30th May 2017, 10:56 PM
NYG

Admission in a government college is possible after 78% in CBSE and 60 marks in JEE Main? Should I go fo B.Sc honours?

1. I have got 78% in cbse 12th board class and also i have cleared jee main exam with 60 marks, so i want to know that i can admission in good govt. Engineering college.

2. Or, i have to get admission in bsc hons. with maths/physics in good govt. College... with 76% in pcm?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. In which college I will get admission if securing 80% in 12th CBSE and 82 marks in JEE Main?
  3. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  4. How to get into DCE by studying in Delhi for next 2 years? I have scored 91% in class 10th
  5. Can I get admission in a good college in Odisha with less marks in Jee main?
  6. List of Government affiliated colleges offering direct admission in Zoology Honours for a candidate with 55% in CBSE 12th PCB?
  7. How much marks is required in CBSE board and JEE Main to get admission in EC branch of SGSITS College
  8. Can I get seat in any government colleges of Maharashtra having 64 marks in JEE Main?
  9. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  10. Chances to get admission in NIT with 75 marks in JEE Main and 400 marks in CBSE for a SC student?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  12. Possibility to get admission in government engineering college for B.Tech on the basis board exam without JEE?
  13. Can I get admission in any Government college with 70 marks in JEE Main and 60% in 12th GSEB?
  14. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in any Government college of West Bengal?
  15. Can I get admission in a good engineering college after scoring 38 marks in JEE mains and 81% marks in 12th CBSE board?
  16. Admission in governemnt engineering colleges of Aurangabad is possible with 40 marks in JEE Main?
  17. Can I get admission in B.Tech/Diploma Engineering in any Government college with 30 marks in JEE Main, 53 marks in CET and 62% in Higher Secondary?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if expecting failure in CBSE Physics? Whether IIT, NIT or DTU considers compartment marks after qualifying JEE Main & Advanced?
31st May 2017, 08:51 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in a government college is possible after 78% in CBSE and 60 marks in JEE Main? Should I go fo B.Sc honours?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

JEE MAIN 2017 CUT OFF MARKS

=> General = 81

=> OBC-NCL = 49

=> SC = 32

=> ST = 27

As per your marks in Jee main examination, if you belong to general category candidate then you are not eligible to get admission in good government college. On the other hand if you belong to reserved category candidate then you can apply for admission in government college.

B.Sc. (Hons.) or Bachelor of Science (Honours) is an undergraduate Science Course. The duration of this course is three years. For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in B.Sc hons. with maths/physics so my suggestion to you is that you can apply for admission in that college which accept your score.
31st May 2017, 10:51 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in a government college is possible after 78% in CBSE and 60 marks in JEE Main? Should I go fo B.Sc honours?

No, you will not be able to get admission in good government engineering college after scoring 60 marks in Joint Entrance Exam Main. If you are from general category then you have not even cleared cut off of this examination.

Your percentage of marks in PCM is good and you can take admission in Bachelor's degree in Physics or Mathematics.
31st May 2017, 01:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me make you a sure that as you have secured 78% marks in your 12th standard and 60 marks in JEE Mains, you may get seat in a government college but definitely you will get seat out of your state in another state. You must attend the counselling if you are eligible for it and if you are eligible then you will definitely get idea after attending that in which college you can get admission on the basis of your rank. If you do not get seat of your choice and your college then you can definitely of Bsc (Honours).
31st May 2017, 01:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you have mentioned that you have managed to qualify JEE Main by managing 60 marks which means that you belong to reserved category.

Also as far as you are concerned about possibility of your admission in government engineering colleges on the basis of Class 12th board examination marks and JEE Main marks then I would like to let you know that marks in Class 12th has no role in providing admission apart from its requirement for candidate's eligibility to be eligible for admission inCFTIs.

Further I would like to let you know that on the basis of JEE marks you are eligible for admission in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM,etc. . Also for admission in IITs the performance in JEE Advanced also comes into account.

Now having managed 60 marks in JEE Main there is very lesser probability of getting admission in good CFTIs. Also even if you get admission you will get admission in trade which is of less demand.

For exact details you should wait for the counselling procedure to start and you should take part in the same. For more updates regarding counselling procedure you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st May 2017, 04:12 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For admission in NITs and other government colleges ( except IITs and ISM) there is nothing to do with aggregate in board examination.

Main rank is not prepared on basis of 12th aggregate. So, if you belong to reserved category and qualified in Main examination then wait for counselling but there is less chance of getting admission in government colleges.

So, you must try to appear for entrance examination or register yourself for admission in honors course on basis of merit score in universities and colleges of your choice.
31st May 2017, 04:54 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

As you have secured 78% marks in 10+2 with 60 marks in JEE Main, so in this case, you have not qualified JEE Main exam.

Because your marks are below the cut-off of JEE Main.

You can prepare for JEE Main this year and re-appear for the exam in the next year with full enthusiasm to get a good score.

Another choice is to take admission in B.Sc. honors as it will save your 1 year.

However, I would suggest you take admission in B.Sc. Honors and save your 1 year.

Because every lakhs of students appear for JEE Main Exam and very few of them succeed to get government college.

60 marks are too low, you have to work very hard if you are preparing for JEE Main.
31st May 2017, 04:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

Examination is conducted by CBSE. The first stage is called JEE Main and second stage is called JEE Advanced.

The cut off marks for JEE Main was 84 for open category candidates. Your marks is less than cut off marks assuming you to be from open category. Even if you are OBC, SC then also there is less chance of admission in government engineering college.

ST candidates with 60 marks have some chance of admission in government engineering college.

You can get admission in Bachelor's degree with 76% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
31st May 2017, 05:01 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having secured 78% in CBSE board examination and also having qualified JEE Main you have very slight chances of admission in good GFTIs ( Government Funded Technical Institutes ) with good trade as your marks in JEE Main is not good as well as from this year marks in board examination does not matters for JEE Main rank as it matters only for one's eligibility for admission in GFTIs but you must take part in JEE Main counselling to try your luck.

Further as you are also interested in pursuing B.Sc honors degree course from good government colleges then for your information I would like to let you know that Central Universities like BHU take admission on the basis of their admission test like BHU UET, CUCET, etc and hence if you have not applied and appeared in these examinations then you are not eligible for admission in these universities.

But you can apply for admission in Delhi University now by referring to its official link www.du.ac.in which takes admission on the merit based on the performance in board examinations. Having secured 78% in your board examination and belonging to reserved category ( as you have qualified JEE Main by securing only 60 marks ) you have good possibility of getting admission in DU as per the last year cut off marks.
31st May 2017, 10:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

It will be tough to get admission in government colleges on 60 marks in JEE Main. But, as you have cleared ( if you belong to reserved category ) then you can wait for counselling or predict it by the last year cut offs of different colleges.

Yes, if you do not want to prepare for entrance examination again and pursue B.Tech courses then you can take admission in B.Sc honors course in Physics or Mathematics.
To get admission in government colleges you have to qualify in examination but in some universities admission is conducted on merit basis.

But with only 76% in PCM it is tough to get admission on merit basis. Cut off is very high for admission in Physics, Mathematics and some other courses.
31st May 2017, 11:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to get admission in good colleges. You are eligible to get admission in NIT Colleges. You get admission in good college with desired trade. So no need to worry about career.
But if you want to pursue B.Sc then also you can try it. After completing graduation you have many options in government sector jobs.

Some of these are as under:-

Bank
SSC
LIC
MTS
UPSC
BPSC
Railways
MPSC
JPSC
CBI
Income Tax
IB
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?