18th November 2009, 02:20 PM
darsetmerchant

Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to commerce?

I am doing 2nd year puc in science with computers. I want to know if I can still change my line and go in the commerce field. Is it possible to do so.
Also can you tell me what options I have in science or any other field after my 12th std for I am very very confused and am not sure I want to do engineering. Please help!!

Related Questions:
  1. Career options in the field of law? I want to change stream from science to law after 12th
  2. List of career options available for a 12th passed candidate? I'm a commerce student with computer science
  3. What career options are available for me after passing class 12th? I am a student studying in class 12th
  4. Career opportunities available for 12th commerce(without maths) students? I'm interested to become CA or join law
  5. What are the career options available for girls in aviation field? What should I do for the same? Currently I am in 12th(Science) and preparing for board and MHT-CET
  6. What are the good career options available for me after 12th commerce?
  7. Career options in Multimedia field after 12th standard with commerce?
  8. What are the career options in B.A Hons field in Economics and History? I am a science Maths student and interested to join Delhi University
  9. Which career line is most suitable for a class 12th commerce with Maths student?
  10. Career options in creative field like event or photography or tourism? I am a commerce student
  11. Career options for 12th Commerce student?
  12. I am a 12th commerce student without Maths subject : What are the career options after commerce?
  13. Career options after 12th standard with commerce for a student with poor financial condition?
  14. Can I change my field from commerce to arts after B.Com? -- [New]
  15. Which career options are available for me after 12th commerce with Commerce?
  16. How to choose my career in IT field after passing 11th commerce
  17. What can I take in 11th before completing 10th?
  18. Which is the best course after passing 10th?
24th November 2009, 03:48 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to c

there are number of scopes for science student not only engineering but fields like BCA,MCA,M,SC.P.HD.ETC ALSO HAVE good career profile.

IF you want to leave science and opt for any other then fields like-
CA,CS,MBA,ICWA,CMA,also have lucrative job profile.

decision is yours
24th November 2009, 04:03 PM
hemraj87

Thumbs up Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to c

hi,

in my opinion ,it depends on you that in which field do you wanna go like technical or non-technical.there are many scope for science student like BSC,MSC etc and also engineering field.

if you wanna change your subject than you can do.in commerce ,there are lot of option.

so listen your mind and choose one subject.

best of luck...@@
25th November 2009, 02:17 AM
anuja
Senior Member+

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to c

in my suggestion go for engg.,then their would be many option after your graduation.
25th November 2009, 06:50 PM
dipaleeknyn

Science after 12th is not just restricted to engineering, but there are other options also. You can do B.Sc., M.Sc., Mtech, BCA, MCA, P.hd. If you want to change to commerce then you can go for CA, MBA.
25th November 2009, 07:36 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

U dont get confused of ur future... Wherever u are,give ur best... After 12th u have many career options.... Engg alone is not a solution... U can do simple degree... A science student with computer can do BA,BCom CA and so on..... Being a science student is so proud... u can opt any courses... so dont change ur group.....
U join ur course depends on ur mark and interest..........
25th November 2009, 10:52 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

don't be confused mate just decide the thing you want to do and are best at doing.
you can definitely change your stream ,you can do ca,b.com etc...
but think twice before changing..
15th December 2009, 06:41 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

nowadays commerce field is evolving faster than engineering......you can swithch from science to commerce field ........you can apply for bba ,bms,bbi,bhm,etc
18th December 2009, 02:49 PM
lipee

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

i m now preparing 4 medical................
can u tell me which other exams are being held in which i can apply 4..
19th December 2009, 03:52 PM
anurag kumar

Location: H.No.-101, first floor, dagar house, bijwasan New Delhi-110061.

Hi,
There are so many field for the science student to go and make thier career
but few of them are best like Engineering, BCA_MCA, fashion technology, and so on
If you don't want to go in engineering field then do what you want to do.
You can go in any field, film line is also a good option if you are interested.
Wish you best of luck.
19th December 2009, 05:41 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

There are a quite lot of courses available after 12th standard in science group or rather if not interested can opt for commerce too. So dont confuse yourself, be clear first, search for the field or the subject where your main interest is and just plug yourself into that stream and my advice is not to worry over what we are now but try to shine in whatever stream you to chose to be.

All the best.
26th December 2009, 11:52 PM
harold67

There are many career options open for you after taking science stream such as medicine,computers, engineering,agriculture etc. If you are looking to make a career in IT the best option for you is BCA (Bachelor in computer Application) after 12th . After completing BCA you can go for MCA (Master in computer Application). This course will have great impact in your career. But the decision of science stream must be taken only after thorough consideration.
27th December 2009, 08:17 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

you can change your stream,but think twice before doing it,if you really want to change, only then you change
29th December 2009, 02:27 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

hi
you seems to be very confused in whatever you are doing so first get cleared what do you want to do, what are your interest fields only then you can opt a carrier.
31st December 2009, 02:01 PM
amir

what is the career after 12 science in engineering
31st December 2009, 02:03 PM
amir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esha Sharma View Post
hi
you seems to be very confused in whatever you are doing so first get cleared what do you want to do, what are your interest fields only then you can opt a carrier.
see i wanna do engineering so further what % are required & better carrer having great scope
4th January 2010, 05:20 PM
Abhishek Dhoot

After science 12th there are various fields for which you can apply....doctor,engineer,
pharmacy..etc.......there are many choices
9th January 2010, 02:36 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

there are many options after 12th in science stream like

medical field
engineering field
fashion technology
defense career
merchant navy

if you want to change your field to commerce then its well and good.you have several options in this field also like:

hotel management
MBA
bank jobs
MCA
6th February 2010, 01:57 PM
Senior Member+++

yes of course you can change your stream from science to commerce
but ii think you should not go for a change as a science you can enter in other sectors also such as BBA bca MCA etc
6th February 2010, 11:14 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

i will suggest you to chose your own path in which you feel very comfortable......
7th February 2010, 03:30 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

if you have taken science with biology then you can go for pharmacy and MBBS and if you are from science with computer science then you can go for IIT,AIEEE,BITSAT, and many more engg exam conducted by different university.

yes you can change you field from science to commerce buti suggest you not to change until you have interest in it.
7th February 2010, 02:00 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

If you are interested in computer field then do BCA or for management field join BBA otherwise do BSc......
8th February 2010, 03:09 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

after completing your 12th from science you can do :-
MBBS
IIT
AIEEE

yes you can change your field from science to commerce and you can do :-
BBA
BMS
BBI
BHM
and many more courses
8th February 2010, 07:52 PM
thakurbaba307

commerce could be taken after 12th science if u had math in 12th....even if u dont had maths u r still allowed to join pass course of b.com
21st February 2010, 11:44 PM
anisha gupta

CAN I OPT ANIMATION FIELD ? hows the field ? will it benefit me?
10th March 2010, 10:40 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Being a science student, U have options in all ways.. No need to worry.... U do ur UG in science stream itself. No need to confuse with commerce.... U can pursue engg also...
13th March 2010, 04:10 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
as you are a student of 12th science there are endless scope for you in future,you can also change the line and take commerce also,the various scope are as follow
1.you can do engineering
2.you can go for the medical
3.you can do hotel management
4.you can also do b.com
so first decide that what you want to became in future then go for it right now.

best of luck for the future.
14th March 2010, 04:57 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you have many option like

engineering
medical
manegment
bca
bba

so you decide.what you have to do?
14th March 2010, 09:02 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

hi.......
a science.....field....student has lots of options....open...
you .........have to stick....to your instincts.....
after.....
12th...
you can....opt for...
*MBBS....
*BTECH....
*BCOM.....
*BSC...
*BCA....
you can also change .....
your field.... to commerce...
and ....can have.....joined...to various...bank...works...
Prepare...for CA...and it also has a Lots of options.......
good luck...
22nd March 2010, 11:18 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

if you love maths then engineering is good for you..
if you love painting then you go through fashion technology(NIFT) ..
is good option for you other wise
hotel management is also good for you .....
if you love accounts then CA is good
for you ...
good luck..
23rd March 2010, 01:38 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

yes you can go for BBA
else you can go for medical(MBBS) or engineering(BTech)
you can also go for BSc in various subjects
or appear for NDA
23rd March 2010, 03:23 AM
nareshdabas65

Post Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

you should decide first which field u want to go and where is ur intrest then u can do that
26th March 2010, 06:55 PM
vanshu

friend dont take any decision to change your stream in hurry
science students have a number of choices and you can go for
bca MBA MCA IT MECHANICAL etc
and apart from these you can also go for graduation in any subject and then apply for government jobs upsc exams etc
14th April 2010, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

hi,wat r da options after passing 12th sci exam including arts stream as wel sci stream
14th April 2010, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

i m from science stream in 12th.....i have no interest in engg....neither my parents allow me to go for bsc n msc....i cant deny them....plz suggest me something...something that should not be heavy 4 our pockets....thnk u
14th April 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

i am doing 12 with pcb b-tech nd i want to go for management career,can i change my field?
14th April 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

hi,i just compleat my 2.
i want to know about sound and learnig .
which collage are available in kerala?
15th April 2010, 12:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
i will suggest you, dont change the stream,
you can do various courses like ca, bba ,bca,
icaw, mba ,mca and manny more after completing
your graduation. so dont change your stream........

ok
all the best.
21st April 2010, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

hi,

i am a student of class 11th, i have taken science(medical) as my stream and i dont want to become a doctor or an engineer. Can somebody please suggest me what career options do i have later on? i dont mind hardwork but with that i want high salary(in lakhs per month). i am really confused what to do in future can someone please please help me out with it......please tell me all the options i'll have in future.

thanks
21st April 2010, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the good career option after hsc scince stream (A group)
25th April 2010, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

what can we do after changing our stream from sci to com
25th April 2010, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i am a boywho have passed out 10th by78% & 12th science by 64%. but couldnt continue my studies due to financial problem. i wish to do my carrier in bussiness. please suggest some courses for dat purpose
28th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

i m very confuse about which field i should choose as i know very few fields,and field which i know i don't think i m
interested in it. I have finished my 12th-science waiting for my result. So anyone can suggest me about web-site which gives me info. on diff.fields or any one have heard about some diff. field
29th April 2010, 09:49 PM
nandhinikuttyrajan

Smile Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,i just compleat my 2.
i want to know about sound and learnig .
which collage are available in kerala?
eligibility:-
To become a successful audio engineer, one should be well trained in any degree or diploma courses in audiography, sound recording, sound engineering and audio engineering. No specific educational qualification is required for a training..
30th April 2010, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

hello, i hv been a 2sci. stdnt n now b.com(1st yr). Is CA a good option for me when i hv no interest in accounts.i m vry tensed,cnt find an answer after thinking a lot..plzzz help as soon as possible.........plz..
30th April 2010, 10:57 PM
quddus

Hi friend................

You have a various option and there are a various scopes in science except engg like BCA,MCA,etc.
If you want to change your stream to commerce then there is also a wide scope like CA,BBA,etc.
Do what you want.
All the best and thank you!
1st May 2010, 02:20 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello, i hv been a 2sci. stdnt n now b.com(1st yr). Is CA a good option for me when i hv no interest in accounts.i m vry tensed,cnt find an answer after thinking a lot..plzzz help as soon as possible.........plz..
Why did you do so, when not like accounting I am just unable to understand.

However, if you are Not interested in Accounting CA can not be achieved.Go for Econimics, it willbe much better option for you.

You can persue, B.sc/B.A./B.Com (Econimics).Or swith to CIMA, ICWA, CWA etc. all these can also be persued after graduation.

Best of Luck
1st May 2010, 03:47 PM
edward
Top Answerer

ya sure you can change the field from science to commerce..........you can go for engineering or you can also go for MBBS if you have opted for biology in 12th........

commerce is the course which provide you the very bright and promising career............
in commerce you can go for following courses :-
BBA
BBM
BHM
BAJC
BMS

choose the one in which you have more interest........
1st May 2010, 09:34 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsetmerchant View Post
I am doing 2nd year puc in science with computers. I want to know if I can still change my line and go in the commerce field. Is it possible to do so.
Also can you tell me what options I have in science or any other field after my 12th std for I am very very confused and am not sure I want to do engineering. Please help!!
Hi
Career planning is one of the most crucial factors in your life, which needs no emphasis.
It is true that the advantage of choosing science stream is that you can shift to the other two streams, humanities and commerce after 10 + 2. It also opens up the gateway to a large number of career and course options, even if you cannot make it to the most coveted courses in engineering.

Dear why you don't want to do b.tech , i dont know what is the probem.But affcourse if you dont want this you also try in IT field Because in this fields have large scope .
Yes you can change your stream. but in my suggestion please go for B.com + CA.Please dont think it is horrible.you can do better in this field and also in future you will get high packages.
Please think seriously about this.
4th May 2010, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

i have just passed my 10th bords nd wnt to take science but dont want to become a doctor so help me out what i should become and some more options with good explanation and career supports.

thank u
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?