25th July 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Is there any exam which we need to give and pass? Can you please provide me the complete information which I have to follow for the same?

Awaiting to get the answer soon!

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical branch?
  3. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  4. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  6. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Mechanical Diploma? Best universities in these countries for Graduation? Procedure to get admission in these universities?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering form ATTC College?
  8. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  9. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. How to do diploma in NIT after completion of Class 10th?
  11. Lateral Entry in NIT through AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US, UK and Australia after completion of Diploma with Mechanical stream? List of universities offering this course in these countries?
  13. Can I change the stream to CSE or ECE if I have completed diploma with mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I get admission in NIT after completion of diploma course?
  15. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  17. Procedure to get lateral entry admission in NIT, Jalander after completion of Diploma course?
  18. Admission to B.Tech in 2nd year in NITs after Diploma in mechanical engineering?
26th July 2015, 10:20 AM
bambam04
Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Is there any exam which we need to give and pass? Can you please provide me the complete information which I have to follow for the same?

Awaiting to get the answer soon!
After completion of diploma in mechanical from any college you can get admission in B.Tech in some of college which offer lateral entry exam other wise not.
But in case of NIT, NIT only take admission in B.Tech from JEE Mains exam conducted by CBSE, There is no any chance for diploma holder to take admission in NIT, so I suggest you that apply for other government or private engineering college which offer lateral entry for B.Tech.
26th July 2015, 06:25 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, you can not apply for the admission in NIT on the basis of your diploma.

Because NIT does not offers lateral entry admission.

** To get admission in this institute you need to crack the "IIT JEE entrance examination" and then you will get admission in to the first year of degree program.

Following are some good colleges where you can apply:

** KIITS University,Orrissa.

** Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

** Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

** Punjab University,Chandigarh.

** Punjabi University,Patiala.

** Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

** SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur

** Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.
26th July 2015, 06:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT after completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognized board and those who have appeared and qualified JEE Main examination with good rank are eligible to get admission in NIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in NIT.
27th July 2015, 12:27 AM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

* No .
It is impossible for diploma students to get into NIT's.
NIT :- National Institute of Technology .
Eligibility criteria :-
* Successfully qualified JEE- mains with eligible rank .
Eligibility for JEE :-
* successful completion of 2 level with aggregate (65%).
* Actually In JEE mains , questions are regarding to syllabus of 2 level students.
* it is difficult for diploma students to crack JEE mains .
30th July 2015, 12:08 PM
arunpcst

Exclamation Re: Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

No , it is not possible to get admission in NIT college after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering. Because NIT colleges conduct special entrance exam to take admission .if you are interested to take admission in NIT college then you have to crack IIT or gate exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?