8th November 2011, 02:15 PM
hemantt pant

After pursuing graduation through distance learning can I appear for CAT entrance exam?

if i am pursuing graduation through distance learning programme...can i appear in the CAT exam further in ????

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  2. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  3. Eligibility for CAT exam while pursuing graduation? -- [New]
  4. List of colleges in which i am eligible for MCA entrance exam? I have 55% marks in 12th, Now i m doing graduation through distance learning program
  5. Should I go for distance learning in LLB after passing CS Executive?
  6. Is it possible to do M.Tech through distance learning? Do I need a GATE score for that? Universities providing the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is distance learning MBA eligible for NET? I am pursuing my MBA in distance learning from SMU
  8. Distance learning course, study centres and fee for pursuing graduation?
  9. What are the Job Opportunities for me pursuing MBA course in Distance Learning?
  10. Which post graduation course to take after completing Office management course?
  11. Eligibility for distance learning Graduation? Entrance exams and date of exams for distance learning graduation?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for CAT and Group 1 Exams being a candidate pursing Degree in Distance Learning from Eiilm University?
  13. Is it possible to get admission into MBA with 42.5%? Best institute for MBA in Distance Learning?
  14. Can Graduates through distance education apply for DO exam?
  15. Am I eligible for Bank PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Graduation in Distance Learning?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in PSU recruitment exams if pursuing PGDM from Distance Learning?
  17. Distance learning PGDM is applicable for NET?
  18. Is there any university providing M.Tech in Distance Learning/Correspondence? Do I need to have a valid GATE score for M.Tech Distance Learning course?
8th November 2011, 03:43 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After pursuing graduation through distance learning can I appear for CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantt pant View Post
if i am pursuing graduation through distance learning programme...can i appear in the CAT exam further in ????
Hello friend,
If the university you're pursuing your graduation from, is an recognized university, you can definitely take the Common Admission Test conducted by the Indian Institute of Management provided you score a minimum of 50% in your graduation.
For complete information, refer to the official website of CAT IIM.
8th November 2011, 04:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After pursuing graduation through distance learning can I appear for CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
Dear friend,

Those candidate have above 50% in graduation are eligible for CAT exam.For SC/ST candidate this marks is decreased to 45% in graduation.

Your graduation college or university must be UGC approval.

This year exam date is already announced.So please check it out.

Registration-17 august 2011 to 28 September 2011

Exam date-22 October to 18 November 2011.

The BEST MBA college in India:-

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
Indian Institute of Management Indore
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
FMS – Faculty of Management Studies
NMIMS – Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies

Thanks
8th November 2011, 05:43 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi,
Yes you are eligible to appear for CAT exam.The eligibility criteria for CAT exam is
you must hold degree qualification with 50% marks(5% in the case of rersevation candidates).

Your distance learning is not going to be a proble mfor your CAT appearance. you are eligible.

All the Best
8th November 2011, 05:46 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi,
Yes you are eligible to appear for CAT exam.The eligibility criteria for CAT exam is
you must hold degree qualification with 50% marks(5% in the case of rersevation candidates).

Your distance learning is not going to be a proble mfor your CAT appearance. you are eligible.

All the Best
8th November 2011, 07:32 PM
krishna76743

Quote:

Yes u can appear in CAT.
9th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in CAT exam you have to complete your graduation first..

After completion of graduation in any trade with 50% aggregate you can appear in CAT exam..

So, It is not important that you have done your graduation in which mode , the important thing is you have to complete your graduation...

All the best.
10th November 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i was pursuing BCA from some university but after completing the first year i had to drop that.now its been two years and i m thinking to start it again.now i have took admission in smu direct in second year through credit transfer process which smu offers.is it goin to be a problem for my cat appearance as my first year will be from regular university and the rest of the two years will be through distance learning programme.please assist me.
10th November 2011, 07:42 PM
hemantt pant

i was pursuing BCA from some regular university but after completing the first year i had to drop that.its been two years now and i want to complete that. so i have taken admission in smu direct in second year through credit transfer process. is it going to be a problem for my cat appearance because my first year marksheet will be from a regular university and the rest of the two years will be through distance learning. please assist me.
16th November 2011, 04:09 AM
Unregistered

i completed my 12th in the year 2007 and was pursuing be but couldnt complete it............it has been four years now...........finaly i hav quited and i am doing bca from manomaniam sundranar university........kindly tell me can i appear for mba and is the gap of 4 years goona be a problem.........vikrant
1st October 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i m pursuing BCA from mahatma gandhi uni meghalaya and i want to do MBA-IT(system analyst).can i appear CAT entrance test and the distance learning valid for this.
23rd December 2013, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have done my Diploma in computer engineering after 10th. After diploma while working I pursued PGDIT from SCDL. Am I eligible for CAT exam?
2nd July 2014, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

hi,i have done graduation distance education with shobhit university,can i take admisson in mba best colg,am eligible for cat,mat.
2nd July 2014, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

hi,i have done graduation distance education with shobhit university,can i take admisson in mba best colg,am eligible for cat,mat.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?