2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to apply for B.Tech EEE if I have completed diploma in ECE branch?

Sir/Mam,

Is it possible for me to apply for B.Tech EEE if I have completed diploma in ECE branch? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thank you!

2nd September 2015, 05:27 PM
dinesh the king

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for B.Tech EEE if I have completed diploma in ECE branch?

There will be two answers for you regarding this i.e,yes and no
if you wish to do you can.
Actually diploma holders can directly enter into second year of B.Tech by qualifying ECET,LEET,etc,
But if you want to change the group you have to start from the first year.coming to the point,if you are really interested in ECE then my suggestion is to go for it because nothing can be more than self-satisfaction
2nd September 2015, 06:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for B.Tech EEE if I have completed diploma in ECE branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Is it possible for me to apply for B.Tech EEE if I have completed diploma in ECE branch? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for the same? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thank you!
You have completed diploma in ECE so you are eligible for B.Tech course in EEE through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
2nd September 2015, 09:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to pursue B.Tech course in EEE stream after completion of your three years Diploma course in ECE stream. Candidates who have completed Diploma course in ECE stream can pursue B.Tech course only in ECE stream but, it is not possible to pursue B.Tech EEE course after completion of your three years Diploma course in ECE stream. You can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course by appearing and qualifying Lateral Entry examinations.
3rd September 2015, 01:24 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for B.Tech EEE after completing diploma in ECE branch.

Eligibility criteria :

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Diploma course in relevant subject from any recognised board/university.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% marks in qualifying course.
Age of candidate must be from 17 to 23 years.
11th September 2015, 09:37 PM
DSP@1

The courses which you are eligible to do in graduation after Diploma in ECE branch are as follows.

-Electronics and Communication Engineering,
-Computer Science and Engineering,
-Electronics & Control Systems Engineering,
-Information Technology,
-Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering,
-Electronics and Telematics.

These are the courses which you are eligible for.

As EEE is not mentioned above,you are not eligible for doing graduation in 'EEE' stream after doing Diploma in ECE stream.
15th September 2015, 01:27 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue the course of B.Tech in EEE after the completion of Diploma in ECE.
You need to have passed your Diploma course with an aggregate of 60% and if you have done that you need to clear the LET Examination.
Once you have cleared the LET Entrance Examination you will be eligible for the course of B.Tech in EEE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?