19th July 2010, 07:37 PM
mcgupta44

Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

Has the Bar Council of India banned admission to 3 year LL.B. course after 40 years of age? has such ban become effective all over India? Since when? Any exceptions? Has such ban been challenged in High Court(s)? If yes, have the HC given judgment / stay?

--M C Gupta

19th July 2010, 08:45 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

hello friend,

The Bar Council of India, which governs standards of legal education in India introduced a 20 years age limit for the five-year LLB course and a 30 years age bar for the three-year LLB course from this year.

i don't have idea about this, if this age bar is given than it should not be there

I think we should collectively look into the matter because education in any field is on the interest of individual. There should be no age bars..

this what the though of mine...

all the best dude..!!! lets join hand together towards this..
19th July 2010, 10:11 PM
sharad3010

Default Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

hello sir,

i m happy to tell u thnat there is no such age limit till now
so u can apply for it without any fear
19th July 2010, 10:55 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend there is no upper age limit in 3 year LLB course
so best of luck you can download the prospectus that contain all eligibility conditions from their official site
20th July 2010, 12:02 AM
happy to help

In what can be termed a major blow to law colleges in the state, the Bar Council of India (BCI) has imposed age restrictions on students who want to pursue LLB courses from the coming academic year.
Once BCI’s amended rules on age limit to admission for the five-year and three-year LLB courses come into force, a majority of law colleges will be forced to close down. Recently, BCI sent a circular to all 86 law colleges in the state regarding amendment of rule 4 of legal education and directed that the rule had to be followed for the academic year 2009-10. In the amended rule, BCI has fixed 20 years as the maximum age for admission for five-year LLB courses and 30 years for the three-year LLB courses. To ensure quality in legal education, BCI amended the rules.
Interestingly, BCI did not send a copy of the circular to the Karnataka State Bar Council (KSBC). “KSBC has not received the circular so far,” said an officer in KSBC. “If this rule comes into force in the coming academic year, out of the 38 law colleges in Bangalore, 36 law colleges may have to be closed down. The rule will affect five-year courses more than the three-year courses.
Ninety percent of students want to pursue the five-year courses after the age of 20, because many of them do not complete SSLC and PUC exams on time. Majority of LLB students studying in the threeyear and five-year courses have crossed their age limit prescribed by BCI,” Mariswamy Gowda, principal of Rajiv Gandhi Law College and convener of Law College Principals’ Association told Express.
“After the circular was received in January, we wrote a letter to BCI requesting it to withdraw the new rule as it violates Article 14 of the Constitution.
If BCI does not heed to our request, we will file a writ petition in the court,”said Gowda.
Late latifs
20th July 2010, 11:14 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai
BCI brought a resolution setting age limit of 20 for admission to 5 year LLB & that of 30 for the 3 year LLB course.
20th July 2010, 03:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

BCI, which governs standards of legal education in India, has filed an affadavit in the Bombay High Court to introduce an age bar of 20 years for the five-year LLB course and of 30 years for the three-year LLB course from this year. Bombay High court is currently hearing two petitions challenging BCI's move.

In May, the Andhra Pradesh High Court granted an interim stay on the on the new age limits for admissions to LLB courses.

So, you are elligible to take admission in LLB 3 years course but admissions would be subject to outcome of petitions in the High Court
21st July 2010, 02:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for LLB is that one should be a graduate with minimum 45% marks.An entrance test is conducted followed by an interview.According to the Bar Council of India(BCI) the candidate should be minimum 20 years for 5 year LLB course and minimum 30 years for 3 year LLB course. National Law University, Delhi; Faculty of Law, Mumbai University, Mumbai;Army Institute of Law, Mohali are some of the reputed law colleges.
22nd July 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

How is the quality of legal education and legal profession going to change just because you have lawyers who are not 25 when they graduate?
I am in my 40s and doing my 3 year LLB after an MBA and 15 years of working. I can proudly say, I understand better, value the education better and score better.

BCI should try improve the quality of education. I have a right to education given by the Indian constitution. BCI cant take it away
23rd July 2010, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

no age limit on joining the law course , this is a violation of ones aspiration. every one should be give a chance to prove thier mettle - shiva
23rd July 2010, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

what will be the fate of the students who take admission in llb 3 years course in the wake of the interim stay granted against the BCI's 30 years age bar. will their admission be cancelled, if the stay is vacated at a later stage or the writ petition does not succeed?
29th July 2010, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

How much age is required for 3year law course in karnataka
30th July 2010, 12:57 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgupta44 View Post
Has the Bar Council of India banned admission to 3 year LL.B. course after 40 years of age? has such ban become effective all over India? Since when? Any exceptions? Has such ban been challenged in High Court(s)? If yes, have the HC given judgment / stay?

--M C Gupta
you can apply for it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do not get hagitage
15th August 2010, 07:49 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

maximum age for admission for five-year LLB courses and 30 years for the three-year LLB

courses. To ensure quality in legal education, BCI amended the rules.the candidate should

be minimum 20 years for 5 year LLB course and minimum 30 years for 3 year LLB course.
30th August 2010, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

I AM A 36YEAR OLD PROFESSONAL.I WANT TO L.L.B.DEGREE.BUT THE BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA IMPOSF AGE BAR.IN THE NORTH EAST INDIA THE LEGAL IS LESS POPULAR AND POOR INFASTSUCTURE.IF THE BAR COUNCIL IMPOSE AGE BAR IT MAY CLOSE THE COLLEAGES.THE BAR COUNCIL SHOULD NOT IMPOSE THE AGE BAR.IN THE N.E REGION.
31st August 2010, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Age bar is now applied by law college
25th September 2010, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

my age is 36 years and compleate my 12th in 1994 with 69% marks is it possible to do LLB 5 years from any university
25th September 2010, 11:45 PM
subhash1206

Quote:

--M C Gupta
the candidate should be minimum 20 years for 5 year LLB course and minimum 30 years for 3 year LLB course.
ok best of luck dear
26th September 2010, 09:14 AM
Harshita21

Quote:

--M C Gupta
My father is in session court & 50+ in age & he wan to do LLB. From distance education.But he has to take permission for the LLB.

I think you need no proof for the age limit.

You can also proceed for the LLB.

I think you can be a future govt lawyer,judge,.

best of luck.
26th September 2010, 05:28 PM
meeria

dear friend

India introduced a 20 years age limit for the five-year LLB course and a 30 years age bar for the three-year LLB course from this year.

have a good day
28th September 2010, 11:33 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

through my personal experience i want to tell you that there is no any age

bar for the admission in 3 year LLB course.So, you can join it without any fear.

Best of luck
29th September 2010, 12:28 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see there is no Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course.

as you can do this course after your graduation, so it has not any age limit.

and you know it is a professional course.

all the best..............
29th September 2010, 09:15 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can apply for llb there is no age restiction in llb all the best
30th September 2010, 07:20 AM
Harshita21

Quote:

--M C Gupta
Their is no bar of the age on th court members to do LLB.

You can do it in any age , until & unless it make you eligible for the govt. jobs
15th November 2010, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have cleared my first year LL.B. in November 1994, Pass class from K.C Law College, Mumbai, I wish to now continue my studies in Law, can anyone guide me if this is possible and if yes how should I go about it?
15th November 2010, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

dear sir in graduation, i have 47%marks can i apply form of LLB(3years) cource and i also belong to sc cast
16th November 2010, 02:44 PM
104sri

Thumbs up Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

Quote:

--M C Gupta
hi

The Bar Council of India, which governs standards of legal education in India introduced a 20 years age limit for the five-year LLB course and a 30 years age bar for the three-year LLB course from this year.

I think we should collectively look into the matter because education in any field is on the interest of individual. There should be no age bars..

3rd December 2010, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

if any advocate do the misbehave and beat the client for showoff infront of client.So,how i can complaint against him to keep in mind that he should not be continue in this profession.
6th December 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

if i m 12th passed in the age of 26 than can i go for the 5 year course of llb
my [email protected]
25th December 2010, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

it is learn t that bar council of india restricted the distance education for admission in law course then should IGNOU and NIOS and other deemed distance university should be closed to spoil the life of student, it is very unjustified for this decision on the issue it would be better for bar council of India to say to close admission for distance admission after 2015 because those taken admission in 2010 may complete within 1013-2014 and those will take admission in the session 2011-2012 should be informed to no way to admission in law course after 2014.
6th January 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

my age is 36 on 22-01-1976 is there any age bar for doing L.L.B in 2011 ?
6th January 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,my name is senthil kumar , I have completed M.A.English regular stream and my age is 36 running .Is there elegiblity for me to appear for LAWCET 2011 for this age? What is the maximum age limit for OBC category?
6th January 2011, 11:28 PM
assimilator

for 3yrs ll.b course bar council of india has limited its maximum age upto 30yrs old and for 5yrs ll.b course the maximum age should be 32yrs old...
6th January 2011, 11:30 PM
assimilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry ,you are not eligible for this course now...
regards,
7th January 2011, 06:54 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

A pass graduate art student can do a LLM course for 2 years???
7th January 2011, 11:54 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

Quote:
I heard that Bar Council of India (BCI) announced that

age limit for the five-year LLB course is 20 years

and age limit for the three-year LLB course is 30 years

so i think you are not eligible..
7th January 2011, 06:24 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course

So, you are elligible to take admission in LLB 3 years course but admissions would be subject to outcome of petitions in the High Court

good luck
7th January 2011, 11:37 PM
assimilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by subho19 View Post
A pass graduate art student can do a LLM course for 2 years???
no,u cant....for llm u should a ll.b graduate...
Thanx n Regards,
22nd January 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

i am 26 years old can i pursue 5 years llb from surendranath law college of kolkatta
22nd January 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

by when we can be assured that there is age limit or not??? when the dilema will be over, i wish to take admission in llb and i an 32 year old plz plz plz
mail me at [email protected]
23rd January 2011, 01:14 PM
assimilator

Quote:
How is the quality of legal education and legal profession going to change just because you have lawyers who are not 25 when they graduate?
I am in my 40s and doing my 3 year LLB after an MBA and 15 years of working. I can proudly say, I understand better, value the education better and score better.

BCI should try improve the quality of education. I have a right to education given by the Indian constitution. BCI cant take it away
mr unregistered,
sorry to say u that i am totally against with ur opinion that a 25yrs old lawyer may not competete to a 40yrs old...can i know that is any provision may change its meaning when it may read by two different people with different age??no mr but the way of interpretation of any provision may change the meaning or object of any provision...thats why we are studying one more paper in law called interpretation of statutes.....bci has limited age coz bci want that any ll.b degree holder may dedicate his time and life to this field only rather than take it as an optional career.....hope u will consider on my opinion and also agree with me....
Regards & Thanks,
8th March 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am 33 years old and belong to the minority group. I have completed my MSW and am working at the grassroot level for women. i would like to know if I can apply for LLB?
SNEHA
10th March 2011, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Is there any case in the court with regard to eligilibity pertaining to age bar imposed by BCI?
28th May 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

DISTANCE GRADUTAUION DEGRR NOT VALID IN ADMISSION IN LL.B-1 SESSION 2011-12 WHY
14th July 2011, 11:32 PM
shekhar.379

Hi dear,

i don't have idea about this, if this age bar is given than it should not be there

all the best dude..!!! lets join hand together towards this..

Thanks
22nd July 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Are graduates(Three Year Bachelor Degree ) from open universities eligible for Three year LLB course?
3rd August 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i dr rk gupta want to know that what is the age limit for three year LLB course in 2011 session,there is any possibility to take admission for 45 year old man in india
20th August 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Age bar for admission to 3 year LL.B. course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITIN2 View Post
Dear friend

through my personal experience i want to tell you that there is no any age

bar for the admission in 3 year LLB course.So, you can join it without any fear.

Best of luck
Sir, I am a lecturer in chemistry and one of my student , because of his family problem he had to go for work after his graduation even he was interested to do LLB in 1995. now his family problems are settled he tried to do LLB but in Bangalore non of the college admitted him becoz he is now 37year old. Is there age limit? if the law is not helping a man's education thrust and one restriction will come in all education system and slow lerner, poor family students can only dream about education.
15th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

is any high court or supreme court gave final verdict against bci resolution about age limi in ll b or ba llb course? Harnath singh yadav
4th October 2011, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR, I AM 29 YEARS OLD, MY BIRTH DATE IS 13-07-1982. I PASSED MY 12TH EXAM IN 2001 AFTER THAT I TOOK ADMISSON IN B.A. 2002 AND I PASSED B.A. I THEN II REGULAR 2004. UNFORTUNATELY I GAVE-UP MY COLLAGE AND AGAIN I ENTERD IN LAST YEAR IN 2008 AND PASSED III YEAR B.A. IN 2009. PLS GIVE ME SUGGETION WHAT I CAN
NOW I WANT TO KEEP MY EDUCATION CONTINEU NOW SO PLS GIVE ME SUITABLE ADVICE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?