Health Institute (CREO Zenith Health), Noida
-Khalsa College Amritsar, Amritsar
-S.S. Institute Of Medical Sciences Management Technology & Research, Agra
-Allahabad Agricultural Instiute (Deemed University) Distance Education, Allahabad
5th January 2014, 05:00 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

It is good to do diploma PG diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition course. It has good scopes and have bright future. As you have done MSW graduate in Medical and Psychiatry then it is best to do PG diploma. But i think instead of diploma you should do degree it is more beneficial for your career and for your future.

After that you can apply for many jobs in this field. There are many scopes related to this field.
And as you want to do PG diploma through the distance education from kerala then it is good but if you should do regular degree then it is best for your career otherwise i think it is not more beneficial for your career.

And there are also many other degree courses after the MSW. And as you want to do Pg diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition then you should carry on.

And if you want to do job with the PG Diploma then it is best to do diploma through the distance education. There are so many colleges or universities which provide the distance education.

So, you can also apply for the universities which provide the distance education. Symbosis and Manipal universities are the best universities for the distance education.
25th January 2017, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

I have graduate B.A in Home Science but i want to do a PG Diploma in Food and Nutrition in Distance mood so how can I do and where. Please help me because i am not from Science background.
23rd July 2017, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I want PG Diploma Dietics & Nutrition distance course, please send distance college details.
27th August 2017, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

I want to study PG diploma in dietitian through distance education. I have Bsc home science (calicut university )first class.I have 41 year old.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?