3rd July 2010, 10:57 PM
NISAMTI

Default Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

ofcourse.....it is...because,business means it totally depends the transactions..a systamatic recording of all the transactions done in a business comes under commerce...it is mandortory....if u want to become a powerful business tycoon..all the best frend....

Related Questions:
3rd July 2010, 11:31 PM
NISAMTI

Default Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

hi Goel,
"BOTH THE FIELDS HAVE THEIR OWN IMPORTANCE"...the main thing is u must have the zeal to fulfill your desire..your desire must be the one u deserve...in that way...u must do hardwork..i think,everyone will have interest in certain things..for example,suppose iam interested in making softwares...then i will choose technical side..so, according to me,science is simply the study of us and the world around us..if u take physics...it is very tough who reads it theortically..but it is very easy to the pupil who studies it in a practical way..so,science is totally based on pupil's interest..as if u have interest only.u can have practical knowledge..it won't be taught by the faculty..okay..then coming to commerce group, here it is foundation for the business oriented courses..and the commerce is mandatory(compulsory) in every business..now..without business,nothing is there in the present society.
4th July 2010, 07:56 AM
gohan4

best line after 10 is sure science it opens many doors of carrier other than commerce but maker sure you have to work hard for better result in science
4th July 2010, 03:31 PM
vanshu sharma

DEAR it depends on your interest
if u are interested in business then go for commerce
if u are interested in service than u must take science

Choose wisely
ALL D BEST 4 your future
11th July 2010, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

can i do ca bcoz i have opted commerce with hindi
14th July 2010, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

hello my daughter is going for 10th std in mar2011. she was intrested in drawing . pl let us after 10th which stream is good for her.
14th July 2010, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

my daughter is intersted in drawing. she is going for 10th in mar2011. pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. And pl let us know about the courses and the colleges in Andhra.
23rd July 2010, 06:02 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Thats a very common dilemma students are in after 10th boards.
Well, whatever you decide totally depends on your natural instinct.
If you are naturally inclined towards science, then The science stream is a obvious choice. If thats not the case, but you like mathematics and statistics, then you may choose commerce. But if this is not the case too, then you are left with only one option--Humanities.
Also, what stream you choose depends upon your marks on the basis of which schools give you a stream. Many schools have a cut off for each stream.
Hence listen to your heart, but follow your mind. Choose wisely, its a question of your future.

Good Luck!!
29th July 2010, 12:05 AM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
very nice question! !
for your safe and maintained future

so this decision of choosing a stream is totally your hcoice
we can only tell you the scopee of any field as three of them are really good

1. The Science Stream

2. The Arts/Humanities Stream and

3. The Commerce Stream.

In Addition, there is the Vocational Stream. The Subjects offered in these streams are given in the Annexure. One problem you may face while choosing the combination of subjects is that the desired one may not be available in many 10 + 2 level institutions (higher secondary schools and junior colleges) Particularly in rural areas. A brief account of each of the streams follows:

Science
There is a common belief that science is the most important subject, compared to humanities or even commerce. There is also a general feeling in our society that the best students opt for science. This is an assumption of most parents, students and teachers. In fact, brilliance and intelligence is not the exclusive preserve of science. If a student is interested in doing engineering courses, such as civil, mechanical, electronics, metallurgy, computers, the option should be for a combination of mathematics, physics and chemistry (MPC). If you wish to take up medicine, dentistry, agricultural science, dairy science or biological sciences (biochemistry, biotechnology), the combination should be biology, physics and chemistry (BiPC). It is true that the advantage of choosing science stream is that you can shift to the other two streams viz., humanities and commerce after 10 + 2. It also opens up the gateway to a large number of career and course options, even if you cannot make it to the most coveted courses in engineering, medicine or agriculture. In several universities, particularly in the South, besides the usual combinations, such subjects as microbiology, computer science can be chosen at the BSc level.

Apart form doing the degree level courses in science with the conventional combinations you can also choose degree courses in several emerging professional areas, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, computer, business administration, hotel management, tourism management. You can also opt for courses outside the university stream, such as hotel management, fashion technology, industrial design, packaging, aircraft maintenance engineering, government accredited computer courses and a host of post 10 + 2 level vocational courses. However, if you are very clear that science is not your cup of tea, there is no point in wasting two precious years simply because it keeps many options open. It would rather be desirable to explore the opportunities the other fields offer.

Arts/Humanities
It is not widely appreciated that humanities also offer many options after 10 + 2 other than the usual BA degree course. Except for courses in science and technology areas, they can take up many other courses such as travel & tourism, advertising, journalism, performing arts, business management, etc. Humanities is also the favourite choice of many students who sit for the civil service examinations.

Commerce
Next to science, commerce stream opens up a variety of options after 10 + 2 stage. Some examples are: company secretary-ship, chartered accountancy, cost accountancy, business management, computer. Although chartered accountancy, cost accountancy or company secretary-ship course can be taken up after 10 + 2 (after successfully completing the Foundation Courses) you should be aware that each year only a small percentage of those who take the examinations get through. It may, therefore, be wise to obtain the basic BCom degree first. BCom with Computer as one of the combinations is now a much sought after course

In all the three streams, students can now opt for job-oriented vocational subjects at the first degree level available in selected colleges affiliated to many universities. Another recent development has been the diversification of courses, professional in nature, at the first-degree level itself, although the number is institutions offering such course is still small. International postgraduate programmes of five-year duration after 10 + 2 in several subjects are being introduced by some universities

Whatever stream you may select, you should put in your best efforts, which would surely lead to the path of success. Obtaining high marks in the qualifying examinations will put you in a comparatively better position to get into the course of choice after the 10 + 2 level.
29th July 2010, 02:57 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi friend
first of all i want to tell you that it is not like that if you chose science or commerce then you will get great success in the future.
both the stream has its own scope and significance,but i will suggest you to chose that field only in which you have intrest
29th July 2010, 08:44 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

You should choose the field according to your field of interest and not under any pressure./ If you are good in Maths go for Maths, If love to learn science go for it. And if you want to become a professional and have interest in commerce go for it.All the fields have their own importance.

Best of Luck@!
29th July 2010, 02:57 PM
s.k.singh

dear friend,
selection of the subject is depends upon the candidate intrest ands the job profile that you want to do.
so in this matter every thing depends upon you.
31st July 2010, 02:43 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my daughter is intersted in drawing. she is going for 10th in mar2011. pl let us know after 10th which stream is good for her. And pl let us know about the courses and the colleges in Andhra.
Dear friend
If drawing is hobby of the candidate then the best way to make her hobby professional is to make her study Architect(B.Arch)
You make her study 12th with PCM subject and when appearing for 12th board she could appear IIT-JEE and AIEEE examination to get admission in the premier Architect institution of India.
Thank You
13th August 2010, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

i jus passed slc securing 85%..n now m studyin comerce takin busines studies...i m interested on doing mba or ca in near future...does mathmathics is compulsory for it,,,m little weak in maths...wht shud i do shud i take basic math subject or continue wit busines studiess..
13th August 2010, 01:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, Science & Commerce both are equially good stream.

but in science stream you have many chance to do professinal courses.

after doing 12th in science you can do given below courses

1.Engg.

2.Medical.

3.bpharm.

4.bba.

5.bca.

all the best........
15th August 2010, 12:28 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

science is more better.
complete 11th and 12th syllabus and you will roll for many applications.
as an science pass,you can join these companies:
1. BSNL
2.Indian Army(SSB)
3.NAVY(SSB)
4.Air force(SSB)
5.ONGC ( oil natural gas corporation )
6.SAIL
7.BHARAT PETROLEUM
8.NTPC (National thermal power corporation
9.IES
10.IPS
11.IAS
12.IFS
13.NTPC
14.HMT
15.BHEL(Bharat Heavy Electricals LTD)
16.SAIL(Steell Auhtority Of India Ltd)
16th August 2010, 12:28 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

first of all it is ur interest that what u will do in future.

always keep target on your aim.

both science and commerce have a good scope in future.

science is a very vast field as compared to commerce.

so i will suggest u to go for SCIENCE.

all the best.
17th August 2010, 11:30 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

it is upon u in which line u want to go, in which line u have more interest.

Science is better than Commerce, bcz if u take science then in future u can go in many line .

so if u take science then there is a huge scope for doing higher study or

getting a good job.

now it is ur decision in which line u want to go..

it does not matter in which trade u are, it is matter how good u r in that trade. so study well.

all the best.
6th September 2010, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

Quote:
i just gave my 10th .......wht should i do ahead science or commerce??i have interest in drawing.........plz reply
if u r interested in drawing
u choose B.Arch
which is very interesting
8th September 2010, 09:09 PM
bapuram

dear friend,

in my opinion science is the best than commerce. if you want to service in a bank then commerce is good but in case of science there is more field including bank to get jobs and also for research.

good luck
16th September 2010, 12:12 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

its only depend upon your iterest,i.e. your curosty,your approach.if you think that youhave an innovative approach in the science you can go for it,if you are interested in economics related issue and tend to your future aspects towards this field then go for commerce stream.

Moreover science field has more options in the field than the commerce field. Commerce field has its only significance if you be a CA whereas this thing doesnt happen in case you opt science.
24th September 2010, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

the thing which really matter is what ur gf is taking....!!!
26th September 2010, 05:31 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
the thing which really matter is what ur gf is taking....!!!
plese don't give such suggestions which can soil the life.
Gf factor should be kept aside at this stage of life and decision should be taken very carefully as your whole life will be based on it
27th October 2010, 03:25 PM
srinivas t.n.

Thanks for the excellent analysis. You hav explained the reasons for choosing very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hello friend
very nice question! !
for your safe and maintained future

so this decision of choosing a stream is totally your hcoice
we can only tell you the scopee of any field as three of them are really good

1. The Science Stream

2. The Arts/Humanities Stream and

3. The Commerce Stream.

In Addition, there is the Vocational Stream. The Subjects offered in these streams are given in the Annexure. One problem you may face while choosing the combination of subjects is that the desired one may not be available in many 10 + 2 level institutions (higher secondary schools and junior colleges) Particularly in rural areas. A brief account of each of the streams follows:

Science
There is a common belief that science is the most important subject, compared to humanities or even commerce. There is also a general feeling in our society that the best students opt for science. This is an assumption of most parents, students and teachers. In fact, brilliance and intelligence is not the exclusive preserve of science. If a student is interested in doing engineering courses, such as civil, mechanical, electronics, metallurgy, computers, the option should be for a combination of mathematics, physics and chemistry (MPC). If you wish to take up medicine, dentistry, agricultural science, dairy science or biological sciences (biochemistry, biotechnology), the combination should be biology, physics and chemistry (BiPC). It is true that the advantage of choosing science stream is that you can shift to the other two streams viz., humanities and commerce after 10 + 2. It also opens up the gateway to a large number of career and course options, even if you cannot make it to the most coveted courses in engineering, medicine or agriculture. In several universities, particularly in the South, besides the usual combinations, such subjects as microbiology, computer science can be chosen at the BSc level.

Apart form doing the degree level courses in science with the conventional combinations you can also choose degree courses in several emerging professional areas, such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, computer, business administration, hotel management, tourism management. You can also opt for courses outside the university stream, such as hotel management, fashion technology, industrial design, packaging, aircraft maintenance engineering, government accredited computer courses and a host of post 10 + 2 level vocational courses. However, if you are very clear that science is not your cup of tea, there is no point in wasting two precious years simply because it keeps many options open. It would rather be desirable to explore the opportunities the other fields offer.

Arts/Humanities
It is not widely appreciated that humanities also offer many options after 10 + 2 other than the usual BA degree course. Except for courses in science and technology areas, they can take up many other courses such as travel & tourism, advertising, journalism, performing arts, business management, etc. Humanities is also the favourite choice of many students who sit for the civil service examinations.

Commerce
Next to science, commerce stream opens up a variety of options after 10 + 2 stage. Some examples are: company secretary-ship, chartered accountancy, cost accountancy, business management, computer. Although chartered accountancy, cost accountancy or company secretary-ship course can be taken up after 10 + 2 (after successfully completing the Foundation Courses) you should be aware that each year only a small percentage of those who take the examinations get through. It may, therefore, be wise to obtain the basic BCom degree first. BCom with Computer as one of the combinations is now a much sought after course

In all the three streams, students can now opt for job-oriented vocational subjects at the first degree level available in selected colleges affiliated to many universities. Another recent development has been the diversification of courses, professional in nature, at the first-degree level itself, although the number is institutions offering such course is still small. International postgraduate programmes of five-year duration after 10 + 2 in several subjects are being introduced by some universities

Whatever stream you may select, you should put in your best efforts, which would surely lead to the path of success. Obtaining high marks in the qualifying examinations will put you in a comparatively better position to get into the course of choice after the 10 + 2 level.
31st October 2010, 11:29 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
It depends on ur interest what do u like?, what do u want to be in future?, u have to choose between these two, besides this both fields have equal opportunities and scope. Being just opposite in nature the fields cannot be compared, so make ur mind, decide what u want to be in future.
thank you
2nd November 2010, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Dear friend

everyone has his own areas of interest.......today one simply need to excel in whatever carrier you opt for.........so your interest be your priority.........choose whatever but put all your efforts in that..........

ALL THE BEST
3rd November 2010, 04:48 PM
megha ram singh

Thumbs up Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

first you should decide what is your feild of interest whether science or commerce and then go for something. Make your own decision, don't come under pressure of anybody, do what you want to do..
8th November 2010, 05:31 PM
megha ram singh

Red face Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

It depends upon you interest

otherwise every field is a growing field, at this stage you can't judge or you can't predict the future of any field.

first you decide that what you want to do whether you want to go for science or for commerce.

all the best...
15th November 2010, 02:21 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibuddy View Post
hey ,i am not able 2 decide which stream shd i take whether science or commerce...plz tell me so my future will b bright...
It entirely depends on your interest if you like medical field ,engineerinr field then opt science otherwise opt commerce.
As far as the future has been concern both have bright future.
Like BE, MTech, MBBS, CA, MBA, MCA, CWA, MS, Phd.
And jobs are also in good number in both field with good salary.
15th November 2010, 02:22 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
which stream should i choose in science except engineering?
You can choose MCA, MS, Pharmacy, Medical.
You can also go for MBA.
15th November 2010, 02:25 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
is it necessary to take coaching for science?
No coaching are not necessary for science.
If you have self learning ability then no need of coaching without coaching you can score above 80%.
And clear competitive exams for engineering or medical.
15th November 2010, 02:28 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
I am so much confused which subject should I opt Schience or commerce. Kindly give your suggestions. My parents are telling me its upto u which suject you want to take. no pressure from parents.
It is upto your interest if you like science then go for this one otherwise go for commerce.
Future is bright in both field .
If you weak any subject then better to opt other one.
15th November 2010, 02:30 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
hello i want to go for civil services and i also have a great interst in maths i love maths. i want to take commerce . can commerce give the right and straight way for cs. what things necessery to clear cs. plz tell briefly. thanks.
You can go for civil services by any stream.
For civil services you have to choose any two subject from 22 subjests.
15th November 2010, 02:31 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
in commerce doing ca will be a good option or not?

After MBA, CA is best option in commerce field.
You can earn lot of money in this field.
You can start your own business or can do service at other places.
15th November 2010, 02:32 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
scopes of commerce ?????????????
Commerce have scope in the field like CA, CWA, CS, MBA.
15th November 2010, 02:34 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
i am intrested in science but confused which science bio science or computer science
If you want to go in medical field then take science bio and if you want to go in technical field of engineering then opt computer science.
17th November 2010, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

hi
i think that which stream u r most intersted better u can take that.........
all the best of luck
9th December 2010, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

i m in 10th std n i m vry confused abt my future...i m intrstd in bio only.. i hate phy,maths,and chemistry...
i dnt know anything abt commerce...shud i go 4 PCB...or bio is gud widout maths also...bcz 1 of my frnd told me dat PCB is d bst...
plz sgst me in detail.....
thnxxxx....
10th December 2010, 10:37 AM
rahul_kumar066

Thumbs up Re: Science or Commerce? Which one should I choose after 10th for better career in future?

Quote:
hey ,i am not able 2 decide which stream shd i take whether science or commerce...plz tell me so my future will b bright...
Dear
it totally depend up on you which subject you like .Both subjects are its own plus and negative side but you have to choose those subject on which your interest is higher .science is very old subject it has been reading for a longer time but commerce is new subject it get emerged in between 60 to 80 years.
thanku
11th December 2010, 06:48 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,

You can excel in anything if you develop interest in that. The streams are in existence because there is scope. so there is no question of scope but of your interest and your capabilities.
If there is B Tech in Science then there is CA in commerce field. both are good courses one can have.
But science is more demanding and interesting than commerce field and it is very wide also.
11th December 2010, 06:53 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
is it necessary to take coaching for science?
Hi,

If you have good understanding of the subjects and can give time efficiently to your science subjects then there is no need for coaching.
The books are enough and self explanatory. you can take tuition to get clear idea of the topics.
11th December 2010, 06:57 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
which stream should i choose in science except engineering?
Hi,

You can go for B Sc in physics, chemistry if you do not want to go for engineering.
28th December 2010, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am interested in doing MBA and take the finance field. what should i take to go into MBA field.should i take B.COM or MEC?and whats next?
29th December 2010, 01:17 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Both science & commerce stream promises bright future prospect for students. Both of them provide wide & diverse career opportunity.

First of all you should decide in which field you want to build your career in future. And then find out which course will be suitable for ypou & finally choose your stream accordingly.
30th December 2010, 11:50 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me both have equal importance ..........both have very good scope in the future......
it depends only on the individual which path he would like to take......
31st December 2010, 02:18 AM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i think it much more depend on your interest because both are batter and both have good scope if you have interest in accountancy then you can take commerce if you have interest in science then take science.
you can do BBA,MBA or BCA,MCA etc. after 12th in commerce
and you can go to medical or technical field after 12th in science
so its totally depends on your interest
good luck...
31st December 2010, 03:18 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi buddy

1)Best field now a days is Science the main Reason is that for most of the Entrance Exam you cannot apply with Maths and Physics for Eg in pilot,UPSC,Marian and so on

2)There are lot of vacancy in science and you can discover any new thing in your Further

3)Try to get good mark in 12th then you will get very good college for your studies, don't go for Commerce you can only go for BBA,BCA,B.Sc and B.Com

Best of luck,Life is yours,choose the right coin
31st December 2010, 09:00 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

hello friend,

first of all you it's depends on your interested area.
if your interested subject is math you can go both for this , provide if you hv interest in science for reading science.both are better in their areas. you ll also get good scope , dont worry.
now the choice is yours.

good luck...
31st December 2010, 03:20 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

both course are value able course.there is a lot of opportunities.
but which subject u like prefer the that subject.And choose the that course.
And the both course has many courses.science has the engineering, medical, degree level. And commerce has the degree,ca-cpt,icwa like course.but the choice of yours.
best wishes................
1st January 2011, 10:42 AM

Hello,

It is your choice to choose which stream you want to take.
Both streams have a great job oppurtunity in their fields.
You must opt that stream from which future is bright.

Good Day.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?