2nd February 2015, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Arts graduate is eligible for LLB through regular mode?

I,arts graduate. age30 .Am I elligible for llb bachelor degree in regular method?If yes, please tell me the institution name and address.

2nd February 2015, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Arts graduate is eligible for LLB through regular mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I,arts graduate. age30 .Am I elligible for llb bachelor degree in regular method?If yes, please tell me the institution name and address.
If you can fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for LLB course but you should qualify in CLAT exam.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. This exam is conducted for admission for LLB & LLM course.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

If you have completed LLB course with above 55% marks then you are eligible for CLAT exam for LLM admission.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Best books for CLAT exam:-

CLAT And LLB Entrance Examination: Study Package
by
A. P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2011)

Model Test Papers For CLAT & LL.B
by
A P Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited (2010)

CLAT Common Law Admission Test
by
Mazumdar Rituparna
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

CLAT Exam Guide
Publisher: Arihant (2011)

List of college for LLB course in regular mode in India:-

NLSIU, Bangalore

Post Bag No. 7201, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560072
Tel: 080-23213160

NALSAR, Hyderabad
3-4, 761, Barkatpura, Hyderabad-500027
Tel: 040-27567955

NLIU, Bhopal
Bhadbhada Road, Barkheri Kalan, Bhopal-462002
Tel: 0755-2696965

Symbiosis Law College, Pune
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune-411004
Tel: 020-25655114

Faculty of Law, DU, Delhi
Delhi-110007
Tel: 011-27667483
E-mail:[email protected]

ILS Law College, Pune
Law College Road, Pune-411004
Tel: 020-25656775
2nd February 2015, 06:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue LLB course through regular mode. As far as "Bar Council of India" rules and eligibility criteria is concerned, THERE IS NO UPPER AGE LIMIT for getting Admission. Since there is no upper age limit set by Bar council of India, you can apply for LLB course having 30 years of age. To be eligible, candidates age must be at least 17 years of age and there is no upper age limit. You must have passed "Graduation" from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks. Since you are an Arts Graduate (met educational qualification criteria) and there is no upper age limit (also met age criteria), you can certainly apply for LLB course. Most important law entrance exam for admission into LLB is "CLAT" (Common Law Admission Test) through which candidates can get admission in 16 participating "National Law Universities" (NLUs). I suggest you to apply for CLAT examination.

For More Details of CLAT
3rd February 2015, 02:56 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for LLB courses through regular mode after completing Graduation course. Any faculty candidates are eligible to apply for LLB course.

Admission to Bachelor of Law (LLB) shall be open to a person having a Bachelor Degree in Arts/Science/ Commerce, Engineering or any faculty of a recognized University or Those candidates who possesses such academic qualifications which are considered equivalent to a
Bachelor's Honors Examination are eligible.

The applicant must score at least 55% of marks at Graduation level and 5% relaxation will be allowed to the applicants belonging from backward class and physically handicapped only.

Admission to the LLB course shall be made in accordance with a merit list prepared strictly on the basis of aggregate marks scored in entrance exam conducted by the respective university and reservation schedule as per norms shall be followed in the admission of candidates of reserved categories.

Those candidates who qualify in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) can also eligible to get admission for LLB.

National Acadamy Of Legal Studies & Research University
3-4-761, Barkatpura, Barkatpura, Barkatpura Rd, Chitrapuri Colony, Lingampalli, Narayanguda, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh 500027 ‎
040 2756 7955

National Law School of India University
Registrar, National Law School of India University, Teachers Colony, Chandra Layout, Bangalore, Karnataka 560242 ‎
080 2321 3160

Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi
University Rd, New Delhi, DL 110007 ‎
011 2766 7853

West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700098 ‎
033 2335 7379

National Law Institute University
Mendori,
Bhopal Madhya Pradesh 462007

Gujarat National Law University
Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar,
Gujarat 382007,
079 2327 6611

National Law University
NH-65, Mandore Road, Rajasthan 342304 ‎
0291 257 7530 ‎

ILS Law College
Law College Rd, Fergusson College Campus, Shivaji Nagar,
Pune, Maharashtra 411004 ‎
020 2565 6775
14th April 2015, 10:09 PM
amanshrivastava98

LLB can be done through 2 modes :

1. By fighting the CLAT examination.

2. Through simple LLB.

If you appear in CLAT and secure a good rank in that then you will be given admission in any of the National Law Universities across the country for a 5 years BA-LLB degree.

But if you have completed graduation then you are not eligible for CLAT.
A simple LLB, you are eligible.

Many university across the country are there which offer a LLB degree through regular as well as the private mode.

There is no such hard and fast eligibility criteria for that.

The candidate just have to pass the higher secondary and all the subject in that successfully as per the guidelines of UGC.
11th June 2018, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

I am reading in B.A 3rd year in Calcutta University. Can I do 5 years LLB course in S.K Acharya Institution of Law?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?