1st August 2014, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

How do minority ranks matter in our admission to medical colleges?

How do minority ranks matter in our admission to medical colleges?
Actually i am helpless.My people are responding to my querries on net very badly saying minority ranks are just.Can't explain what's the use.So plz anyone explain the way i can meke them understand.

Related Questions:
  1. Do I stand a chance to get admission through management quota of Minority Medical colleges of Hyderabad? What about getting Education Loan?
  2. Fee structure in private deemed and minority colleges? How government can help minority student to cover this fees? -- [New]
  3. List of institutes offering MBBS course after B. Pharmacy?
  4. How to go for counseling in Muslim Minority colleges like Deccan or Shadan Medical College
  5. In which colleges can I get after scoring 51000 rank? Which NITs can I get? Opening and closing ranks for different colleges? What all colleges can I get in and around AP? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I get admission in MSc chemistry after scoring 3468 rank? I am a student of Muslim Minority
  7. Getting MBBS seats through NEET in Maharashtra?
  8. Any bank will help me getting a loan for Medical studies?
  9. List of top engineering colleges in USA? Does the ranking matter much?
  10. Number of seats available for Minority girl child quota in medical colleges(in Hyderabad region)?
  11. What are the chances to get medical category A seat in minority college in Hyderabad? My EAMCET medical rank is 11780
  12. Procedure to get admission for MBBS through NRI Quota in Osmania University and in other Minority Colleges?
  13. Colleges in Mumbai and Pune in which I can get admission after scoring 73.44 percentile in MHT CET exam? Ranks and grade of the colleges?
  14. Can I get MBBS seat in Minority after scoring 5267 rank
  15. Admission process for seeking admission in Medical Colleges?
  16. How may I get the admission in colleges in Kerala? Can diploma students directly get admission with their ECET ranks?
  17. Do theory aggregate of PCB affect ranks in Medical entrance exams?
  18. Can I get medical seat in DR VRK medical college after scoring 4464 rank in EAMCET medical entrance test and minority rank of 410?
15th June 2016, 10:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How do minority ranks matter in our admission to medical colleges?

Minorities have a separate quota in every government institutes as well as many private universities. The admission will be done for those quota seats only. When the reserved seats are filled, the rest of the minorities will be treated as general category students. Taking an example to help you understand this scenario in a better way - Suppose an engineering institute has 100 seats. Certain percentage of the seats, say 40 will be reserved for the minorities. When the results of entrance exam will be published, the minority students will receive two ranks , one is general rank and another the rank in the minority. So if the minority rank is good, he/she can get admission with that rank against the reserved 40 seats. If the person does not get a seat in the 40 reserved seats, then his/her general rank will be considered for the remaining 60 seats.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?