25th February 2018, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Sir, I have got admission in Mechanical Engineering in my Diploma course. I wanted Electrical but I haven’t got it. So, I would like to know that after my Diploma can I choose to study Electrical Engineering in B.Tech.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  3. Possibility to study B.E. in Sound Engineering for Mechanical student?
  4. Possibility to study AMIE Civil for Mechanical Diploma holder?
  5. Possibility to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  6. Possibility to get government job for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  7. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  8. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  9. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student? -- [New]
  11. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  12. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for ITI Mechanical Draughtsman? List of colleges?
  13. Possibility to study B.Tech in Mechanical engineering after Diploma in Marine engineering? Where should I go for it?
  14. Possibility to study M.Tech(Marine Engineering) for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  15. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  16. Possibility to pursue Diploma in Instrumentation & Control Engineering through Distance Education for Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate who has secured 45% in 10th?
  18. Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineering student study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of it?
5th March 2018, 10:10 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

I am very sorry to say that you cannot opt for B.Tech degree course in Electrical Engineering after the completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering as you are not eligible for it. Since you have opted Diploma course in Mechanical stream, you will be eligible to opt for the B.E or B.Tech degree course in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry process.
5th March 2018, 10:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

No, you are not eligible to study B.Tech Electrical Engineering course after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering course are eligible to pursue B.Tech Electrical Engineering course. So, being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering and not for B.Tech Electrical Engineering course.
6th March 2018, 09:17 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing diploma in mechanical engineering course, you can opt for higher studies like B.Tech electrical engineering. There is a possibility to get direct admission in the 2nd year of the bachelor's degree course through lateral entry. Most of the colleges conduct a lateral entry examination to select the eligible candidates for admission. Hence, if you clear the lateral entry examination, then you will be able to study electrical engineering course.
7th March 2018, 12:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have got admission in Mechanical Engineering in my Diploma course. I wanted Electrical but I haven’t got it. So, I would like to know that after my Diploma can I choose to study Electrical Engineering in B.Tech.

Generally, it is not advisable to change stream from mechanical engineering to electrical engineering. It is possible to study BTech Electrical Engineering in some colleges after completion of the Diploma in Mechanical engineering. Candidates are admitted to the second year of the BTech course (through lateral entry admission), so the duration of the course is only three years for the diploma completed students. Some of the colleges offering BTech Electrical Engineering through lateral entry are given below:

Manipal Institute of Technology - Official Website

Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies - Official Website

DIT University - Official Website
7th March 2018, 07:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There are three methods to do B.Tech after diploma:-

One is lateral entry which is offering you directly second year after qualifying entrance exam.

Secondly join in part time colleges which offers night college or part-time.

Thirdly you can get seat in a day colleges write entrance exam generally along with intermediate students.
7th March 2018, 08:44 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

AS far as my best knowledge is concerned, its not possible for you to pursue B.Tech in Electrical Engineering after successful completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course.

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for pursuing this B.Tech in Electrical Engineering course.

>> Candidates must have completed their Diploma course in the same stream in which candidates are willing to pursue their Bachelor's degree.

>> Hence, candidates from Diploma in Electrical Engineering are eligible to pursue this B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. So as far as my best knowledge is concerned you cannot pursue this course in other stream after completion of Diploma course in some other stream.

>> Hence, I suggest you to pursue in the same stream so that you will be finding better job opportunities after completion of studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?