16th January 2019, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to waive off under principal amount of SBI Education Loan for a Government Professor?

Hi friends, I have completed my MSc with an education loan taken by State Bank of India. After that, I joined PhD program and currently being a Professor of a reputed Government affiliated university. I just want to know that can I get waive off in the principal amount of the loan?

27th February 2023, 12:14 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: Possibility to waive off under principal amount of SBI Education Loan for a Government Professor?

As a government professor, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness or loan discharge under certain circumstances. However, this would depend on the specific policies of the lender, as well as any relevant government regulations or programs.

In the case of SBI, they may have specific loan forgiveness or loan discharge programs for certain types of borrowers, such as teachers or public servants. You may need to contact SBI directly to inquire about these programs and determine whether you are eligible.

It is also worth noting that loan forgiveness or discharge typically applies to the outstanding balance of the loan, rather than the principal amount. This means that you may still be required to repay a portion of the principal, even if the loan is forgiven or discharged.

In any case, it is recommended that you contact SBI directly to discuss your situation and determine what options may be available to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?