27th December 2016, 09:15 PM
saraswathiSuresh

Minimum and maximum age limit to study Law course in regular and distance mode? Qualification required for it?

Hello sir, I want to know what is the minimum and maximum age limit to study Law course in regular and distance mode? Qualification required for it?

28th December 2016, 10:37 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum and maximum age limit to study Law course in regular and distance mode? Qualification required for it?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year duration course after bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

There is no age limit to get admission in course. So, you are eligible to get admission in course after qualifying in entrance examination conducted by various universities.
28th December 2016, 11:24 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum and maximum age limit to study Law course in regular and distance mode? Qualification required for it?

There is no any age bar to pursue Law course ( LLB or LLM ) in regular or distance mode.

As per Bar Council of India there will be no age limit to get admission but you have to fulfill the other eligibility as to qualify in entrance examination or on basis of merit score.

For

LLB ( 3 year duration ) - The required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

LLM ( 2 year duration ) - The required qualification is LLB from a recognised university.
28th December 2016, 11:32 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

According to the latest clause passed by BCI, five year law course will have upper age limit of 20 years and three year course of law will have age limit of 30 years.

There are following Law degree with different qualification requirement as mentioned below.
>>B.A.L.L.B
This is a five year course and students who have passed classed 12 can pursue this course.

>> L.L.B
This is a 3 year course only open for graduates.

>> L.L.M
This is post graduate course in law. The duration of the course is 2 year, those who passed B.A.L.L.B or L.L.B can do this course.
28th December 2016, 02:36 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

qualification required for Law course:::::::::::::::::::::>

For admission You have to passed any undergraduate course such as B.A. or B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with minimum 40% marks (35% for SC / ST) form any well recognized University and you have to pass a law entrance examination such as CLAT or LAWCET with good marks

Age limits:-

The minimum age limit:-21 year

The maximum age limits:-
*30 years for candidates belonging to General Category.

*32 years for candidates belonging to Sc/St Category.
29th November 2017, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir. I am aged 61 retired as a officer in a public sector organisation and i am postgraduate. Now I want study law can I study in regular college or correspondence course will you guide me which option is best
1st December 2017, 12:42 AM
manjira...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir. I am aged 61 retired as a officer in a public sector organisation and i am postgraduate. Now I want study law can I study in regular college or correspondence course will you guide me which option is best
As per the order of Supreme Court there will be no age limitation to apply for Law course. Bar Council of India had decided to introduce an upper age limitation for admission in law course however the Supreme Court have stayed the rule issued by BCI.

You are eligible to apply for both regular and distance law course however it will be a better option if you take a regular law course since it will have more weightage. There are two options for law course- 3years LLB and 5year course. Since you already have a post graduate degree so you can apply for the 3year LLB course.

Eligibility Criteria for 3year LLB course:-

><The candidates should have a graduation degree from a recognized university.

><The candidates should have scored a minimum of 45% marks in graduation level.

><There is no age limitation

The candidates need to take entrance examination like- CLAT or LAWCET to get admission in a good law college. If you want to get admission in a distance law course there is no entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?