17th June 2011, 11:05 AM
Gautam thekkepat

Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

I am doing biomedical engineering at SRM...I've got 82% in 10th and 65% in 12th with PCM(58.6) and PCB(70.6)...will this low PCM will affect my placement? Or they will look only the 65%? I got only 38 marks in 12th CBSE? Will that be a problem? Please answer I am very scared now.

Related Questions:
18th June 2011, 06:06 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

in placement for B.Tech requies above 65% in 10th and 12th exams . so need not scare for your 12th marks.
18th June 2011, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

Yes the percentage of 12th mark will be need at the time of Campus in college.There are some possibility will created when a low quality company will come in the campus.
GOOD BUY
18th June 2011, 12:56 PM

Smile Re: Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

Yes the percentage of 12th mark will be need at the time of Campus in college.There are some possibility will created when a low quality company will come in the campus.
GOOD BUY
18th June 2011, 03:41 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

Default Re: Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

hi friend,

for the recruitment in IT companies, they are asking minimum 60% percentage in 10th,12th,and in graduate degree,so nothing to be worry and nothing to be scared.

all the best
18th June 2011, 06:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam thekkepat View Post
I am doing biomedical engineering at SRM...I've got 82% in 10th and 65% in 12th with PCM(58.6) and PCB(70.6)...will this low PCM will affect my placement? Or they will look only the 65%? I got only 38 marks in 12th CBSE? Will that be a problem? Please answer I am very scared now.
your academic marks is so good so you are eligible for 99% companies.

most of the company want through out 60%.

they are not consider your PCM marks.

dont worry.

all the best.
18th June 2011, 06:57 PM
rinkygoyal

Hi,
Preference are always given to candidate having good academic background.

Maximum of company's recruitment are fulfilled by campusing and for that they set some minimum requirement for students for being eligible to appear for Campusing of the respective Company. And maximum companies demand for 60% aggregate in 12th and BE/B.Tech also. Strict regulation are there in this regard even a 1 59.9& would not be considered as 60 in round figure. Few very companies set there minimum campusing requirement below 60%.
bt u hav 65% ..dats not bad at all...because u satisfy the minimum criteria...

Do work hard and believe in yourself ,and maintain your quality instead of increasing the quantity level .IF YOU SCORE REALLY WELL IN YOUR FINAL YEAR.AT LEAST BETTER THAN 12TH .
IT SHOWS THE SIGN OF PROGRESS.
AND AN INTERVIEWER WHILE JUDGING A CANDIDATE WILL ALWAYS APPRECIATE THE PROGRESS MORE THAN THE FAILURE.
DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR 12TH RESULTS.
18th June 2011, 11:00 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Eligible criteria i.e 12th % depends the exam you writing for campus selection..

for example WIPRO

Eligibility

1. Fulltime BE / BTech/ MCA
2. Candidate must have a minimum of 60% aggregate from all years/semesters in your degree.
3. Candidate must have a minimum of 60% aggregate in 10th and 12th.
4. B.E./B.Tech/MCA should be full time ONLY.
5. No backlogs or arrears allowed.

but i may vary from university to university but above is the general criteria for WIPRO...

AND for Satyam

Eligibility
Candidate should be a BE/ Btech (CS / IT / EEE / E&C) / MCA / B.Sc / BCA with Consistent first Class i.e 60%
Correspondence / Distance education programs are not being considered

so you can see for most of the MNC they are considering 60% in 12th class...
But since you cannot do anything with that better put hardwork on b.tech..
18th June 2011, 11:10 PM
dhani12345

Post Re: Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?

Dear Friend,
There are many companies start with 12th criteria.

So, if you have less percentage in 12th then you have to face some problem in campus recruitment process.

Ok..

Good Luck!!!
18th June 2011, 11:15 PM
venkatgct

Quote:

friend,

As ur studying in bio medical engg, i would suggest u to view the GSK company's website, career option..

there is no reference to the percentage scored in ur 10 or in ur 12th grades...

u will simply hav to perfom well in the placement exams and the HR interview....

they will look at ur quality now and not during ur 12th standard.. so gain confidence and work hard..

regards...
18th June 2011, 11:18 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Be relaxed.
In campus placement your 10+2 marks are checked.
But they check your aggregate score and not your score in each subject nor your score in PCB or PCM or any such combinations.
You will be required to maintain a score of 60% throughout in 10th , 10+2 & in your degree too(only aggregate).
Also take care that you dont get a backlog in any semester/year as it will also cause your rejection in campus placement.
So study well & properly without any tension & panic.
18th June 2011, 11:35 PM
raja badam

you must have more than 60% in 12th standard. you are not eligible for well known company. bust some times the procedure criteria changes depending on situations.in that may be benefit for you .so think in positive way and hope on your self .
all the best for you..
19th June 2011, 12:07 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
yes there is some problem in campus
because most of company require 60% through out the career
so you do not mention your 12th percentage
if you already admission in B.TECH
do not worry if non-career company comes you seat
after you go to the walk in that's procedure you get the job easily.........
19th June 2011, 02:38 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Placement will be based on your performance in your engineering. 12th class marks does not make any difference in your placement.

Please do best for your forthcoming exam. All the best.

Regards,

Ramjash
19th June 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I have same problem as above have scored 59.40% in 12th.
I would like to know is dropping an year and giving improvement exam a better option for studying in B.Tech to get a good placement in future or my best performance in B.Tech and overall presentation can make a difference for my placement in big companies or MNC's ?
19th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as you have mention that you have secured 65% marks in your 12th... so i think you will not face any problem at the time of your campusing... the criteria is you must have 60% marks in your career.. so, don't worry you will not have any problem ....
all the best...
19th June 2011, 11:32 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
as you have mention that you have secured 65% marks in your 12th... so i think you will not face any problem at the time of your campusing... the criteria is you must have 60% marks in your career.. so, don't worry you will not have any problem ....
all the best...
20th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Stallion16

During campus recruitment,each company has its own norms for selecting a candidate, as you have 65%,it is not at all a problem. The companies will test your aptitude and the way you answer to the questions in the interview.
Though who have got high marks in 12th need not be recruited by the companies if they had not performed well in aptitude test and interview,so it all depends on the aptitude test and interview.
14th July 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I have secured 69 % marks in my 12th board and 81% marks in the 10th board . so will I be elligible for the criteria of the campus companies after completing my B.E ?
20th July 2011, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

i hav scored only 48% marks in class 12th .so in how many mnc i am eligible to apply after my mca degree with cgpa 7.3.
6th August 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have secured below 60% in my 12th class, so can i withdraw once again my 12th class . right now i am doing BCA will my 12th marks creat a problem during my campus selection ,so pls help what shall i do now?
11th August 2011, 06:24 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

hi.
frinds.
your academic marks is so good so you are eligible for 99% companies.

most of the company want through out 60%.

they are not consider your PCM marks.

dont worry.

all the best.
13th August 2011, 12:56 AM
btcs11

do not worry my friend during placements your individual subject marks will not play role you provide them with only resume in which you will have only your aggregate marks in 10th 12th and UG.
so dont get scared about you individual marks it will not affect your placements.
most companies ask for 65% minimum only so you will be eligible to most of the companies.
all the best
13th August 2011, 01:00 AM
btcs11

do not worry my friend during placements your individual subject marks will not play role you provide them with only resume in which you will have only your aggregate marks in 10th 12th and UG.
so dont get scared about you individual marks it will not affect your placements.
most companies ask for 65% minimum only so you will be eligible to most of the companies.
all the best
13th August 2011, 12:03 PM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Yes 12th percentage does affect your career.Because most of the companies recruit those candidates who have secured 60% aggregate marks through out their career.But as you've done well in your graduation it'll not affect your chances in case of any govt. job or banking jobs.
13th August 2011, 03:26 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Quote:
Originally Posted by dineshpandiyan View Post
in placement for B.Tech requies above 65% in 10th and 12th exams . so need not scare for your 12th marks.
Yes this is the fact the company which come in the campus for selection. They generally assessment all your past educational record also and according to that they fix salary, its also fact that for placement of B.Tech minimum percentage should be 65 but the other side employer check past record also mean to say 10th marks, +2 marks and then consider about the salary and selection.
13th August 2011, 04:40 PM
Sehwag6

ya 12th percentage is important for campus

many companies require 60% in 12th and throughout the career.
2nd September 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.tech in mechanical with 65 percent marks. but my 12th percentage pus placement51 . what i can do for campus placement
16th September 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

sir my dream is to be work in infosys.. but the thing is my 12th maks is too less i got only 50%:-(
now i'm in 7th sem B.E with aggregate 69% is am able to attend campus placement???
6th October 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

i am bharath & my 10th is 78% 12th is 54% & B.E(ISE) is 65% can i get placement in good companies,which are the companies can i get eligibility.............;
please reply...
15th February 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Low percentage of 12th but in b.tech above 70% what can i do.
19th March 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,
my overall percentage in 10th is 78.4% and in 12th is 67.2%.In class 12th pcm my aggregate is 59.3 %.
pls clarify that in campus interview...they consider 65% aggregate of 10th -12th PCM or aggregate of all the subjects ???
21st April 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have scored 79% in 10th and 54% in 12th...can i get through good placements after b.tech..(Abhijit kumar pandia)
30th April 2012, 11:31 PM
Krish1111

hi
companies demand for 60% aggregate in 12th and BE/B.Tech also. Strict regulation are there in this regard even a 1 59.9& would not be considered as 60 in round figure. Few very companies set there minimum campusing requirement below 60% Fulltime BE / BTech
Candidate must have a minimum of 60% aggregate from all years/semesters in your degree Candidate must have a minimum of 60% aggregate in 10th and 12th.
B.E./B.Tech should be full time ONLY.
No backlogs or arrears allowed
all the best,,
2nd May 2012, 02:54 PM
monisha_sarabhai

Hi there!
>>Following are the few career options after PCB:
MBBS
-For this You should have a minimum of 50% marks in PCB in 12th standard
-you can join this courses by the various national level and state level PMT(pre-medical test)
-Example:AIPMT:all-india PMT
AIIMS:All India Institute of Medical Studies
AFMC:Armed Forces Medical College PMT

B.Pharm
>>You should have minimum of 50% in PCB to appear the various entrance examinations to get into this course.
>>There are many private and government universities provide this course.

B.Tech in Biotechnology

All the best....
1st June 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

i hve got 68.6% in 10 th and 65.6% in 12th will it affect my carrer or in jobs in mnc companies??
19th June 2012, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

CAN I GET PLACEMENT IN MNC COMPANIES AFTER GETTING 50% IN PCM?
24th August 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have six subjects in class 12 and in my first marksheet i had got Ft in chem but according to cbse i had declared pass with 60% agregrate excluding chem so sir after graduation in eng hons i have decided to do MBA so will chem will effect my placement during MBA or my admission in MBA.Plz reply soon sir and plz suggest me what to do?
30th August 2012, 05:15 AM
Unregistered

I am having 86% in 10th but my 12th percentage is 59% will dis effect my campus selection
21st February 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 53% in 12th and 60% in B.E computer science .should i get job in software company if i join good cdac institute.
21st February 2013, 10:06 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Actually the requirement for companies these days is one must have clear its degree with minimum 60-65 % aggregate and the companies follows there own procedure for recuritment which consists of the following ::

1.Aptitude test /Technical test.
2.General discussions.
3.Personal Interview.

And if you perform well in these sections then you need to worry much for your marks..
22nd February 2013, 02:12 PM
sbgowda

Quote:
Dear Gautam
Be confident dont worry about your percentage of marks and all. Think positive always .According me now days the trend of recruiting based on percentage has been changed. Now the Top recruiters will see your talent not the marks.Almost 90% of the recruiters follow this only around 10% may check your percentage and all so be confident face the interviews with brave and courage.You will be recruited.
All the best
22nd February 2013, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I have do 12th class in 2004 CBSE Board and very low percentage and wanted to do B.Arch but Nata test elligibility is 50% marks in math so wanted to do again 12th class so can i do it or repeat only one subject math.

Thanks
Sarita
21st March 2013, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i m thinking of dropping a year after my 12th so as to improve and do well in competitive xams... will this affect my future placements at campus?
4th April 2013, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hi,
this is prasanna,I am having 74% in 10th ,75% in my B.tech IT with no backlogs and no history of arrears but my 12th percentage is 54%...i already placed in my college campus drive.it is a bpo company,they will not give any eperience also, and the salary is also not good.so now i am searching for better jobs in reputed companies like cts,tcs,amazon,ibm etc..so.here my fear is 12thmark will affect my career?
please reply i am very scared now..
10th April 2013, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed 10th in 2009,and 12th in 2012 with math compartment with 54% aggregate marks in cbse. now i m doing b.tech with electrical barnch..sir i m very worried about job. so plz tell is there will any problem to take a job after b.tech??
17th April 2013, 09:03 PM
rch91

Quote:
No doubt indeed 12th marks are really very important during campus recruitment. generally most of the companies require atleast 60% of marks in 10th,12th nd graduation. only some of the top MNCs require 70% marks in 10th , 12th nd graduation. so no need to worry.
28th May 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have got 9.8 cgpa in class 10th and 69% in class 12th,will my class 12th percentage effect during campus recruitment after b.tech?
6th June 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

my 10th is 74%but 12th is 54% if i study btech there any problem oncampus selection plz tell me sir
8th June 2013, 12:46 AM
amisum8

Sir
if i have nios certificate for 10plus 2 with 70 percent on every subject .will the companies employ me?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?