7th August 2019, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for an education loan to study BTech if has a family income of Rs. 5.5 Lacs per annum?

My father has an income of 5.5 lacs per annum. I am a BTech aspirant. I have studied my 12th and got a scholarship. But the amount wasn’t fulfill the the semester fee. I always got half of the semester fee amount through scholarship. But I don’t want to rely on scholarship in BTech. I want to take education loans. So, with this family income, I can apply for an education loan?

3rd July 2022, 12:47 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for an education loan to study BTech if has a family income of Rs. 5.5 Lacs per annum?

Yes one can apply education loan.
If you have got confirmed admission in a college , then you can apply for loan.
The amount of security depends on the amount of education loan.

For loans upto INR 4 lacs , there is no collateral security is required.

In case you take a loan above 7.5 lacs then you have to provide collateral security as well as third party gurantee.

The guarantor must have a reasonable monthly income.

There are also schemes of government for economically backward students for applying for an education loan.
If you meet the eligibility criteria , then you can also apply through these schemes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?