14th August 2018, 02:31 PM
Sparveen98

Am I eligible to apply for CTET - 2018 while being in 1st year of college degree course?

I have passed class 12th in 2017 with 79% and I have joined college in English Honors in 2018. I have started my first year now. Can I apply for CTET - 2018 only for paper 1? I did not join college last year because I was preparing for NEET but I did not succeed in NEET.

15th August 2018, 09:47 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CTET - 2018 while being in 1st year of college degree course?

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test and it is held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers across various CBSE affiliated government and private schools.

To apply for CTET Paper I examination for becoming teacher upto Class V, the minimum education required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 50% mars from a recognized board. Also, you must hold a teacher training degree course such as B.Ed/D.El.Ed/D.Ed etc. along with your Class 12th for appearing in CTET Paper I examination.

So, being a student of first year of an undergraduate degree course, you are not eligible for appearing in CTET Paper I examination, unless you opt for a teacher training degree course after your Class 12th.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 10:39 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CTET - 2018 while being in 1st year of college degree course?

The eligibility to appear in CTET paper - I is that candidate must have passed higher secondary and also have diploma in elementary education.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination if you do not have diploma or bachelor degree in education which is the requisite qualification for appearing in examination.

It is conducted by CBSE. For more information visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 12:40 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

This examination is conducted for primary as well as secondary teacher. Candidates who have passed 12th from a recognized board and have done diploma in education or one year B.Ed course can apply for class one to five teacher recruitment CTET examination.

In first year of degree course, you can apply for CTET 1-5th recruitment.
15th August 2018, 02:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Primary teacher if you have also done a diploma in education certificate.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed higher secondary or equivalent and have diploma in elementary education. No age limit to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 03:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. In first year of degree course, you are eligible for primary teacher qualification. The required qualification for Class I to V is given as below:

>>Candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks in it.

>>Candidate must have minimum qualification of two years Diploma in Elementary Education to apply for CTET Primary teacher qualification.
15th August 2018, 06:01 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to write CTET entrance examination you must have a degree of B.Ed from a recognized university.
You can pursue B.Ed after completing graduation as well as you can go through integrated course like- BA+B.Ed or any other.
As because to have a degree of B.Ed is compulsory to appear in CTET entrance examination.
15th August 2018, 10:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed candidate without having professional teacher training course such as D.Ed/B.Ed/D.El.Ed degree courses, you are not eligible for appearing in CTET 2018 in any of its paper.

As, you have opted for bachelor's degree then even after completing your bachelor's degree you will be required to pursue D.Ed/B.Ed degree course for becoming eligible to appear in CTET.

For more details regarding CTET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ctet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?