24th September 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

Respected sir,
I am having 3 year diploma in electrical enggineering with 62% marks then i changed my field and selected mechanical engg.Now i am in last semester of b.tech in mechanical engg.I am having great interest in merchant navy and want to job in merchant navy at any cost.I want to ask that what is the procedure for joining merchant navy,what is the age limit,what is the %age recquirement for job in merchant navy and what are the other requirment should be considerd?Sir please help me.Sir my mail id is [email protected] will be thank full to you.

12th May 2011, 10:30 PM
ASHUROCKSTAR

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

friend,
i liked your spirit,how devoted you are for merchant navy.

All Indian citizen after completing their engineering are eligible to join merchant navy.For this you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by institutes like IIT.

As you are a mechanical engineering student,you may get some exception in some courses. Some institution offer courses especially designed for mechanical engineering stream.these courses are available to Indian students at different government and private institutions.There are many institutes offering these courses,like,chanakya institute in navi mumbai ,LBS institute in Mumbai,MERI institute in both Mumbai and Kolkata.

Hope this information will be valuable to you.

with regards
your well wisher
13th May 2011, 03:44 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).

To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)

As an Officer:

3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.

There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard:

1. Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
13th May 2011, 04:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Merchant Navy comprise of three major departments including administrative department but the most important departments are the Engineering Department and Navigation Department.
Being a Mechanical Engineer, you may join Merchant Navy as junior engineer/engine cadet.
To be eligible for the post of junior engineer/engine cadet, you will have to undergo a pre-sea course conducted by Marine Engineering Research Institute -MERI.
Further promotion will depend upon the performance in the examination conducted by Directorate General of Shipping.
To know more about the pre sea course, you should visit the official website MERI.
18th May 2011, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

Non Technical stdent can join the marchat navy ?
19th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir i'am a tenth second class pass student ,am i eligible to join merchant navy please suggest me a good option .And also the courses available for me .
25th May 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i am 2 class with (arts) passed with 3 years diploma in information technology passed...i want to join merchant navy suggest me how can i join it...
28th May 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12h class from science stream. how iget in the merchant navy.
29th May 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

my age is 32 can I GET chance in any merchant navy Institutes.I am 12 pass
30th May 2011, 03:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I am having 3 year diploma in electrical enggineering with 62% marks then i changed my field and selected mechanical engg.Now i am in last semester of b.tech in mechanical engg.I am having great interest in merchant navy and want to job in merchant navy at any cost.I want to ask that what is the procedure for joining merchant navy,what is the age limit,what is the %age recquirement for job in merchant navy and what are the other requirment should be considerd?Sir please help me.Sir my mail id is [email protected] will be thank full to you.
Eligibility : MERCHANT NAVY
-Unmarried male
-Belong to age group of 19-23 years
-Should of Indian
-Should have completed his graduation from a recognized university (with Physics, Mathematics, at 10+2)
-Final year students can also apply
2)National Cadet Corps Special Entry (Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC)
As a air Wing Senior division 'C' certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to flying branch.
Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -
A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
1. Eye Sight = 6/6,
2. Height = 167 cms,
3. Weight = 50 Kg
4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
SO YOU ARE APPLICABLE
10th June 2011, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am 10th pass student with 78% can i join the merchant neavy
10th June 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year student in mechnical engineering.i was interested to join the navy. so how much percentage is required&what is the procedure for joining merchant navy?
12th June 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

WAT IS D AGE LIMIT TO TAKE ONE YEAR COURSE AFTER DOING BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?MY AGE IS 24.
13th June 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to join Merchant Navy after 12 or diploma in mechanical and electrical?
16th June 2011, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am having 3 year diploma in electrical enggineering with 62% marks thenam in last semester of b.tech in mechanical engg.I am h and want to job in merchant navy at any cost.I want to ask that what is the procedure for joining merchant navy,what is the age limit,what is the %age recquirement for job in merchant navy and what are the other requirment should be considerd?Sir please help me.Sir my mail id is [email protected] will be thank full to you.
19th June 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

sir iam in class 12 iwant to become a merchant navy but iam from commerce stream and i not take a maths so plz tell me that can i apply for merchant navy??? my id [email protected] .thanku sir
19th June 2011, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i am harendar and want to be in merchant navy. streem 11arts. height 176cm and age 17 july 1993.
30th June 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

sir my self ankit dhawan & i want to join merchant navy . i have done diploma in ece , now doing btech. please tell me procedure and date of exam form my id is ([email protected]) .
8th July 2011, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

i m doing b tech of mechanical and i want to join merchant navy after b tech. plz give knowldge of procedure and requirment
15th July 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

dyer sir madem my name is satinder kumar 10 2 pass my date of bhirt 1-1-1982 Im merchant navy job my emial id act [email protected]
24th July 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

How can i join merchant navy after 10th?
7th August 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY HAVING A NON TECHNICAL DIPLOMA????????????????????
19th August 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

What is procedure to join Merchant Navy after 15 years of experience in INDIAN NAVY in electrical branch.?
31st August 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am studing in 12th class from nonmed stream what can i do to become officer in merchant navy and also want to confirm that the person whose eyeside weak can get job in merchant navy
4th September 2011, 02:07 PM

Post Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;203520]Respected sir,
I am having B.E. 4th year in electronic's & communication enggineering with 62% marks .Now .I am having great interest in merchant navy and want to job in merchant navy at any cost.I want to ask that what is the procedure for joining merchant navy,what is the age limit,what is the %age recquirement for job in merchant navy and what are the other requirment should be considerd?Sir please help me.Sir my mail id is [email protected] will be thank full to you.
6th September 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I am 36 years old, can I join Merchant Navy now.
12th September 2011, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i m vaibhav jain.i m belongs to GENERAL category.i m mechanical enginner.my age is 25yrs and 6 month.i wana join merchant navy.how i join ?
12th September 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
good moarning i am a 29year dob/23/7/83/ can you tell me i want to join navy is it possible or not if possible than how if not then ok i am complete my study 12 class my mail id is [email protected]

thanks with regards
vijay
16th September 2011, 12:44 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

friend,

All Indian citizen after completing their engineering are eligible to join merchant navy.For this you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by institutes like IIT.

As you are a mechanical engineering student,you may get some exception in some courses. Some institution offer courses especially designed for mechanical engineering stream.these courses are available to Indian students at different government and private institutions.There are many institutes offering these courses,like,chanakya institute in navi mumbai ,LBS institute in Mumbai,MERI institute in both Mumbai and Kolkata.

with regards
your well wisher
merchant-navy-age-limit-requirements-joining-merchant-navy-42292.html#ixzz1Y2g2E5Ki
25th September 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

i am doing btech 4th year in computerscience.....i want to join merchant navy.........can you please give me detail of best institude for merchant navy.....
or can i join merchant navy because i am computer science student.....and when entres exam of merchant navy held...
my email id is: [email protected]
28th September 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

my eyesight is -1.25 of one eye so r am eligible for merchant navy or not?
3rd October 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to join merchant navy? age limit and requriments for joining merchant navy?
my eightsight is -3.0 of one eye so r am eligible for merchant navy or not?
8th October 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

i want to join merchant navy,i completed my 10th and my age is 23 so am i elgible r not plz tell me sir
11th October 2011, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

i want to do M.Tech from marine please tell me it is possible or not
16th October 2011, 01:48 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

list of college for navy/marine courses ( with address)

Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET),
MIT Campus,Paud Road, Pune-411038

Tolani Maritime Institute,
Sangurli Road,Post:Induri, Tal:Maval, Dist:Pune-410507

The Shipping Corporation of India ,
Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021

Directorate General of Shipping,
Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001

IIT (Indian Institute of Technology),
Powai, Mumbai-400076

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research,
Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033

Marine Engineering & Research Institute,
Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai-400033

Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering,
Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr., Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002

NUSI Maritime Academy,
Goa and Dr. Leo Barnes Pre-sea Academy,Nhava,NaviMumbai400038

all the best
26th October 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,

i'm 84 born and having MBA degree and 4 year experiance, i just want to know that is their a possibility for me to join merchant navy npw. pls guide
26th October 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

sir and my dear friend i wanna join merchant navi at this time my age is 16 1/2 i can apply for job and what can i do
30th October 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am a hotel management graduate, currently a fresher and wish to join merchant navy? but i hve not taken maths in 12th.sir can u plz help me out for my query?
31st October 2011, 01:33 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).

To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)

As an Officer:

There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard:

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
Thanks
5th November 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE COMPLETE BE IN MECHANICAL BRANCH WITH 68%.
CAN I JOIN AS A OFFICIER IN MERCHANT NEAVY?
PLEASE GIVE THE PRECEDURE FOR DIRECT JOIN THE NEAVY
11th November 2011, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY B.Sc IN 2009.MY D.O.B IS 2O/12/1986.I WANT TO MAKE CARRIER IN MERCHANT NAVY. SUGGEST ME.
12th November 2011, 01:55 AM
dr.shekhr

HI der,

As an Officer:

Thnks
13th November 2011, 03:22 AM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Eligibility norm for the Merchant Navy:-

1)Candidate should have Indian nationality.

2)Their age must be between 18-42 yrs on 25.02.11

3)should have Graduate from any recognize university.

4)The employed person who is working in central govt. /own business/private sector/semi govt. must have Pay and allowances and privileges.

For Merchant Navy the Selection Procedure:-

1. Preliminary Interview Boards held at respective TA Group Headquarters .

2. SSB Interview

3. Medical & Police Verification.

Important Topic About Merchant Navy

For more see the link:-www.merchantnavy.co/

also see the attachment for more question.

best of luck.
10th December 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed matric in 61% . i passed diploma in mech engg 3 year can i join merchant navy which base which stream
23rd December 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the maximum age for joining the merchant navy after completing b.tech in mechanical engg..
25th December 2011, 10:45 AM
tuntunia

27th December 2011, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

respected sir / madam,
presently i am 15 years old and studying in 1st year diploma course in e.c.e branch from central institute of technology, kokrajhar. i want to join merchant navy just after completeing my diploma course directly. so, it's my humble request to you that kindly give me the shortest direction to join the merchant navy just after copleteing diploma course. my email id is [email protected]. so kindly send me the email as soon as possible.
thanking you.
8th January 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

can i join merchant navy after completing 10th?
9th January 2012, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

sir am completed my 10 2 at the year of 2004.can i eligible for naval soldier...?
11th January 2012, 12:27 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,
I am having 3 year diploma in electrical enggineering with 62% marks then i changed my field and selected mechanical engg.Now i am in last semester of b.tech in mechanical engg.I am having great interest in merchant navy and want to job in merchant navy at any cost.I want to ask that what is the procedure for joining merchant navy,what is the age limit,what is the %age recquirement for job in merchant navy and what are the other requirment should be considerd?Sir please help me.Sir my mail id is [email protected].I will be thank full to you.

Well there are two options for you in Merchant Navy
=======================================

1. Nautical science and Marine engineering
  2. Navigational and Engineering fields

1. Requirements to eligible for Nautical science and Marine engineering
-------------------------------------------------------------------

• You should have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school.
  • You must have minimum 60% marks in PCM.
  • Your Age should not be more than 20 years{5 years relaxation for ST/SC}

Duration of course: 2 years

2. Requirements to eligible for Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • You must complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.
  • You must have secured minimum 55% marks.
  • Your Age must be between 18 to 24 years.

Duration of course: 1 years

Physical requirements for Merchant navy as follows:
--------------------------------------------------

You should be physically and mentally fit.
  • Eye Sight = 6/6,
  • Height = 167 cms,
  • Weight = 50 Kg
  • Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

Selection Procedure for Merchant NAVY
--------------------------------------

You can go into this profession through IIT JEE entrance exam. After qualifying screening test of IIT JEE,
you are able to peruse merchant navy course after that you will be eligible for merchant navy jobs.

For any other detail regarding this Click Here

Good Luck...

with Regards
4G Solutions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?