1st January 2011, 11:09 PM
rimi786

Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB?

i have got 58 % marks in 12th and in physics ,chemistry,bio combining i got 44 % in these 3 subjects. Am I eligible for the exam?

2nd January 2011, 08:41 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Scored 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB : Am I eligible for AIPMT?

A candidate applying for AIPMT must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.

sorry to say but you are not eligible for above exam but yes there is relaxation for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes as there marks should be 40% marks instead of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Bio-technology taken together in 12th class!!
2nd January 2011, 08:50 AM
sonu1234

Default Re: Scored 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB : Am I eligible for AIPMT?

yup, you are eligible for AIPMT. there is no such kind of criteria. best of luck
2nd January 2011, 10:16 AM
khan.9898

hello rimi

first of all i want to say happy new year and best of luck for ur xaams ..

i think u are not eligible for aipmt ....

you should try other courses in which you are intrested ...

i think you should gone through btech (biotech)....

this is helpful for u ....

for any other queries u can directly mail me on [email protected]
2nd January 2011, 11:12 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

yes , u are eligible according to my knowledge. But still confirm with AIPMT website for latest regulation.
2nd January 2011, 01:14 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimi786 View Post
i have got 58 % marks in 12th and in physics ,chemistry,bio combining i got 44 % in these 3 subjects. Am I eligible for the exam?
For being eligible to appear AIPMT one is required to have 50% marks
together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Your score in Physics Chemistry and Biology taking together is less than 50%
so you are not eligible to appear AIPMT.
You can see the relevant details in AIPMT admission brochure.
It is attached with this message.

I think state PMT would not have such criteria as per PCB marks.
You can appear State PMTs in that case.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIPMT2011.pdf(3.18 MB, 4140 views)
2nd January 2011, 02:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

For Appear in AIPMT, You have to scored Minimum 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. But According to you Eligiblity, You have scored Only 44% Marks in PCB, So, you are Not eligible for AIPMT.

So, its better, if you can apply for Some other Entrance exams. Because for this exams You are Not Eligible.

And Make sure That, You are also Not Eligible for PMT Entrance exams Because for PMT, You have to also Scored minimum 50% aggregate marks with physics, chemistry, biology & English as compulsory subjects.

So, You are Not Eligible for Both AIPMT OR PMT Entrance exams.
2nd January 2011, 02:41 PM
ujjwal abhishek

Quote:
Eligibility for attending AIPMT exam is that u should have scored 60% in 12th exam and 50% in physics,chemistry and biology .....so in current year you are not eligible to sit in the exam........
but do not lose hope....you may have two options......

1)you should attend 12th exam one more time ...and enhance your marks ...specially in PCB....and then you can attend the AIPMT exam....in this year while preparing for 12th ....u may prepare for AIPMT by doing some extra papers................so ....go and prepare for 12th without any hesitation.....u don't have much time to think......god is with you......best of luck..............

2)if you are very eager to sit in the exam........you should seek for state -PMT............where you may take admissions.....just by sitting in exam and doing some problems.....

2nd January 2011, 04:20 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi Buddy

1)Eligibility for All India Pre-Medical Test(AIPMT)

*Minimum Percentage mark in Physics,Chemistry and Biology should be 50% for General Candidate

*For SC/ST 40 Percentage is required for the Exam

-->If you are SC/ST you are eligible for the Entrance Exam for AIPMT and should be 17 years of Age at the time of Admission

Best of luck for your Further
2nd January 2011, 04:54 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

dear friend.

AIPMT exam has the minimum eligibility is 50%.you have to less than percentage.That why your not eligible for the exam.
2nd January 2011, 05:53 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Like all other standard exams AIPMT also has strict rule of elligibility according to which you need atleast 50% marks in aggregate in Physics,Chemistry and Biology & English .but according to you you have secured only 44% marks and hence you are not elligible for this AIPMT .

if you are general candidate then you are not elligible but if you are SC/ST/OBC candidate then you are elligible because for these candidate the marks criteria is reduced to 40% and you have enough.
i had attached a file containg the elligibility criteria of AIPMT .so,just have a look on it to clear your doubts.
Attached Files
File Type: docx AIPMT.docx(11.7 KB, 330 views)
2nd January 2011, 07:31 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Scored 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB : Am I eligible for AIPMT?

Quote:
Well rimi,

preparation preparation !! doesn't make sense if you are not eligible.

yes your doubt is correct to the mark and you are not eligible for the Exam.

because for writing AIPMT you must have 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry
and Biology.

for more details i am uploading prospectus of AIPMT 2011.
and please refer page number 4 of this prospectus for eligibility.

PROSPECTUS
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIPMT2011.pdf(3.18 MB, 381 views)
2nd January 2011, 08:18 PM
neelamjhan

Default Re: Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB?

hiii ur 12 th class marks r fine but ur pcb aggre is less so u got to work hard or go for some other alternative and there more information if u r a sc/st or obc candidate visit the site http://entrance.icbse.com this will give u all information about eligibilty all the best
2nd January 2011, 09:53 PM
sandipk
Senior Member+

dear friend,

You have scored Only 44% Marks in PCB,but for appear in AIPMT, You have to scored Minimum 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.so you are Not eligible for AIPMT.

good luck.....
2nd January 2011, 10:05 PM
vikul

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB?

My friend for applying in AIPMT a candidate should have at least got 50% marks in PCB for general candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates. A candidate can only appear for AIPMT for a maximum of three times.To become a doctor it is very very imortant to work hard.AIPMT is one of the toughest exams in India.But don't loose hopes try to apply for a state PMT .

BEST OF LUCK
2nd January 2011, 10:38 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know to giving the AIPMT exam you should have minimum 50% Aggregate in PCM.As you have 44% in PCM so you are not eligible for the AIPMT exam.
good luck.....
2nd January 2011, 10:43 PM
saswata06

You are not eligible as in the PCB combination you have less than 50%.So try for any other course.
2nd January 2011, 11:09 PM
Gaurav b

No u r nt eligible for PMT,u need min.50 percet in PCB
3rd January 2011, 12:30 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB?

Quote:
Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that the critaria is minimum 50% but you have little less than the requirement...
3rd January 2011, 01:06 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
aipmt requires at least 50% in PCB but in general category
for obc 45% and for sc/st 40% in PCB.
so if u r of obc or sc/st then good otherwise u had to find out another good medical collage
3rd January 2011, 06:33 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB
first of all i want to say happy new year and best of luck for ur xaams ..

u are not eligible for aipmt ....

you should try other courses in which you are intrested ...

good luck.
21st March 2011, 11:26 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

AIPMT Eligibility Criteria:
(i)He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.

(iiThe upper age limit for All India Pre-Medical /Pre-Dental Entrance Examination is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.

Qualifications:
  • The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
  • The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (which shall include practical test in these subjects) and English.
  • The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre-professional/Pre-medical examination shall include practical test in these subjects.
  • The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
  • B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
  • Any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology; Which shall include practical test in these subjects.) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
  • A candidate who is taking up the qualifying examination prior to the competitive test, or whose result is awaited, may also apply and take up the said test but he/she shallnot be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of allotment by personal appearance.Provided that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above. Provided also that to be eligible for competitive entrance examination the candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. In respect of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be 40% marks instead of 50% for General Candidates. Further, for persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
4th April 2011, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have scored 53% in class 12th boards and 53% in PCB

am i eligible for MBBS or BHMS?
4th April 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

I have got 59.3% in AIPMT preliminary Exam 2011 Will I be qualified for final exam
5th April 2011, 07:26 PM
Nazu_khurana

Sorry, you are not eligible for AIPMT because minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are required and you are getting only 44% marks.

But in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General Candidates. So, if you belong to above casts then you are eligible.
5th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sidharth Sharma
I had complete my 12class this year i have Scored in physics 48 chemistry 58 biology 56 so my total marks is 55% in science subject so i can sit in AIPMT Because Sir MY DREAM is to become a doctor but sir i had score in english 41marks only so iam giving improvement exam so i want ask you that i can give improvement exam of english and physics or not because sir my total percentage in science is 55% i am student of general category
11th August 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

anurag panday
i have 49% in 12th but 51% in b.sc . am i eligibile for aipmt exam
4th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Santosh Kumar
I had complete my 12class this year i have Scored in physics 62 chemistry 58 biology 32 so my total marks is 49% in science subject so i can sit in AIPMT Because Sir MY DREAM is to become a doctor but sir i had score in english 48 marks only so iam giving improvement exam so i want ask you that i can give improvement exam of Biology or not because sir my total percentage in science is 49% i am student of OBC category

So, sir kindly give me details
[email protected]
9th October 2011, 11:57 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
This exam is conducted by CBSE to take admission in MBBS colleges.

Pattern for the exam:

1.In CBSE PMT there are two exams first is pre test in which objective questions are asked .there are three sections physics,chemistry,biology.Only conceptual questions are asked.
after that if you clear that exam then you to appear for main exam which also consists three sections but questions will be subjective type.

2.In other exams like AFMC,AIIMS questions are asked from all three subject(PCB).

3.If you take coaching for MBBS that will be very helpful to your preparation,you will get the idea about which type of questions are asked.

Other than CBSE-PMT you can appear for different exams through which you will get admission in good MBBS college.

AIIMS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences AIIMS Entrance Exam

AFMC - Armed Forces Medical College Exam AFMC Entrance Exam

AIPMT - All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination AIPMT Exam...

MP DMAT - All India Dental & Medical Admission Test - Madhya Pradesh MP DMAT Medical Entrance Exam

AIMS - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Aims Medical Exam

AIPGMEE - All India Post Graduate Medical/Dental Entrance Exam AIPGMEE

AU AIMEE - Annamalai University-All India Medical Entrance Examinations AU AIMEE

Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical Entrance Exam Bharati Vidyapeeth University

Some of best MBBS college in India is follows:
1. AIIMS, Delhi
2. Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
3. Christian Medical College, Vellore
4. JIPMER, Puducherry
5. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
6. Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
7. Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
8. Grant Medical College, Mumbai
9. St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
10. Madras Medical College, Chennai

best of lk..
10th October 2011, 12:53 AM
jevirsinh

Hello
Yes off course you are eligible for AIPMT
Eligibility
-candiadate should 12th pass
-candidate have secure 50% mark in individual subject
1-biology,
2-physics,
3-chemistry
New patter of AIPMT take entrance test
Total 240marks 2 test
1-Preliminary Examination:
2-Final Examination
17th January 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

M gauri i belong 2 NT cast i got 67.33% in 12 n this year i wanna give aipmt bt my problem is in feb exam last year i passed physics n as i was suffering 4 typhiod i was'nt able 2 write chem paper tat time i got 33 in chem n i failed n than i was admited so i did'nt gave bio paper.. N i cleared these 2 sub. In my oct. Supli exam as per da rule i go 55% in my pcb group bt da prob is i passed phy. In feb n chem n bio in oct so m i eligible 4 aipmt exam i wanna go 4 BDS,
1st May 2012, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

IF ONE IS NOT ABLE TO SECURE AN AGGREGATE OF 60% MARKS IN PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY AND ENGLISH IN HIS FIRST ATTEMPT OF 2 AND AFTER GIVING AN IMPROMENT TEST HE SECURES A 68% AGGREGATE IS HE ELIGIBLE FOR AIIMS?AND WHICH MARKS SHEET SHOULD BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION?
11th May 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

sir my 12 sci marks is 73%in pcb i want to know what are marks required for clearing dmat and getting admission in bds course plz let me knw sir
28th May 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

i got 51% in pcb so iam eligible for aipmt or state pmt
30th May 2012, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 68.33% in HSC & 82 marks in Asso-CET so i wanted to ask that whether i can get admission for bds college in maharashtra.
1st June 2012, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible forAIPMT after scoring 55%in PCB?
5th June 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for AIPMT after scoring 81% in12th and 50% in PCB but i belong to ANDHRA PRADESH can i apply for AIPMT
6th June 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i scored 48 % in 12 and 53.6% taken together in pcb and 49 marks in eng. . i m from cbse board m i eligble for aipmt.??
6th June 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i scored 48.6% in 12th std. , 53.6% taken together in pcb and 49 marks in eng. i m from cbse board m i eligble for aipmt.?
21st June 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

i got 43 49 52 in physics che bio 49/percent 52 in hsc i want to give aipmt next year am i eligible
21st June 2012, 07:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To sit for AIPMT or similar entrance exams its mandatory to have 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Since you don't satisfy that criteria therefore its very unfortunate that you would not be able to sit for the exam.
23rd June 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED OUT THIS YEAR 12TH WITH 54% BUT MY PCB % IS 58%. AM THINKING TO DROP A YEAR FOR MEDICAL ENTRANCE OF 2012_2013. I WANT TO ASK IS MY PERCENTAGE IS ELIGIBLE 4 NEXT YEAR MED ENTRANCE EXAM AM 4M GENERAL CATEGORY?
15th May 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

whats the cut off percentage of pcb in st john medical college,bangalore after 10 2 from shillong......
27th May 2013, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

i have scored 77 percent marks in 12th and in pcb i have scored 49.6percent marks and i belong to general category.am i eligible for AIPMT?
31st May 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for aipmt after getting 53 out 100 in phy and chem and in bio i get 77 out of 100 and 12th board i get 63%and in pcb together i got 61%.
10th June 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 64% in 12th exam and 57% in PCB?
15th July 2013, 07:49 PM
morisha

Default Re: Scored 70% in 12th and 48.2 % in PCB but 69% in english: Am I eligible for any govt.medical college

Scored 70% in 12th and 48.2 % in PCB but 69% in english: Am I eligible for any govt.medical college plz.help me out !!
12th December 2013, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

sir im pass in 12 with 59% but not pass in phy and my % in pcb is 48% sir me aipmt exam ke liye. qualified hu kiya
28th January 2014, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

i am vocational student without biology , i am eligible to give aipmt or not ?
6th May 2014, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Am i elgible far afmc scoring 70% in 12th but no passed in 10th standard mathe.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?