19th January 2014, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Procedure and fee details of AMIE?

Sir i am studying polytechnic in ap in eee i want to do amei but i dont have more econamical support please tell me the procedure and fee details please sir................

19th January 2014, 08:18 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and fee details of AMIE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am studying polytechnic in ap in eee i want to do amei but i dont have more econamical support please tell me the procedure and fee details please sir................
Hey friend,

First of all AMIE stands for Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers and this is an engineering degree which is equivalent to B.Tech and AMIE enables you get equal opportunities for job and higher education in Govt, and private sectors just like a B.Tech holder.

The Education qualification needed for the AMIE for Diploma candidates states that the candidate should have completed a Diploma in 3 year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent, in any branch of engineering and there is no marks restriction.

And for the candidates who has completed +2 from a recognized school board of education should have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as subjects with minimum 45% marks.

You can apply for the AMIE any time in the year as it is open all time in the Year.There are 2 types of Non-corporate membership and they are:
  • Senior Technician membership
  • Technician membership.

>> If you passed 3 years in Engineering Diploma or equivalent, you may apply for Senior Technician membership,

>> Or if you have passed +2 or equivalent, then apply for Technician membership.

As you have completed Diploma in Engineering you may apply for the Senior Technical Membership.And getting the Membership form you need to download it and you must attach the following with it and they are:
  • Two passport size photographs to be affixed on the application form.
  • Attested copy of certificate to prove your age
  • Attested copy of Higher Secondary/ Plus Two certificate
  • Attested copy of Final/Provisional certificate of 3 years Diploma.
  • Attested copy of Final Semester Marksheet of 3 years Diploma.
  • Membership Registration fee in the form of D.D.drawn in favour of
    'The Institution of Engineers (India)', Payable at Kolkata.

AMIE program is conducted in two different section: A and B. First section is common to all members. However, under second section, he or she has to choose a particular discipline. Both the examination are held twice a year, usually in June and December.

FEES:

# The candidate need to pay the fees and the fees that is to be paid includes the Institution Fees which is a compulsory and should be paid to The Institution of Engineers.

# The examination fees must be paid and the student has to submit application form for examination and the exam fees needed to be paid for
Examination fee in India is Rs 2000/-. If you choose an exam center abroad, exam fee is different.

# For a candidate who is Diploma the complete exam fees would come around Rs 8000 and for +2 completed candidates it is Rs 12,000.

# For Section A Registration it is Rs 5800 and examination fees is Rs.2000 and Section B Registration is Rs.4500,Laboratory fees is Rs.5000 and fee's for Provisional Appearance is Rs.1500 and this for India & Nepal.

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?