11th March 2012, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Is 10th class certificate enough to do Journalism? I am 17 years old

i am a 17 years old girl.i'm am in 1st year of intermediate.now i want to start studying journalism.so i would like to know if 10 class certificate is enough to do journalism.and i will also continue my inter 2nd year without going to college.i live in guntur.

28th March 2013, 10:28 AM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: Is 10th class certificate enough to do Journalism? I am 17 years old

Journalism

If you are wishing to became professional in journalism,then you should be graduate in journalism by holding (B.A) degree.

Beside this if you want to enter in Journalism field the minimum basic eligibility is 10th pass.So,you can enter in the field of journalism.
Note:High the qualifications greater the scope in your field.

You can chose Diploma or Degree.If you are wishing to chose Diploma it is 2 years course for which you have to apply for Mass Communication & Journalism.If you are wishing to (B.A) - Bachelor of Journalism it is 3 years course,After which you can apply for (M.A) - which is for 2 years.

31st March 2013, 09:04 PM
ela73

Default Re: Is 10th class certificate enough to do Journalism? I am 17 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a 17 years old girl.i'm am in 1st year of intermediate.now i want to start studying journalism.so i would like to know if 10 class certificate is enough to do journalism.and i will also continue my inter 2nd year without going to college.i live in guntur.
an info for aspiring journalist: a book info which will help u in this career/course: "Nuances of Journalistic Writings" by Raza Elahi (a sr journalist and author). the book is available at rs 126. email at [email protected] or see review http://www.mediahive.co.in/book_review.html

also read: Media Hive's Journalism & Mass Communication Entrance Exam Guide (Price: Rs 100; PDF format). email at [email protected]
22nd June 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i m 17 years old m doing engg after 10 bt now i want to do journalism can i get admission on any journalism course on the basis of my 10th marks or any other qualification is required
27th July 2013, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

I've passed 10th class in 2010 and then without doing inter,i am an engg student taking diploma in civil engg,and now i want to take admission for journalism course...is it posible?
7th October 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

After completing 10th I want To Join Journalism is it possible that without completing 1 2 can I take the admission In diploma??
18th May 2014, 09:22 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

No, you need to atleast write the class 12 or graduation level exam. You need to be a graduate and in some courses, you need to complete class 12 with 60 per cent score. Some institutes like IIMC also offers scholarship to the toppers. There is an explosion in context to communication technology and media across the globe. The younger generation has keen inclination towards the media sector. The fee structure comes around between Rs 50,000 to Rs 3 lakh annually.
Here are some institutes that are considered to be reputed in media sector.
Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia
Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi
Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication, Bhopal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?