20th September 2015, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to take admission in to degree in I.I.T after completion of diploma course? Do we need to write any entrance exam for it?

Hi,

I am pursuing as a student of diploma in electronics and communication.and i am interested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf entrance exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  3. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
  4. Can I get admission in degree after completion of diploma in Maharashtra?
  5. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  6. How to get admission in IIT Bombay after completing Diploma?
  7. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  8. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  9. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  10. What is the procedure followed for getting diploma admission after completion of 10th with 85% marks?
  11. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  12. Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?
  13. Can I have eligibility for AIEEE and IIT Entrance exam after completing my Diploma course? Is diploma is a Bachelore Degree?
  14. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  15. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  16. Is it possible to go for diploma directly after completion of 9th standard?
  17. Can I give entrance exam of IIT after diploma in EC? Can I get direct 2nd year admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What is the admission procedure followed for getting Engineering course after completion of Diploma course?
20th September 2015, 11:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to take admission in to degree in I.I.T after completion of diploma course? Do we need to write any entrance exam for it?

No, it is not possible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main and Advance examinations. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
21st September 2015, 09:46 PM
Silent work
Member+

Default Re: Is it possible for me to take admission in to degree in I.I.T after completion of diploma course? Do we need to write any entrance exam for it?

No, it is not possible for me to take admission in to
degree in I.I.T after completion of diploma course.
I Diploma candidates cannot get admission in IIT but they are eligible for lateral entry in B.Tech.

Only 10+2 students are eligible for JEE exam conducted by IIT for B.Tech in IIT. Diploma is not equivalent to 10+2. So, it is impossible to get admitted in IIT after completion of diploma engineering course.
21st September 2015, 10:06 PM
DSP@1

I am sorry that you cannot get admission in IIT through Lateral entry.

To be eligible for IIT candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard or it's equivalent in MPC(Maths,Physics and Chemistry) stream.

As you have done Diploma in Electronics and Communication stream it will be not treated as 12th standard in MPC stream.

So you are not eligible fo doing graduation course in IIT. But you can do your graduation course in the university/college which will allow lateral entry.

After completing B.Tech course in such university/college you can go for PG course in IIT through 'GATE'.
21st September 2015, 11:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission in degree in IIT after completion of diploma course.
Candidate who have passed 12th class from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can apply for JEE Advanced examination in order to get admission in IIT.
Age of candidate must be from 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?