1st July 2015, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of Date of Birth correction in 10th CBSE certificate after 3 years of result declaration?

Sir/Madam,
While admitting my son in class one municipality issued Birth Certificate. But in CBSE 10th certificate, issued wrong Date of Birth. Now is it possible to get the CBSE certificate corrected after 3 years of declaration of result?

2nd July 2015, 11:21 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of Date of Birth correction in 10th CBSE certificate after 3 years of result declaration?

No, you can't apply for the correction of Date of Birth in 10th CBSE certificate after 3 year of result declaration.
Candidate can only apply for correction of Date of Birth within 2 years.
You are not allowed to change your son's Date of Birth after 3 years as per CBSE guidelines.
2nd July 2015, 05:41 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility of Date of Birth correction in 10th CBSE certificate after 3 years of result declaration?

No my friend you are not allowed to request for correction of date of birth after 3 years of result declaration.

According to CBSE RULES:-

RULE 69.2 CHANGES IN BOARD’S CERTIFICATE – CHANGE/CORRECTION IN DATE OF BIRTH

AMENDED RULE 69.2(i): The application for correction in date of birth duly forwarded by the Head of school along with documents mentioned in Byelaws

69.2(ii) shall be entertained by the Board only within two years of the date of declaration of result of Class X examination. No correction whatsoever shall be made on application submitted after the said period of two years.
2nd July 2015, 06:02 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It has been quite a while after the issuance of 10th admit card. You should have however, opted for it before and should have submitted an application for it, as it is the boards fault and their liability to do the needful, but as you didn't notice it quite before, you can however see to it now and probably talk to the school authority or submit an application to change your DOB and I am sure they will do something regarding it.
3rd July 2015, 10:25 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hello

-> Dear friend, after 3 years it is not possible because according to rules of the board you can send it for correction within minimum 2 years time period.

->Except it,all you can do is submit an application in your school, i am sure they will definitely search an alternate for your problem.

all the best
9th September 2015, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Mam/sir
I passed out 10th in 2013 and change my date of birth that is posibe
28th September 2016, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the time duration of change in date of birth after passing out 10th class from CBSE
30th September 2016, 09:58 AM
Rohit5142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
While admitting my son in class one municipality issued Birth Certificate. But in CBSE 10th certificate, issued wrong Date of Birth. Now is it possible to get the CBSE certificate corrected after 3 years of declaration of result?
Sorry to disappoint you but now it is not possible to change the date of birth of your son because a lot of time had passed since the declaration of the result of your son. There is no way you can change the DOB.
6th October 2017, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I have pass class 10th this year (2017). My date of birth is incorrect.. So now would it be possible to correct it... And if its possible what documents are required. Kindly tell me
23rd February 2019, 11:59 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
To do the correction in your DOB after 3 years or more, you should seek the legal help.

--> Firstly send a legal notice to the Board and school for correction of Date of Birth

--> By any chance if they deny your request, then you can it only through a court order. For that you can file a complaint against a board that DOB was mistakenly entered and needs correction.

--> You need to produce the actual Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal authorities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?