21st April 2010, 05:46 PM
naveen kumar n

Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering

my name is naveen,22years old, currently iam studying in final semister diploma in mechanical engg, i like to do BE in aeronautics or instrumentation engg & carrier in that fields,so plz help me to reach my goal......

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible for me to study aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical?
  2. Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How can I study Aeronautical after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do Aeronautics after completion of diploma in EEE course?
  5. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  6. List of colleges in Gujarat offering diploma in Aeronautics?
  7. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  8. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  10. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Is it possible to change an engineering stream after completion of B.Tech course?
  14. Can I study B.Tech in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  15. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  16. Which course I can do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  18. How to get job in core companies after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
22nd April 2010, 08:05 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering

You can get into 2nd year of B.tech (Aeronautical/Instrumrntation) through lateral entry scheme.

For great career prospect it is better to get through following Entrance:-

AIEEE: the minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed its Diploma engineering with at least 50% aggregate including all semesters.Since you are in your final year you can appear for AIEEE-2010 but you had missed the chance for this years.However,you can appear for it three consecutive years,so now you have only two attempts left.So, prepare well and then appear for it,because for getting into NIT's you have to score at least within 18,000 AIR if you want to persue B.tech (Aeronautical/Instrumrntation) from there.

IITJEE: the minimum eligibility criteria for it is that the candidate must have passed Diploma engineering with at least 60% aggregate including all semesters.Since you are in your final year you can appear for IITJEE-2010 but you had missed the chance for this years.However,you can appear for it two consecutive years,so now you have only one attempts left.So, prepare well and then appear for it,because for getting into IIT's is not easier.

Besides these Each State conducts its own entrace for Lateral Entry Scheme,So you can appear for them.For example- West Bengal conducts JELET for admission to 2nd year of B.tech.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 22nd April 2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: some error
22nd April 2010, 10:10 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes you can do Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical
engineering. but you have to give some entrance exams like AIEEE and
IIT JEE, after clear this exams you can do BE in aeronautics as well as
from instrumentation engg. there are very wide career in this field, so i
will suggest you just go for this course............

ok
all the best.
25th April 2010, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

my name is hardeep n my question is that cant we do without any entrance???
27th April 2010, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

i am did my diploma in tamilnadu i want to do my BE in other state. How can apply?
27th April 2010, 02:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Nothing is impossible in this world of possibilities.

You get admission on Good and Famous institutes like- SRM University, VIT, Institute of Aeronautical Engineering etc. also without any Entrance.

It is Quite shocking to heard this but it is True.

Government has given the power/right to All Private recognised Institutes, that they can reserve some part of there Seat to provide admission according to there will (Direct).

Which is famously known as "Management/NRI Quota".

Under this quota institutes had 15% of seats reserved for provideing direct admission to Indian National or Foreign National or Nationals of Indian origin resideing in other country.

But one of the Negative Aspect of this excellent oppurtunity is that it is also been misused, by providing admission by taking hefty Fees (Donation etc.).

But all institutes are not of this kind, they have some limitations and rule and requirement also.

Students who had score less in Entrance exams or in Qualifying exams are also provided admission through this quota.

If you want to go through this process, just go through some Authentic or certified Admission or Educational Consultancy.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 27th April 2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: some text was missing
27th April 2010, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

i want know about the lateral entry test of haryana? so suggest the about this test. and apply date of form of haryana lateral entry test.
5th June 2010, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma mechanical .currenty doing job & having 4 yrs of experience,suggest any part time or distance education course
& which is AICTE approved or UGC approved
6th June 2010, 04:03 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want know about the lateral entry test of haryana? so suggest the about this test. and apply date of form of haryana lateral entry test.
The test is called LEET. Normally the dates are out in month of March. So keep checking the haryana website for up to date info
6th June 2010, 05:09 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen kumar n View Post
my name is naveen,22years old, currently iam studying in final semister diploma in mechanical engg, i like to do BE in aeronautics or instrumentation engg & carrier in that fields,so plz help me to reach my goal......
yes you can do BE in aeronautics or instrumentation by filling the form like aieee or iit jee and also only if you have not crossed the age limit.
these courses are very much beneficial and provides a good carrier.
so you can try for them.
all the best
14th June 2010, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SEATS ARE AVAILABLE OF MECHANICAL ENGG.(LEET) IN INDO GLOBAL COLLEGE AT ABHIPUR
15th June 2010, 10:27 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

you can get into it either by later entry sachem or you can appear for the AIEEE exam and score well in that you will definitely get some good college............
20th June 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

is it compulsory to pass iit-jee exam for aeronautical engineering?
24th July 2010, 02:26 PM
happy to help

yes you need to appear for the aieee exam if you want to for aeronautical engineering from a good and reputed college
25th July 2010, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

after completing diploma in mechanical engineering which is better aeronautical engineering or aircraft maintanance
26th July 2010, 09:05 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
after completing diploma in mechanical engineering which is better aeronautical engineering or aircraft maintanance

Dont go for Aircraft Maintanance, Aeronautical is much better then it.

Well, basically there is 2 concepts in this regard.

1) Weather you can opt for Lateral entry to B.Tech/B.E. in Aeronautical it would be better option.

2) Since Aeronautical Engineering is a branch which is considered one of the Toughest Branch of Engineering, so Quality of Education is always an issue. Besides these high tech Labs, workshop, Intership are also helpful factors, and for getting these factors it is necessary to opt for good institute. So going through Entrance like- IITJEE, AIEEE is a good option.

Unfortunately if you dont able to get some good institute then better go for B.Tech/B.E. Mechanical engineering, so that you can specialize in Aeronautical or Aerospace at your MAster level. It is one of the best options.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
26th July 2010, 11:31 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Naveen!
Yes you can go for the Aeronautics or instrumentation engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering,for this you need to appear for the AIEEE exam,

Thereafter you will get admission directly in the 2nd year,

After getting good rank in the AIEEE ,you will be allowed to go get admitted in various institute such as VIT,NIT etc.......

All the best for your career.
27th July 2010, 05:25 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi!

To be an aeronautical engineer one must also pass the qualifying exam JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) conducted by the IIT's. To appear in JEE exam you must pass 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and must have a fairly high percentage of marks in the aggregate.Most of the institutes conducting engineering courses in Aeronautics consider JEE score as the qualifying grade.

Career Prospects:
In India aeronautical engineers are mostly employed by ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and the Defense Ministry. One can also look for jobs available with the Civil Aviation Department, National Aeronautical Laboratory, Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
31st July 2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

is aeronautical engineering easy or mechanical engineering? and is aeronautical engineering easy to study for an everage person?
1st August 2010, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

NOW I AM IN5TH SEM MECHANICAL ENGG. .I WANT KNOW AFTER MY COMPLITION OF DIPLOMA COURSE CAN I JOIN IN AERONAUTICS BRANCH UNDER AIEEE.AND WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO FOR THIS.
2nd August 2010, 01:44 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
is aeronautical engineering easy or mechanical engineering? and is aeronautical engineering easy to study for an everage person?

It is fact that Aeronautical is a branch of MEchanical Engineering but Even after that it is considered as one of the Toughest branch of Engineering.

Being an Average student I will never advice to opt for Aeronautical.

Quote:
NOW I AM IN5TH SEM MECHANICAL ENGG. .I WANT KNOW AFTER MY COMPLITION OF DIPLOMA COURSE CAN I JOIN IN AERONAUTICS BRANCH UNDER AIEEE.AND WHAT SHOULD I HAVE TO DO FOR THIS.

Nothing is different you have to appear for AIEEE as other +2 candidates do. If you able to clear your Diploma with atleast 50% aggregate including all semesters then you can appear for it.

But remember NIT's and Institutes of NAtional and State Importance and IIIT's dont has no Lateral entry scheme.

You can opt for anyother institutes except above one.
2nd August 2010, 02:49 AM
ATTITUDE

dear friend ,,,absolutely u can join aeronautical engg. lines after diploma but you have to sit in AIEEE or IITJEE exam from where u can join aeronautical engg.with instrumentation......so go ahead....
best of luck..
2nd August 2010, 04:03 AM
Sathishkannan

Mr.naveen,
your area of interest is good after diploma in mechanical you can join aeronoutical as a two year course through lateral method but you have to work hard and you have to spend little more money scholarship also available depending on your performance.
2nd August 2010, 09:45 AM
rajanivedha

YOU CAN DO BY ENTERING AS A LATERAL ENTRY CANDIDATE .....JUST WRITE YOUR iit and aieee entrances
2nd August 2010, 09:47 AM
rajanivedha

Post Re: Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering

when you think you can do it ...all courses are really easy..from day one start concentrating so you can do any thing be it aeronautical or mechanical

Quote:
2nd August 2010, 09:55 AM
ravi6

hello dear
you can do B.E in aronautics or instrumentation after complete your diploma in mechanical engg. through lateral entery. There are many univ. and colleges which provide study of aronautics.Aronautics engineering is a best branch of engineering and deals with aronautics.After complete your degree in aronautics you can take job at HAL,ISRO,DRDO etc.
PEC,chandigarh is top engineering college in INDIA. you can go at PEC through lateral entry scheme. Also some IIT,NITs study aronautics. best of luck.

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 11:07 AM

Red face Re: Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering

Quote:
No.
u can do nothing without any entrance.
Entrance is must so be prepare.
Best of Luck
2nd August 2010, 12:11 PM
avvarikiran

im kiran i compleated bsc.i want a job bacause i dont have money
2nd August 2010, 08:47 PM
prathamesh22

you can get easily on Aeronautics field...........just concentrate on your marks..
the minimum marks require in this field is 73 % according to semester pattern.there is no need of AIEEE OR gate to admission in B.E aeronautical
2nd August 2010, 10:38 PM
ravi6

Quote:
i am did my diploma in tamilnadu i want to do my BE in other state. How can apply?
dear, you can do B.E in other state esily. there is no difficulty.concentrate on advertisment of college or univ. where you want to do B.E.when the college give advertisment for fill seats you will fill form and you can select although the college is not situted in your residence state.

regards
ravi6
6th August 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 70% in diploma mechanical engineering but i dont want to continue in this field, i want to do aeronautical engineering i have fear that aeronautical is the toughest
subject in branch of engineering what can i do in this situation please give me suggetions but im interested in aeronautics and tell me which is the best and top colleges
in bangalore
29th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

HI FRIENDZ.... IM NAVEEN I JUST COMPLETED DIPLOMA MECHANICAL ENGG IS THERE ANY SHORT TERM JOB ORIENTED COURSES WHICH CAN GET ME A HIGH PAYING JOB & ALSO GET ME A OPPURTUNITY TO GO ABROAD
11th December 2010, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Hai..iam doing B.E IN mech..after this i like to work in aviation field..so which course i want to do..aft this..
27th December 2010, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

name the institutes of Aeronautics for B.tech who allow after diploma
13th January 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

hai im doing mech engg after this i want to enter aero field pls somebody help me what can i do next
22nd January 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing diploma automobile final year , i want to join any automobile technolgy related course to delvelop my domain skills , but i dont want to join any engg course. could you please suggest me valuable courses in india for automobile or mechanical industry
9th March 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

what shoud i do for give the exam
7th July 2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

i have done wid B.E Mechanical and i want to enter in d field of aeronautics.. what shud i do???
22nd September 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
dear friend

yes you can do Aeronautics after completion of diploma in mechanical
engineering. but you have to give some entrance exams like AIEEE and
IIT JEE, after clear this exams you can do BE in aeronautics as well as
from instrumentation engg. there are very wide career in this field, so i
will suggest you just go for this course............

ok
all the best.
Hey, RAHUL K , GOOD EVENING, I WANT TO TALK MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC SO CAN U PLZ CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK? [email protected] is my facebook id.
23rd September 2011, 08:57 AM
hrushi614

hi freind,

you can do aeronautics after completion of diploma. But you have to write AIEEE exam.

You can also apply for HAL,ISRO,DRDO exams, if you qualify means you will get a good job in aeronautics.
24th September 2011, 12:12 AM
karan 555

Quote:
Yes,you can join Aeronautics after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.For this you need to appear for the LEET(Lateral Entry in Engineering Test)entrance test.

The eligibility conditions for LEET are:

-You must have completed your Diploma with minimum 60% marks.
-You must have completed your Diploma from a recognized Institute or any State Board of Technical Education.
-Your age must be less than 28 years at the time of test.

After qualifying the LEET entrance test,you will be eligible for taking admission in Engineering course.On the basis of your rank in the LEET test,you will be assigned College.The higher rank you will score,the better College,you will get.

On the basis of LEET test,you will directly get admission in second year of Engineering.As there are very few Aeronautical Colleges in India,so you must have to score a good rank in the LEET test in order to get admission in reputed Aeronautical Engineering College.

All the best.
3rd November 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

my name pawan sahu i am doing instrument mechanic deploma(iti) what can i do in future in this field can ido engeering i want to study in this filed iam have 12th pass by science
13th February 2012, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

hi.. my name is nitish studying in diplome last year. I want to join aeronautical engg after the completion of my diploma, what can i do??
11th August 2012, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

Is there any other exam to get admission in aeronautical engg after completing diploma other than Aieee n iit??
15th March 2013, 09:25 PM

i completed my diploma in mech eennggg can i join a aeronautical engg.....???? n how
15th July 2014, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

i am studying diplamo mechanical engg .bt 1 sub back is der and i wnt to study aeronautical engg after clearing due subject .hw can i join plz tl ...........??????????
26th November 2014, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

I completed Diploma in Mech. but I dropped 1 years in second year I want study
Aeronautical ingg it possible ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?