30th August 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

After doing B.pharmacy can I give MD entrance exam? Which are the entrance exams for MD?

I in FYB.Pharmacy. I want to do dermatology and it requires a undergraduate degree of 4yrs, MD degree (4yrs).
As pharmacy is also a 4yrs degree, am i eligible? what are the entrace exams for MD? one of my friend told that i can't give the entrance for MD as it is only given by MBBS or BDS degree holders.

Related Questions:
  1. Entrance Exams for Pharmaceutical MBA in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is BCA exam possible online?
  3. Which entrance exam I have to give to pursue BCA?
  4. List of available Entrance Exams for the candidates after completion of Intermediate in MPC stream? What are the Job Opportunities through these Entrance Exams? What syllabus to prepare for these Exams?
  5. Biomedical engineering entrance exams details and universities
  6. Can I get admission in MBBS with 65% marks in 12th?
  7. Entrance Examinations for admission to PG courses
  8. Which all MDS entrance exams can I give(Both Private and Government)? What is the study material for MDS entrance exam?
  9. When will the Airforce entrance exam be held? Where I will get the entrance exam forms? Am I eligible for this exam? I am a final year BCA student
  10. Can i give entrance exam for further education after failing in Physics?
  11. How to get important topics for entrance exams preparations?
  12. When is the entrance test for distance course? If there is no entrance test then which are the colleges that consider direct admissions?
  13. Is it necessary to give an entrance exam to get into B.Pharm College?
  14. Criteria for entrance in m.pharm? Will the universities like PU, PTU etc. will conduct there own entrance tests?
  15. Hotel Management entrance exams dates? How to prepare for these exams?
  16. Admission in MCA without giving JECA?
  17. How to join Law after completing graduation?
  18. List of entrance exams to pursue PG dairy technology course? What is the syllabus of these entrance exams? Which book should be used to crack the entrance exam? -- [New]
29th December 2011, 10:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After doing B.pharmacy can I give MD entrance exam? Which are the entrance exams for MD?

As per my record your friend is correct for MD entrance exam you required a MBBS or BDS degree with minimum of 55% marks .And as you want to pursue dermatalogy in that case you have to be a graduate of a recognized college of medicine.Then there is an entrance exam which you will have to qualify for admission.Some of those exams are – K S Hegde Medical Academy Entrance Exam,
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam,
The NTR University of Health Sciences Entrance Exam
The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University Entrance Exam.
26th January 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After doing B.pharmacy can I give MD entrance exam? Which are the entrance exams for MD?

i am b pharmacy final year student can i take the admission in md pharmacology
24th February 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Is MD can b done after pharmacy in india or abroad ?
24th February 2012, 10:56 PM
rvidyasagar

I doubt a B. Pharm candidate can apply for a seat in MD.

JIPMER is a very reputed institution offering MD/MS courses. Their eligibility condition states "The candidates must possess MBBS Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India".

Further, AIIMS (All India Inst of Medical Sciences) is another premier orgn. Their notification for MD/MS puts the eligibility condition as "The candidate must posses MBBS/BDS degree from a recognized Medical/Dental College or a foreign degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and full registration either from the Medical/Dental Council of India or State Medical/Dental Council".

I have quoted two famous institutes as examples. Sorry, there is no chance to pursue MD after B. Pharm.
2nd April 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

can i do md after pharm-d .please inform me,if there is any insititution
24th January 2013, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

after b.pharma candidates are eligible for MD in pharmacology?
14th February 2013, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

it is possible in india to do md after b pharmacy only 2 years duration
1st August 2013, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

SIR I WANT BECOME REGISTERED MEDICIONAL PRACTIONER AFTER B.PHARM
11th August 2013, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i m in 3rd year of b.pharm..i can aply for master of drug(md)??
22nd August 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

i m in 3rd year of b.pharmacy.........can i apply for md....?????????????????
23rd September 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i m.dng pharm D 5 years of educatio can i apply for MDn
10th March 2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

after b pharm,which course i should do as i dnt want to join m.pharm.and plz suggest me other option also?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?